WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
True but I thought Baptiste was a lock...

Why? Hes regressed in the OHL and he didnt show anything in the two scrims. Scrims are scrims , but they arent "meaningless" or else there would be no point in playing them. Being a natural RW also doesnt mean anything, thats why Subban didnt make it as a RHD, because there are better options. Cant see why he would have been considered a lock. Im sure top 9 wingers of Domi, Duclair, Virtanen, Dal Colle, Fabbri Point are fine.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Chartier, Dickenson, and Gauthier are all centers. I'd imagine at least one, if not two, are cut

Chartier should be cut 5'11 offensive center(96 born) on the fourth line is not optimal. Gauthier/Dickinson should be better fit for that role. Chartier will have a chance to be a big component on next years team.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Chartier should be cut 5'11 offensive center(96 born) on the fourth line is not optimal. Gauthier/Dickinson should be better fit for that role. Chartier will have a chance to be a big component on next years team.

I agree. Would you carry both Gauthier and Dickinson on the roster then?

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
It's Kind of a shame that they would cut Klimchuk at this point considering he scored a goal in both scrimmages.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I'm interested with the defence. Heatherington and Morin are both fighting for a spot on the roster IMO, I think both make the team but one sits as the #7 as either Hicketts or Fleury get the last #6 spot. Fleury has that size and a well balanced game while Hicketts doesn't have that size but he's a smart player, in position and a good all-around player. If I was picking the team, I'd have Morin as the 3rd pairing LD, Hicketts as the RD on the 3rd pairing, if it doesn't go well Heatherington can fill in for Hicketts if his size becomes an issue. Fleury will be hard to cut, I just think we need that DFD in our line-up.

On foward, Dal Colle is a lock. Ritchie was a good bet to make the team but he just keeps taking penalties even now in the CIS games which is ridiculous, that to me shows no sign of him stopping in the actual tournament. Point is looking like he's making the team, playing outstanding. Dickinson should be on the 4th line IMO over Gauthier, he provides better offence and an all-around game.

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Dal Colle-Petan-Virtanen
Fabbri-Chartier-Point
Crouse-Dickinson-Paul
Gauthier

Nurse-Theodore
Morin-Hicketts
Heatherington-Fleury
Bowey

Fucale
Comrie

That's my line-up against Friday, see who's a better fit and get the cuts after the game. McDavid sitting along with Morrissey as they are locks. The next 2 games will be about chemistry.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
So 1 of (Morin, Heatherington, Fleury, Hicketts)

and

2 of (Dal Colle, Crouse, Ritchie, Point, Paul, Chartier, Dickinson, Gauthier)
Thank god they cut Bigras. That guy forgets how to play hockey whenever he puts on a Canada jersey. It's nice to know they're not taking guys based on what they did last year or based on them making the team last year. That means Gauthier is still fighting for a spot.

I'm thinking Hicketts stays as well as Crouse, Point and Dal Colle.

Aceonfire*

Bigras deserved to be cut. He shouldn't have even made the team last year over Nurse and Severson.

His play has been mediocre compared to some of the others. Sanheim is the one I am shocked about.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Apparently Bigras took the cut pretty badly. He was "shocked" and upset. I dont think any of the cuts have been surprising so far.

DanrikCarter

Jan 28, 2009
I'm interested with the defence. Heatherington and Morin are both fighting for a spot on the roster IMO, I think both make the team but one sits as the #7 as either Hicketts or Fleury get the last #6 spot. Fleury has that size and a well balanced game while Hicketts doesn't have that size but he's a smart player, in position and a good all-around player. If I was picking the team, I'd have Morin as the 3rd pairing LD, Hicketts as the RD on the 3rd pairing, if it doesn't go well Heatherington can fill in for Hicketts if his size becomes an issue. Fleury will be hard to cut, I just think we need that DFD in our line-up.

On foward, Dal Colle is a lock. Ritchie was a good bet to make the team but he just keeps taking penalties even now in the CIS games which is ridiculous, that to me shows no sign of him stopping in the actual tournament. Point is looking like he's making the team, playing outstanding. Dickinson should be on the 4th line IMO over Gauthier, he provides better offence and an all-around game.

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Dal Colle-Petan-Virtanen
Fabbri-Chartier-Point
Crouse-Dickinson-Paul
Gauthier

Nurse-Theodore
Morin-Hicketts
Heatherington-Fleury
Bowey

Fucale
Comrie

That's my line-up against Friday, see who's a better fit and get the cuts after the game. McDavid sitting along with Morrissey as they are locks. The next 2 games will be about chemistry.

I agree with this whole post. Well said.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Dal Colle-Petan-Virtanen
Fabbri-Chartier-Point
Crouse-Dickinson-Paul
Gauthier

Nurse-Theodore
Morin-Hicketts
Heatherington-Fleury
Bowey

Fucale
Comrie

Sunday funday, my bad

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Couple of things -- first off I keep hearing this "returning player" Bigras thing, but I dont recall seeing him play for Canada during the medal rounds... oh thats right, cause he sat on the bench for 3 games once Reinhart came back :P

Next, I would cut Ritchie. Despite already cutting a big goal scoring winger in Baptiste, if Ritchie is going to do stupid stuff... cut him. I can live with Canada just getting beat by other team, what ticks me off is when we give up endless penalties

Last, Groulx, if your going to bring Gauthier, please use him in the right role! Fact that Gauthier wasnt used on the PK last year was really confusing

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
Looks like I will once again be cheering against Canada all tournament.
What cuts have been unwarranted? Bigras was a surprise, but that was the right move as there are way better options. Still amazes me how he was picked over Nurse and Severson last year.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
Couple of things -- first off I keep hearing this "returning player" Bigras thing, but I dont recall seeing him play for Canada during the medal rounds... oh thats right, cause he sat on the bench for 3 games once Reinhart came back :P

Next, I would cut Ritchie. Despite already cutting a big goal scoring winger in Baptiste, if Ritchie is going to do stupid stuff... cut him. I can live with Canada just getting beat by other team, what ticks me off is when we give up endless penalties

Last, Groulx, if your going to bring Gauthier, please use him in the right role! Fact that Gauthier wasnt used on the PK last year was really confusing
Yeah, one issue surrounding Ritchie and he proves exactly why he shouldn't be on the team. I hope he gets cut too, penalties at this tournament end up killing teams.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Ritchie is going to make a fool of himself in the tournament, hope he gets cut.

Surprised with the Bigras cut, he must have regressed in Team Canada's eyes.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Knowing what we know now, this is the team I'd go with if I were Groulx:

Fabbri - McDavid - Virtanen
Domi - Reinhart - Duclair
Dal Colle - Petan - Crouse
Paul - Gauthier - Point
Dickinson

Morrissey - Bowey
Nurse - Theodore
Morin - Hicketts
Heatherington

I'd cut Ritchie and Chartier up front, and Fleury on defense. Ritchie lacks the discipline needed in a tournament like this, and Chartier gets caught up in a numbers game at center. I've been pleased with what I've heard about Gauthier so far, let's hope he keeps it up.

Last edited:

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
For those asking, I believe Leland Irving was the last returnee to be cut. He backed up Price in 2007 and was passed over for Mason and Bernier in 2008. Not sure who last returning skater to be cut was however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad