Prospect Info: 2015/16 Bakersfield Condors Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Laleggia with 2 more assists last night. 5 points in last 3 GP. Kids hopefully turning into something

Jones with 4 points in 3 games this weekend- 38 points in 50 games thus far

Laleggia has gotten better as the year has gone on. After being temporary being switched to forward, he really picked up his game.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Laleggia has gotten better as the year has gone on. After being temporary being switched to forward, he really picked up his game.

I think its the case of adjusting to AHL as a rookie. The league is much different.

Hopefully he develops his game all around and avoids being the next Brad Hunt

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think its the case of adjusting to AHL as a rookie. The league is much different.

Hopefully he develops his game all around and avoids being the next Brad Hunt

Well defensively I think he might already have the edge on Hunt, he also seems to handle bigger forwards a bit better, I can't say he is as good offensively as Hunt, but you can already see that gap closing inside of his first pro-season so a lot of good signs for Laleggia.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Well defensively I think he might already have the edge on Hunt, he also seems to handle bigger forwards a bit better, I can't say he is as good offensively as Hunt, but you can already see that gap closing inside of his first pro-season so a lot of good signs for Laleggia.

He was consideraly better offensively in the NCAA and was known for being a solid defensive player and not getting pushed around at that level (also racked up some big awards) and thus far looks about on par with Hunt in his 1st season ( I think Laleggia will end up with 35 or so points with the rate hes going).

Laleggia is a wait and see kinda guy. But I dont think his size will limit him as much as it did to Hunt. And who knows about Hunts development in the AHL, maybe he was used way more as an offensive guy and never was forced to learn the defensive side of things. Hopefully with Laleggia its a focus

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Just saw Hunt beat Cal O'Reilly in the AHL puck control/cones race. O'Reilly won this event twice before.... doesn't look like a terrible skater to me.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Sure looks like an awful skater when he's playing in the NHL

He's not awful, he's just average. And unfortunately when you're that small and an average skater with low defensive IQ your gonna struggle.

Joey will face many similar struggles to Hunt. I think Joey is much more competitive, more mobile and shifty and has a higher potential than Hunt. With that said, I think we all can acknowledge he's a long shot. He does have potential to make it in a similar capacity to a guy like Torrey Krug in Boston, but he's a long way from that now.

Only time will tell, but his first pro season is encouraging.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
To me it looks like his skating issues are his explosiveness from a dead stop, his turning speed from a dead stop, and his lateral mobility. When he's in motion and the puck is heading the same direction as him I don't notice any prevalent issues with his skating (not that I'm a skating expert by any means).

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He's not awful, he's just average. And unfortunately when you're that small and an average skater with low defensive IQ your gonna struggle.

Joey will face many similar struggles to Hunt. I think Joey is much more competitive, more mobile and shifty and has a higher potential than Hunt. With that said, I think we all can acknowledge he's a long shot. He does have potential to make it in a similar capacity to a guy like Torrey Krug in Boston, but he's a long way from that now.

Only time will tell, but his first pro season is encouraging.

When it comes to the parts of his skating that are important on the defensive side of things he is awful. I've seen him get blown by numerous times because his backwards skating, explosiveness and lateral movement are awful, and he doesn't have the size or smarts to ever overcome that through physicality and positioning.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011

I'd take LaLeggia offensively over Hunt if he keeps continuing on this development path. Might have just been in my viewings of them though. Nevertheless, might be comparing apples and oranges now since he moved to wing. Think the move is an exceptionally wise one from Oilers brass. He's a high event player that will do way better in a less defensively strenuous position.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I'd take LaLeggia offensively over Hunt if he keeps continuing on this development path. Might have just been in my viewings of them though. Nevertheless, might be comparing apples and oranges now since he moved to wing. Think the move is an exceptionally wise one from Oilers brass. He's a high event player that will do way better in a less defensively strenuous position.

Hes came back to D last 3 games and put up some good point totals. I think the move to forward was because of how many D we had in Bakers. Although it was a smart move because now we know Laleggia could maybe be turned into a depth skilled forward. However id still develop him as a D and if its not working, go to forward

We should have done that with Gernat

McDeathbyCheerios*

To me it looks like his skating issues are his explosiveness from a dead stop, his turning speed from a dead stop, and his lateral mobility. When he's in motion and the puck is heading the same direction as him I don't notice any prevalent issues with his skating (not that I'm a skating expert by any means).
I feel like that is probably the easier if the skating problems to fix, especially with who we have as a skating coach.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Hes came back to D last 3 games and put up some good point totals. I think the move to forward was because of how many D we had in Bakers. Although it was a smart move because now we know Laleggia could maybe be turned into a depth skilled forward. However id still develop him as a D and if its not working, go to forward

We should have done that with Gernat

Very nice to have options

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Laleggia is NO Hunt offensively. In fact he is a better forward than defense. Hunt is THE best PK dman that we have bar none. Laleggia is too small and ineffective at boxing out opponents. Hunt sucks at defense but then again Laleggia is ok.

Gernat is terrible. Musil and osterle are better defensively and Osterle has a better shot than Laleggia.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Laleggia is NO Hunt offensively. In fact he is a better forward than defense. Hunt is THE best PK dman that we have bar none. Laleggia is too small and ineffective at boxing out opponents. Hunt sucks at defense but then again Laleggia is ok.

Gernat is terrible. Musil and osterle are better defensively and Osterle has a better shot than Laleggia.

Hunt is also 27 with 5 years of pro experience. He should be better offensively and stronger

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Oesterle impressed me when watching him. Might have something there in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad