Prospect Info: 2015/16 Bakersfield Condors Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Pitlick and Winquist have been good too.

Need to qualify Pitlick and sign Winquist stat

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Well, guess the Condors can kiss the playoffs goodbye with Purcell, Nilsson, and Schultz getting traded for picks and an ECHL goalie today. Brossoit called up this morning and presumably a forward and D-man to be called up soon...bummer.

Not to say that they weren't trades that the Oilers had to make. In fact, it's a pretty good return for the players that they dumped, but the side effect is brutal for the Condors. My guess is Klinkhammer and either Reinhart or Nikitin get the call.

I wouldn't count out a minor league transaction or two to help you guys out before the trade deadline Monday. Management here has valued a successful farm team for a while now, and I'm sure they'd like to get some playoff games in for the first year in Bakersfield. Providence was also pretty successful while Chia was in charge of the Bs, so I'd imagine he'll bring that with him.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
I wouldn't count out a minor league transaction or two to help you guys out before the trade deadline Monday. Management here has valued a successful farm team for a while now, and I'm sure they'd like to get some playoff games in for the first year in Bakersfield. Providence was also pretty successful while Chia was in charge of the Bs, so I'd imagine he'll bring that with him.

Hope so. Last night they lost a game that would have been won with LB.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Chase needs a call up. He's too good for AA.

Chase was just ok here. I expected more. Eetu has actually played better than LB in his last 2 games here. Gazdic is terrible. We lost to SJ because in OT, two Condors decided to do a line change at the same time and left one on the ice. Eetu bailed them out twice. Once Ford passed it to SJ player and he had a breakaway. The other time A Condor passed it to the boards by Eetu and no one was there but SJ.

In short we are losing games because the forwards do not play a consistent physical game and this team is way to small to compete. Laleggia cannot box out a single player. he is far better as a forward than a Dman.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Help should be coming from Edmonton as well...

Khaira , Oesterle for now... possibly Nurse and LB later on.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Chase was just ok here. I expected more. Eetu has actually played better than LB in his last 2 games here. Gazdic is terrible. We lost to SJ because in OT, two Condors decided to do a line change at the same time and left one on the ice. Eetu bailed them out twice. Once Ford passed it to SJ player and he had a breakaway. The other time A Condor passed it to the boards by Eetu and no one was there but SJ.

In short we are losing games because the forwards do not play a consistent physical game and this team is way to small to compete. Laleggia cannot box out a single player. he is far better as a forward than a Dman.

I haven't seen him play in the AHL yet. The Condor games I saw were before and after his callup. Would like to see him being tried out again if he keeps excelling in the AA.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Wonder if we'll see Kessy or any others make their NHL debuts sometime before the end of the season.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Wonder if we'll see Kessy or any others make their NHL debuts sometime before the end of the season.

I think that's something that's been lacking this year. Call-ups bring a certain desperation and emotion to their game that I think could help, when emotion on a game to game basis is a huge problem for this squad.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think that's something that's been lacking this year. Call-ups bring a certain desperation and emotion to their game that I think could help, when emotion on a game to game basis is a huge problem for this squad.

We have used 32 players and 3 goalies. Not sure calling up people has been an issue this year.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
So is Nikitin now not eligible for playoffs if Bakersfield made it?

Both Nikitin and Gazdic cannot play in the AHL play offs. According to an article that I read it stated it is for the prospects and neither one are so they would be stealing ice time form players moving up and therefore hurting their development process.
Gazdic is way too slow to be effective and his physical game has fallen way off. Nikitin on the other hand has been a real asset. Without him we may not make the post season with the loss of LB

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
We have used 32 players and 3 goalies. Not sure calling up people has been an issue this year.

What forwards have been called up? Miller and Khaira?

Kind of helps my idea that we don't circulate much eager blood into bottom group. I'm not saying it's a fix, but a little emotion might help this squad.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory

I am still thoroughly confused as to the reasons for the abrupt flight home to Russia... and now, the consequent return of the prodigal son back to Bakersfield. Oh well, at least he is back.. I really, really do hope this didn't stem from some unhealthy and completely undeserved sense of entitlement regarding any callups.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I am still thoroughly confused as to the reasons for the abrupt flight home to Russia... and now, the consequent return of the prodigal son back to Bakersfield. Oh well, at least he is back.. I really, really do hope this didn't stem from some unhealthy and completely undeserved sense of entitlement regarding any callups.

There are likely hurt feelings, ego, frustrations and whatever else involved but if we need to simplify it, I'd say ice-time is the culprit.

I'm happy to see him return so soon as well.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
Pretty sure that's not true for injury call ups.

Reinhart was not called up on an emergency recall. Oilers used a full recall and so that leaves them with one more to make for the season as mentioned above by easternrefugee (the other two being Nurse and Brossoit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad