2015/16 Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Barring Alfie who came to play with his countrymen who has he picked up since Stuart that was worth a **** as a player?

I don't have much, you're preaching to the choir there odin.

Edit: I guess Hossa and Dekeyser?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Besides, Ericsson just isn't a good #2. Not his fault he's playing above his head. It would be like saying Helm was garbage because he's not a #1 center.

Thank you so much for this Heaton. He is a fine shut down #4 kinda like Stuart. It just isn't his fault he isn't paired with a top 4 all time d man. He would be great on the second pairing. Which coincidently was where he was when he had his peak performance seasons.

Quite a few people here are ignorant to the fact that Big Rig is above his station and just **** on him cause he can't produce like Rafalski could.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Thank you so much for this Heaton. He is a fine shut down #4 kinda like Stuart. It just isn't his fault he isn't paired with a top 4 all time d man. He would be great on the second pairing. Which coincidently was where he was when he had his peak performance seasons.

Quite a few people here are ignorant to the fact that Big Rig is above his station and just **** on him cause he can't produce like Rafalski could.

He had his best season(s) along Kronwall, which is the same place he's playing now.

And I don't even think he'd be good on a second pair anymore. Maybe ok, because if DK can make Quincey look good he could probably do the same for Ericsson. But saying he'd be great there without seeing it is just giving him benefit of the doubt just because.

Ericsson is a lot more Lilja than Stuart.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I don't have much, you're preaching to the choir there odin.

Edit: I guess Hossa and Dekeyser?

That is why I am really against most of the potential trades that get proposed here. He gets hosed and has been for the past 3-5 years.

Our pro scouting has been **** for going on 3+ years. I would evaluate them all and bare minimum dismiss 1/2 them immediately if I where in control as GM.

I'll give you Hossa but DDK always wanted to be a DRW. Ten bucks says he gets the next "abby" commercial next year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That is why I am really against most of the potential trades that get proposed here. He gets hosed and has been for the past 3-5 years.

Our pro scouting has been **** for going on 3+ years. I would evaluate them all and bare minimum dismiss 1/2 them immediately if I where in control as GM.

I'll give you Hossa but DDK always wanted to be a DRW. Ten bucks says he gets the next "abby" commercial next year.

Even though I understand how you may not like Phaneuf, you also can't let your failure keep you from trying if you're Holland.

We just need to do better there.

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
Phaneuf was already declining in Calgary-- that's why they shipped him out for a bunch of role-players. He's a scaled up version of Ericsson, except that Ericsson is still at least somewhat mobile. The big hits that Phaneuf occasionally still lands are far outnumbered by all times that players evade him and result in odd-man situations. To say nothing of the excruciating give-aways he commits as one of the league's top paid blueliners. He fills what need on the roster? Another LH on the PP? If you didn't like seeing those SH goals scored towards the end of last season, you may want to brace yourself if Phaneuf ends up working the point. Anyone who is seriously thinking that Phaneuf, even if he were only hitting the cap for $5mil, could be a net positive on their team hasn't been watching him play very closely. And this isn't just "hyperbole", it's empirical-- have a look at Phaneuf's advanced stats (spoiler: they're among the worst in the league), especially compared to his peers (spoiler: among the worst on his team)

For those teasing themselves with the idea that Phaneuf (or Kessel) might flourish in a better environment like Detroit, think for a second: when is the last time the Wings have picked up a big name player from a crappy team and had him be even nearly as productive in the Wings' system? Crappy teams are where mediocre players can over-achieve. But let's go ahead and commit the next 6 years and excessive cap-space to a guy most of you are talking about having as 2nd pairing guy; let's do that with the hope that he might rediscover his form from...nearly...a...decade...ago...

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Phaneuf was already declining in Calgary-- that's why they shipped him out for a bunch of role-players. He's a scaled up version of Ericsson, except that Ericsson is still at least somewhat mobile. The big hits that Phaneuf occasionally still lands are far outnumbered by all times that players evade him and result in odd-man situations. To say nothing of the excruciating give-aways he commits as one of the league's top paid blueliners. He fills what need on the roster? Another LH on the PP? If you didn't like seeing those SH goals scored towards the end of last season, you may want to brace yourself if Phaneuf ends up working the point. Anyone who is seriously thinking that Phaneuf, even if he were only hitting the cap for $5mil, could be a net positive on their team hasn't been watching him play very closely. And this isn't just "hyperbole", it's empirical-- have a look at Phaneuf's advanced stats (spoiler: they're among the worst in the league), especially compared to his peers (spoiler: among the worst on his team)

For those teasing themselves with the idea that Phaneuf (or Kessel) might flourish in a better environment like Detroit, think for a second: when is the last time the Wings have picked up a big name player from a crappy team and had him be even nearly as productive in the Wings' system? Crappy teams are where mediocre players can over-achieve. But let's go ahead and commit the next 6 years and excessive cap-space to a guy most of you are talking about having as 2nd pairing guy; let's do that with the hope that he might rediscover his form from...nearly...a...decade...ago...

If Phanuef was actually good, wouldnt they want to keep him to mentor the young guys :sarcasm:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Holland should try to lure Radulov to come here :naughty:

There is also: Dadanov, Shirokov, Tikchonov, Plotnikov.

Would love to see:

Tatar - Datsuyk - Helm
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Tikhonov - Sheahan - Plotnikov
Miller - Glendening - Andersson

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Uh, that is not at all why people **** on Ericsson. They **** on him because he can't play like Stuart. And that's in addition to being the antithesis of Rafalski offensively. Ericsson has one job: to be a physical shutdown type. And for the most part, he sucks at it.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Uh, that is not at all why people **** on Ericsson. They **** on him because he can't play like Stuart. And that's in addition to being the antithesis of Rafalski offensively. Ericsson has one job: to be a physical shutdown type. And for the most part, he sucks at it.

Ericsson and Stuart are pretty similar in the way that Stuart was good for like 2 years in Detroit then was bad a lot of the time. Ericsson looked great next to Lidstrom. Stuart looked great behind Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Kronwall.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Stuart played on the second pairing with Kronwall most of his time in Detroit so that is a lot different than what Ericsson is being asked to do. Stuart played with Lidstrom on the top pairing for one season and that was also the only - season of Lidstrom's career and by far the worst puck possession season of his career, as well. They then paired Ian White with Lidstrom the next season and they went back to having a top pairing that could significantly outplay and outscore opponents. I think Ericsson would be fine on the second pairing- particularly if he played with DD.

I'd be curious how DD would do alongside Kronwall on the top pairing, though. DD carried the 2nd pairing and did really well in the #3 role. Improving the top pairing should be the top priority.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Beside a few personnel changes the Wings will remain basically the same. So the current Wings have to develop now, this off-season must be huge. I know the guys train every year but our only hope is that they can take their practice/discipline as a professional to another level. The Red Wings need a greater dedication to winning and mastery these next months in preparation. How is it Datsyuk returns every season stronger than the last? It must be his off-season conditioning. Development isn't a subject concerning only prospects, the top echelon of NHL players also strive continually to grow their game.

The DRW have got to concentrate on their shots, board battles, transition under pressure, etc. etc. As awesome and skilled as Detroit thinks they are we're obviously not all that. Players individually also have to work on their weaknesses:

Quincey and Ericsson- learn how to handle the mother****ing puck
DeKeyser- put on some weight
Tatar and Nyquist- get over their size limitations, get to scoring areas
Sheahan- has A LOT of work to do
Abbie and Helm- work on their shots/stickhandling
Z- should focus on healing- flexibility and mobility practice more than strength
Pulkkinen- get smarter making plays
Etc...

I realize you can't plant corn and expect beans to sprout(imagining players to be something they can't be). But especially considering our younger guns there is much room for improvement... I expect(demand :rant:)to see that space filled this year.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
What about that Mike Reilly Kid? Could He pull a Danny Dekeyser and step right in? he put 42 points in 39 games last year. At 6'1 181 lbs he isnt undersized and can move the puck. He is lefty, but I hope that wouldn't disinterest the Wings. By all accounts he looked great at the World Championships playing for Team USA

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
What about that Mike Reilly Kid? Could He pull a Danny Dekeyser and step right in? he put 42 points in 39 games last year. At 6'1 181 lbs he isnt undersized and can move the puck. He is lefty, but I hope that wouldn't disinterest the Wings. By all accounts he looked great at the World Championships playing for Team USA

If he's better than Ouellet and Marchenko, he should definitely be on the Wings' radar. He should surpass Smith/Kindl from what I saw from him at the Worlds.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

We should certainly make an offer, but my money says that he signs with MN. I could be wrong, but I think his dad is actually a very, very small minority owner of the team. I agree that he is great offensively, but he needs to be much more engaged defensively at the NHL level.

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
We should certainly make an offer, but my money says that he signs with MN. I could be wrong, but I think his dad is actually a very, very small minority owner of the team. I agree that he is great offensively, but he needs to be much more engaged defensively at the NHL level.

He'd either have to settle with not starting on the NHL roster or Minny would have to make some roster moves because they're not exactly sitting pretty wrt cap space. Even when they likely buy out Backstrom, they still won't really be in a position to offer Dubnyk more than 3mil per, so even before this kid would sign on they'll probably need to dump salary.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Mlive stared with the dumb slideshows somewhere around Febuary March i think. Maybe earlier but i cant remember. Its pretty stupid :dunno:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
2015 and next year are important years with timing of players entering free agency. It's exciting the Wings have a lot of big decisions to make.

Obviously Cleary, Monster, Cole, and Zidlicky will not be re-signed (Allah willing :laugh:), which is something to feel very positive about.

Nyquist IMO should get exactly what Tatar makes, 2.75 and not a dime more. He hasn't proven dick in the playoffs. Take a short contract to prove his worth and place as a future leader.

There must be questions considering Andersson, Jurco, Pulkkinen and Ferraro. I'm of the mind who could care less if Andy or Ferraro stays, but I guess we need that possible 4th line center if Helm continues as a wing in the top 6. Who from GR could replace him as of now for cheaper? Andersson kind of makes me think of how we held onto Emmerton for too long, I wouldn't mind a fresh look. Ferraro also I am very bored with. Why stick with a (very) poor man's Glendening when the Wings have over 13 million in space without him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad