Prospect Info: 2015/16 Bakersfield Condors Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I think we might have accidentally developed a player.

Not only did Jujhar Khaira look decent in his time in the NHL, he's now putting up points in the AHL.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Not only did Jujhar Khaira look decent in his time in the NHL, he's now putting up points in the AHL.

I was listening to the Barons announcer on Gregor's show yesterday - missed the guy's name - but he mentioned that Khaira, Pitlick, LaLeggia, and Oesterle have all pretty much been PPG over the last dozen or so games.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Khaira REALLY wants to be in the NHL. I liked him in his stint and its really positive hes bringing down in the A. 19 points in 28 games and ppg over last stretch

I say keep that core together so they can make a playoff push. But I see Khaira in the NHL next season. Potentially as a good 3rd line winger

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Another goal for Slepyshev last night, his last 4 games he's gone 3-1-4, +2 and 12 shots on goal. It looks like after losing a month due to injury he just might be starting to find his groove.

IMO he's the forgotten prospect that the Oilers seem to never talk about since his strong training camp, and I hope he keeps it up and forces the Oilers to at least give him a call-up as the season winds down. Perhaps if Purcell gets traded at the deadline that will give him a crack in the door.

Still really pulling for this guy. I hope the Oilers don't consider him an afterthought.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Khaira REALLY wants to be in the NHL. I liked him in his stint and its really positive hes bringing down in the A. 19 points in 28 games and ppg over last stretch

I say keep that core together so they can make a playoff push. But I see Khaira in the NHL next season. Potentially as a good 3rd line winger

Yeah, Khaira's been huge so far this month, 8 points in his last 5 games and a +6. Those are approaching "forcing the big club to call him up" numbers if he can keep it up for another week or two.

Could he actually be a 3rd round pick that works out for the team? What a novelty that would be.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Another goal for Slepyshev last night, his last 4 games he's gone 3-1-4, +2 and 12 shots on goal. It looks like after losing a month due to injury he just might be starting to find his groove.

IMO he's the forgotten prospect that the Oilers seem to never talk about since his strong training camp, and I hope he keeps it up and forces the Oilers to at least give him a call-up as the season winds down. Perhaps if Purcell gets traded at the deadline that will give him a crack in the door.

Still really pulling for this guy. I hope the Oilers don't consider him an afterthought.

Takes normally 20-25 games to adjust to NA, so he looks right on track. However I worry hell be back in the KHL soon if Yak is dealt and his boy Bo is already there. I say give him some NHL games this season to keep him around

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
Takes normally 20-25 games to adjust to NA, so he looks right on track. However I worry hell be back in the KHL soon if Yak is dealt and his boy Bo is already there. I say give him some NHL games this season to keep him around

I don't think he has the out in his contract. I could be wrong but MacT giving Yakimov the option to leave was a pretty rookie mistake on his part and since Chia signed Slepyshev I don't think he'd have included that unless Slepyshev said he wouldn't come over without it.

I could be wrong but I don't think he'd have included it.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I don't think he has the out in his contract. I could be wrong but MacT giving Yakimov the option to leave was a pretty rookie mistake on his part and since Chia signed Slepyshev I don't think he'd have included that unless Slepyshev said he wouldn't come over without it.

I could be wrong but I don't think he'd have included it.

Hopefully, I think hell be a good depth scoring option next year. Hell be cheap too

If we can find takers for Korpse and Letesu, I think those guys will be able to take over

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

He doesn't get a lot of mention around here for some reason but I thought he fit in pretty well in his stint in the top 6, had surprisingly good puckhandling skills, and the 4th line looked best when he was on it wreaking havoc on the forecheck.
It looks like he's tracking well to take on a full time spot next season.
They need an injection of young energy in the worst way in the bottom 6.

Slepyshev looks to be getting more comfortable as well. 3 goals in 3 games and 4 points in his last 4. Could make for some interesting training camp battles next season.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He doesn't get a lot of mention around here for some reason but I thought he fit in pretty well in his stint in the top 6, had surprisingly good puckhandling skills, and the 4th line looked best when he was on it wreaking havoc on the forecheck.
It looks like he's tracking well to take on a full time spot next season.
They need an injection of young energy in the worst way in the bottom 6.

Slepyshev looks to be getting more comfortable as well. 3 goals in 3 games and 4 points in his last 4. Could make for some interesting training camp battles next season.

A little more offseason work for Khaira and I think he's ready for a bottom 6 role. Love his size and when he first got called up I don't think I saw him lose a single board battle in his first 6 or so games. If he can find consistency in that along with his size and physicality, and willingness to drop the gloves, then he could be a really useful guy in our bottom 6.

Also would be nice if Slepy can finish off the season strong and make a jump to a 3rd line spot next year. Loved him in TC and is another guy with size and physicality and a scoring touch that this team could really use.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Hopefully, I think hell be a good depth scoring option next year. Hell be cheap too

If we can find takers for Korpse and Letestu, I think those guys will be able to take over
Why would Chia trade him, when he just signed him to a 3 year deal. Reasonable money, veteran who can be trusted.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Why would Chia trade him, when he just signed him to a 3 year deal. Reasonable money, veteran who can be trusted.

Yeah I agree, Letestu is a good 4th line C. We either need to run Nuge on the 3rd line or trade him and bring in a solid 2-way guy who can chip in 30 points as the 3C.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
A little more offseason work for Khaira and I think he's ready for a bottom 6 role. Love his size and when he first got called up I don't think I saw him lose a single board battle in his first 6 or so games. If he can find consistency in that along with his size and physicality, and willingness to drop the gloves, then he could be a really useful guy in our bottom 6.

Also would be nice if Slepy can finish off the season strong and make a jump to a 3rd line spot next year. Loved him in TC and is another guy with size and physicality and a scoring touch that this team could really use.

I see Khaira as Hendricks' replacement one day. Maybe one day soon. Hendricks has really slowed down since he used his junk to block a shot - understandable - but he's also getting up there in years.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I see Khaira as Hendricks' replacement one day. Maybe one day soon. Hendricks has really slowed down since he used his junk to block a shot - understandable - but he's also getting up there in years.

Yeah thats true. Khaira could end up a more effective hendricks tbh. I love Hendo, but he doesn't have that potential 6'3/4 225-230 frame that Khaira could grow into, and I think that Khaira can be a more effective guy along the boards.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think you keep Khaira as your main callup for next season, but its nice to see him stepping up. A bit like the Kings getting King, Clifford, and Nolan to step in before their cup run and that really changing the image and mentality of their team

Pakarinen, Khaira, Kessy are all at or getting close to an NHL level. Add in other talent with size in Slepyahev and even Yakimov and possiby Pitlick and Klinkhammer, and you've got too like the bottom six going forward.

I think one of the biggest weakness for this team has been that it's bottom lines were/are dominated by guys that are => 6'1 and weigh less than 200. Lander, Letestu, Korpikoski, Belanger, Gordon, Horcoff, Yakupov, ect. Easy to contain and the definition of vanilla.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
And another point for Miller with 8 points in 4 games. Some essentially hes the new Marcobello

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Khaira with a goal, 10 pts in 6 games. Klink scored again and GR with an assist

Klink's goal was a tap in with the goalie pulled, but as CanadianSuperPromise stated that line was really good. Khaira is quickly approaching the point where he might be able to cut it as an NHL regular, but I really would like to hold him down there longer, his offensive game is coming along nicely and wouldn't want to stunt its development putting him into a 4th line role. If Detroit was developing Khaira instead of us, I'd think he might have a chance at becoming something along the lines of a Justin Abdelkader.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Klink's goal was a tap in with the goalie pulled, but as CanadianSuperPromise stated that line was really good. Khaira is quickly approaching the point where he might be able to cut it as an NHL regular, but I really would like to hold him down there longer, his offensive game is coming along nicely and wouldn't want to stunt its development putting him into a 4th line role. If Detroit was developing Khaira instead of us, I'd think he might have a chance at becoming something along the lines of a Justin Abdelkader.

I think sometimes people forget that Khaira's still quite young. Pretty impressive to do what he's doing at 21.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

He'll probably be back after the trade deadline. Khalifa AND Klinkhammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad