WC: 2015 — Divisions I-II-III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Dislodged net rule
RULE 98 – SCORING A GOAL/GOAL FRAME OFF
i. If a defending player displaces his own goal frame and the opposing
team scores a goal, the goal will be allowed provided:
1. The opponent was in the act of shooting prior to the goal frame
being displaced;
2. The referee determines the puck would have entered the goal net
had the goal frame been in its normal position.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
GB plays such boring hockey I want them promoted just so I wouldn't have to watch this every year. Would so much rather watch Ukraine or Poland play it's not even funny.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
An interesting comparison between the two teams

GB

Allsvenskan experience: 42 GP
AHL experience: 116 GP

Croatia

NHL experience: 276 GP
KHL experience: 441 GP
AHL experience: 1688 GP
DEL experience: 654 GP
NLA experience: 407 GP

Couldn't even win with all those ringers

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Croatia

NHL experience: 276 GP
KHL experience: 441 GP
AHL experience: 1688 GP
DEL experience: 654 GP
NLA experience: 407 GP

Couldn't even win with all those ringers

Half of those ringers have hands of stone though. Someone like Andrew Murray has 221 NHL games (how did that happened is baffling but whatever) but I would much rather have Ben O'Connor and his 160 games in Kazakh league in D1B.

That's kind of similar to what I used to debate 5 years ago or so, how having Matthias Weinhandl would be better for Lithuania than having Dainius Zubrus. That was surely mostly because I was young and stupid but the point kind of remains legit.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
That's what you said last year as well and in the end they were one point short of being promoted.

Yup. And they actually did have Rendulic last year.

Not to mention that saying Croatia has a chance this year because they did well in previous WC is like saying Japan has chance to win D1A because they did so well in the previous one. In both cases there is more to it than meets the eye, isn't there?

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Yup. And they actually did have Rendulic last year.

Not to mention that saying Croatia has a chance this year because they did well in previous WC is like saying Japan has chance to win D1A because they did so well in the previous one. In both cases there is more to it than meets the eye, isn't there?

These KHL guys Croatia has are literally in their own league. Now Croatia has even more of those so they're certainly one of the promotion candidates.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
These KHL guys Croatia has are literally in their own league. Now Croatia has even more of those so they're certainly one of the promotion candidates.

Which KHL guys? How are some former AHL and currently KHL plugs better than someone like Michael Swift, or Mantas Armalis or even Dowd?

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Which KHL guys? How are some former AHL and currently KHL plugs better than someone like Michael Swift, or Mantas Armalis or even Dowd?

Croatia has more of those. Estonia should be no challenge for Croatia and beating Lithuania and NL isn't exactly impossible either. So in case Korea defeats GB, which is likely, it all really depends on the match between Croatia and Korea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad