WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Don't know if it was just me , but best part of the third was hearing those two girls gossiping in the background. ''Oh my god, you actually talked with him.'' hahaha

Great coverage by the crew doing the game. Commentator was solid.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Its pretty stupid if they make cuts after two games imo.

They have to make a couple of cuts maybe 2-3. They cant fit every player into the exhibition games. They have to start the "main" players because its the only "real" games before the actual tourney.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
With all the lefty's on the blue line, they'll really need to use the right side dman to pinch in or use him as a one time option in the middle of the ice. Sanheim walks the line beautifully but he didn't look the most comfortable defensively. I wonder who the two dmen will be that play the right side.

If the coaching staff can control Ritchie and he picks the perfect spots to actually be physical he can be a massive force on the bottom lines. But looking at his history he always ends up taking penalties. But he can really create a sense of panic for defenders that other players on this team can't bring on the forecheck.

ZeroPT*

Sanheim
Heatherington

Dickinson
Paul
Ritchie

Would be my cuts. Still need to cut a forward and a d.

I agree with this. The last cut I have is Chartier up front. Not sure on the D though.

Fabbri-McDavid-Virtanen
Dal Colle-Reinhart-Duclair
Domi-Petan-Baptiste
Crouse-Gauthier-Point
Elie/Klimchuk

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
My thoughts:

Point has been great but he is 5'9 and it shows at times. Playing him with 2 the big guys has worked very well. Fabbri has shown flash but was relatively ineffective the last game. He does have chemistry with McDavid. Crouse has been awesome, skated well and can shoot. He should make it. Virtanen hasn't played his best but he does have 6 points in the 2 games. Remi Elie was disappointing for how well he played in the SSS...I think he gets cut. Baptiste has skated well and made some plays, good on PK. Chartier hasn't been quite good enough. Klimchuk has played poorly but did score a goal.

On defense Shea Theodore is not a dynamic player...don't expect Derrick Pouliot out of him. Sanheim is probably the most talented offensive defenseman along with Bowey but neither are the most reliable defensively. Fleury has consistently been great defensively as at the U18s. Morin played okay but might make it if they want a stay-at-home type.

Comrie was very good.

My lineup:

Domi-McDavid-Duclair
Fabbri-Reinhart-Virtanen
Dal Colle-Paul-Baptiste
Crouse-Gauthier-Point
Ritchie

Nurse-Morrissey
Fleury-Bowey
Bigras-Theodore
Sanheim/Morin/Hicketts

Comrie
Fucale

Petan should be cut IMO. He's not talented enough to overcome being 5'8 at this level.

Last edited:

Hankerchief*

I'd cut Bigras, Paul and Elie

Have you even watched the last two games or just come in here to say these players because you don't like them. If you have watched the last games I think you may need a new set of eyes or understand hockey a bit more. Bigras has looked great.

DanrikCarter

Jan 28, 2009
Bigras has been great

Great? Really? I think he's looked just Ok against really poor opposition. Hicketts, Heatherington and Morin have all played better than him. You could argue he's been better than Sanheim and Fleury but I think although none of them have been bad, they have been the the worst defencemen.

Hankerchief*

Bobby Mac says they'll make some cuts tonight. But according to DanrikCarter, Bigras sucks. Cut him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad