WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Why are they wasting the talent of Ritchie and Virtanen by placing an offensive-black hole in Gauthier as their center?

If Gauthier is going to be on the team it should be as the 4th line center who plays limited minutes at even strength and logs major minutes on the PK.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Why are they wasting the talent of Ritchie and Virtanen by placing an offensive-black hole in Gauthier as their center?

If Gauthier is going to be on the team it should be as the 4th line center who plays limited minutes at even strength and logs major minutes on the PK.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 4h4 hours ago Toronto, Ontario
Frederik Gauthier not guaranteed a spot just bc he's a returning player; Coach Groulx wants to see more offence from the Leafs prospect

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 4h4 hours ago Toronto, Ontario
Groulx on Gauthier: "We don’t want him to be only a checker or PK guy. We want him to be a three-zone player."

He's being put in a position to show that he can produce offense. If he can't then I wouldn't be shocked if he gets cut and I like the guy.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Any chance for Nick Paul still? How did he do at the SSS series? Ive seen him play a couple times this year and a lot last year. This guy seems to be the real deal. Great all round player who can really put the puck in the back of the net. I feel like he would be really useful.

I'd say he's got a pretty good bet to make the team.

Fans will automatically place guys like Ritchie, Klimchuk, Dickinson above him because they were drafted in the 1st round, but I don't think that any of those players, as well as other bubble guys like Point, Baptiste, Elie, have been better than Paul this season.

19 goals and 34 points in 27 games is very impressive for a 6'3, 220lbs powerforward that is known for his all-around game, playing for a defensive-minded coach in Stan Butler in North Bay.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I freakin hate Gauthier...hope he ends up as far away from this team as possible. He was horrible last year.

Will be interesting if Virtanen and Ritchie can still produce in spite of him as their center. That line has a ton of size.

Dec 3, 2012
I freakin hate Gauthier...hope he ends up as far away from this team as possible. He was horrible last year.

Will be interesting if Virtanen and Ritchie can still produce in spite of him as their center. That line has a ton of size.

how many times you saw him play this year??

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Closer Look At Team Canada

Hey Guys,

With everybody projecting rosters for the world juniors, we decided to take a closer look at Team Canada and who might end up making the cut. I covered the forwards and defence, while Callum Fraser previewed the goalies. Let us know what you think.

Forwards = http://thehockeywriters.com/canadas-camp-full-of-quality-forwards/

Defence =http://thehockeywriters.com/canadas-defence-to-be-whl-heavy/

Goalies = http://thehockeywriters.com/fucale-vs-comrie-canadas-goaltending-dual/

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I personally would like to go with 3 scoring lines, 1 checking line. I feel like spreading out the scoring talent over all 4 lines makes it a bit thin.

Fabbri - McDavid - Duclair
Domi - Reinhart - Virtanen
Dal Colle - Petan - Ritchie
Paul - Gauthier - Baptiste
Elie

Really, really, want to see Duclair with McDavid.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I don't really think Gauther is better offensively than guys like Paul, Chartier or Dickinson. He's a good skater for his size, kills penalties really well but we need that offence. The PK can come from Reinhart, Baptiste, Dickinson, Point and many others who are relied to do that job on their junior teams.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Team Canada Men ‏@HC_Men 3m3 minutes ago
#TeamCanada on the board only 1:30 in thanks to Nick Ritchie from in close! #WJC2015

Looks like it was Ritchie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad