WJC: 2014 WJC in Sweden. When? and How? | General talk (tickets, hotels, etc)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
Anyone have any luck getting tickets yet? I've been trying to call for the last hour, but it's been busy.
Bought tickets for 4 gamedays earlier, but that was through the website and not the phone since I'm in Sweden. Hopefully you guys also get your tickets.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Purchasing a couple of tickets. What happens if something comes up and I can't attend?

Going to wait until this evening and see if my parents are interested in coming. If they're not then I'll just buy singles. Still some good tickets available. Lots of tickets for games in the Malmo stadium as well.

Starting to think finances might be a problem. May or may not go. Depends and I'd rather save my money for a trip to America/Canada to see hockey.

Last edited:

Mr Leth

Oct 4, 2010
Malmö
Got tickets for all the playoff games at the arena.
Just wish I knew how and when I have to be at work during the WJC.
They really should hand out mandatory vacations for all hockey fans in these occasions!
:wg:

TreeSapLlama

Sep 24, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
From our point of view, the ticket buying couldn't have gone worse. As a North American who had access to a European credit card, buying 2 tickets per credit card per day is just a ****ing joke. Calling their phone line? Busy the entire time we tried.

It looks now like all the good tickets to the Canada games are sold out, so I will probably have to go with one of the tour groups that will be 2x the price.

Really disappointed in everything. Seriously, 2 tickets per game per day, and only European credit cards? It makes me go from wanting to see all the games I can to supporting them as minimally as possible. Just terrible.

Mr Leth

Oct 4, 2010
Malmö
From our point of view, the ticket buying couldn't have gone worse. As a North American who had access to a European credit card, buying 2 tickets per credit card per day is just a ****ing joke. Calling their phone line? Busy the entire time we tried.

It looks now like all the good tickets to the Canada games are sold out, so I will probably have to go with one of the tour groups that will be 2x the price.

Really disappointed in everything. Seriously, 2 tickets per game per day, and only European credit cards? It makes me go from wanting to see all the games I can to supporting them as minimally as possible. Just terrible.

Horrible, just horrible.
I haven't found any info about the callcenters (Ticnets) business hours.
Are they open 24/7 or is it limited so the time zones becomes a problem too...?

albertaref

Feb 7, 2013
Fort McMurray AB
Tickets Booked

So i managed to reserve all my tickets this morning over the phone and only had a 5 minute wait.
Not a huge fan of the money transfer requirement but to pay the price I did for 4 tickets vs 1 ticket in Canada that's a headache I can deal with.

Anyone with ticnet experience and international wire transfer experience know if I should have added an additional amount other than what ticnet as the admin fee for the wire receiving bank fee or is the total amount quoted all I needed to pay.

Also the taxes were listed on the bottom but did not seem to be added to the final price, wondering if they were already built in or the was additional that I should have added as well?

I won't be convinced I'm going till boxing day vs Germany but today felt like Christmas.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So i managed to reserve all my tickets this morning over the phone and only had a 5 minute wait.
Not a huge fan of the money transfer requirement but to pay the price I did for 4 tickets vs 1 ticket in Canada that's a headache I can deal with.

Anyone with ticnet experience and international wire transfer experience know if I should have added an additional amount other than what ticnet as the admin fee for the wire receiving bank fee or is the total amount quoted all I needed to pay.

Also the taxes were listed on the bottom but did not seem to be added to the final price, wondering if they were already built in or the was additional that I should have added as well?

I won't be convinced I'm going till boxing day vs Germany but today felt like Christmas.

Taxes are always included in Sweden.

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site

What number did you call? I tried the one listed on the ticnet.se site (46 77 578 00 00), but got nothing but a busy signal...

Mr Leth

Oct 4, 2010
Malmö

If you have a total amount in SEK then that should be it.
I mean, if I buy something that's listed in CAD then it's my Swedish bank 'headache' to figure out what they'll actually charge me later on in SEK with the exchange fee.
Does that answer your question?

A thing that differs Sweden from Canada is what perry2perry wrote.
Taxes are always included in Sweden.
The list price or asking price is what you'll pay.
No additional surprises at the counter.
Yes the tax will be listed at any receipt you'll get but they are already included in the total amount.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
Malmö is a nice place, Möllan is great square with lots of Bars (with cheap beer). The Downtown area (especially Lilla Torg) is alsp filled with small bars. Lots of places that have alternative music and lots of resturants from all over the world. If you end up in Rosengård you are in the wrong part of town not close to the arena, not close to down town.

Weird how people from Gothenburg paint Malmö as dull, people from Malmö do the same about Gothenburg.

And to all people who are descibing Cristiania (in Copenhagen) as a dump has never been there, its different, but cool, filled with weird bars. Copenhagen is great town overall.

Hey if anyone needs a guide next year, ill show you around.

I've been there but I'm never going to go again. It's a dump where arab gangsters are getting more and more dominant. Just yesterday police had to flee the area again and had to pull their guns when they were followed. Tourists are being attacked often because they are easy victims.

TreeSapLlama

Sep 24, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
Our second attempt at ordering over the phone went much better. The online ordering system is still unbelievably archaic, but we got our tickets so I am much happier now.

warrenwelte

Feb 7, 2011
World juniors malmo

flights, rooms and tickets are now booked, 6 of us heading from Calgary. where is everybody staying ?

Mr Leth

Oct 4, 2010
Malmö
We decided on Malmo. Taking the train across would end up costing at least $50/day. We'll probably just go across to Copenhagen on one of Canada's days off.

Sounds like a healthy plan.
Tourism wise Malmö really doesn't have that much to offer, missing out on Copenhagen would be like going to Lethbridge without ever taking that 'little' sidetrip to Calgary.
(Not that I've ever been to any of those places...yet. Planning on it though.)
Hopefully the city council or whoever's in charge of these things can come up with some special attractions here during the WJC.
At least there'll be a "fan zone" (whatever that means..?) in Baltiska hallen, which is just next door to Malmö Isstadion.
I'm guessing on some of the usual stuff:
Shoot foam pucks at a goalie.
Play some airhockey.
Drink some beer...

If someone has any inside info of this "fan zone" thingy I'd love to hear about it.

jktrigger

Feb 13, 2013
Courtice, On
wjc 2014

Just received our tickets and printed them off. 11 games for $250. CDN Now that's a deal 4 of us leaving Toronto Dec 28th. Watch out Malmö, Canada is on the way. Make sure the beer is cold. Oh yea and cheap.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Just received our tickets and printed them off. 11 games for $250. CDN Now that's a deal 4 of us leaving Toronto Dec 28th. Watch out Malmö, Canada is on the way. Make sure the beer is cold. Oh yea and cheap.

wow. are those are group play games or knockout round games? any choice of games? that sounds like a steal

jktrigger

Feb 13, 2013
Courtice, On
! we got 4 preliminary games, 2 quarterfinals, 1 relegation, 2 semifinals followed by bronze and gold medal games. Canada / USA New years eve Gonna be a blast

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
wow. are those are group play games or knockout round games? any choice of games? that sounds like a steal

The tickets prices are not that expensive. Still some final game tickets available for $50. You can get two preliminary games(that day's games) for under $20.

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Any way I can order tickets online? Sorry if this has been posted already. Me and a buddy are pumped to go!
Can we buy a playoff package, or do tickets need to be purchased for individual games?

Thanks for all your help. See you in Malmo :)

Mr Leth

Oct 4, 2010
Malmö
Any way I can order tickets online? Sorry if this has been posted already. Me and a buddy are pumped to go!
Can we buy a playoff package, or do tickets need to be purchased for individual games?

Thanks for all your help. See you in Malmo :)

Unless you have a European credit card, you'll have to call customer service.
It's been dealt with in this thread already so here's the link.

http://www.ticnet.se/artist/world-j.../24368?language=en-us&tm_link=tm_header_lang2

jktrigger

Feb 13, 2013
Courtice, On
Any recommendations on reasonably priced hotels close to metro line. also i guess Canadian money wont be accepted at restaurants and bars. whats the best type of cash to bring and is it accepted in both Malmo and Copenhagen? This will be our first trip to Europe so I hope you don't mind the questions.

Anders

Jan 25, 2013
Malmö
Any recommendations on reasonably priced hotels close to metro line. also i guess Canadian money wont be accepted at restaurants and bars. whats the best type of cash to bring and is it accepted in both Malmo and Copenhagen? This will be our first trip to Europe so I hope you don't mind the questions.

Living in Malmö I've never stayed at any Copenhagen hotel. But if you like a no-frills high standard hotel, the Cabinn Inn looks good (https://www.cabinn.com/en/inexpensive-hotels-heart-copenhagen) They have four hotels in copenhagen, all close to metro or rail. Twin room for DKK 775/CAD 140 (http://www.google.se/search?q=775+DKK+in+CAD). The one called Metro is close to rail, metro, Sweden and the Fields shopping centre ( http://www.fields.dk).

Regarding currency, Swedish Krona (SEK) and Danish Krona (DKK) works best in respective country. Very touristy places may accept all of Euro/SEK/DKK but probably at horrible rates. So I recommed having both currencies. Mastercard and Visa are widely accepted in Sweden. They are gaining in Denmark as well but not accepted everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad