WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanrikCarter

Jan 28, 2009
Have you even watched the last two games or just come in here to say these players because you don't like them. If you have watched the last games I think you may need a new set of eyes or understand hockey a bit more. Bigras has looked great.

Ok another guy says great. Maybe I'm wrong.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Petan should be cut IMO. He's not talented enough to overcome being 5'8 at this level.

He's incredibly talented and was one of our best forwards last year. No way he gets cut.

Great? Really? I think he's looked just Ok against really poor opposition. Hicketts, Heatherington and Morin have all played better than him. You could argue he's been better than Sanheim and Fleury but I think although none of them have been bad, they have been the the worst defencemen.

Yes, great. He has shut down a ton of plays and moved the puck well. His skating allows him to be so effective. He's not going to wow you but he's going to be a big part of the team.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
He's incredibly talented and was one of our best forwards last year.

Neither of these things are true. He was one of the worst players last year while eating up offensive minutes. You're right that he will make the team however, so I guess we'll see how he does this year.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
I'd cut Sanheim, Fleury, Elie, Dickinson and Chartier.

The last defender and forward will be more difficult...

1 of Klimchuk and Paul will be cut IMO. On defense will it be Heatherington?

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago
Another terrific outing for 5-foot-8, 160-pound Brayden Point (TB/Moose Jaw). Best player on the ice for Team CAN for 2nd consecutive day.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
It would be cool if Lazar got loaned, Klimchuk, Virtanen and Gauthier made the team and every Canadian NHL team would be represented.

Van- Virtanen
Edm- Nurse
Cgy- Klimchuk
Wpg- Comrie and Morrissey and Petan
Tor- Gauthier
Ott- Lazar
Mtl- Fucale

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Neither of these things are true. He was one of the worst players last year while eating up offensive minutes. You're right that he will make the team however, so I guess we'll see how he does this year.

Petan was up and down last year. There were times when he wasnt very good. BUT he was very key in games where went down early to the Czechs and Americans. Some timely goals.

Also IMO he was one of the few guys who brought intensity in the semis. Hes a guy I want on my team. Some similarity to Gallagher (not the pest quality, but offense)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Virtanen had a great game. His size and speed is gonna cause problems for opponents

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Some quotes

@TSNBobMcKenzie · 12m 12 minutes ago
I'd say first 7 forward spots on Team CAN spoken for: Domi-Reinhart-Duclair; Fabbri-McDavid-Virtanen; Petan. Gets interesting beyond that.

@TSNBobMcKenzie · 9m 9 minutes ago
I'd say 4 D spots sewn up: Morrissey-Bowey; Nurse-Theodore. Capt Obvious there. Morrissey/Nurse scratched both games. MB/ST played 1 each.

@TSNBobMcKenzie · 4m 4 minutes ago
I don't know if Virtanen would necessarily play with McDavid but Virtanen had two strong outings here, 1 of only 2 natural RS RW here.

@TSNBobMcKenzie · now
Hicketts got dinged up a bit, held out after 1st for precautionary reasons. Has played well. Won't surprise me if he's option for 3rd RD.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
So it looks like Crouse and Point will be making it? Nice, we'll have some guys for next year.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
My predictions:

- Chartier
- Elie
- Heatherington

If there are more:

- Dickinson
- Morin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad