GDT: 2014 Winter Olympics Part IV, POTENTIAL SPOILERS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That hurts, man.

I have Canada's back vs anyone else in this tourney other than the USA. Especially b/c of Bergy.

You'd rather lose to the Czechs? Don't you want to see North America fight it out knowing we collectively play the superior game? Or you're just feelin the heat from down south a wittle bit too much, huh? :laugh: Last time had to be scary for you, who could blame you?

So'k. I understand. You had our backs where it counted most, Canada. So, I forgive you.

When its USA vs Canada I certainly root for the USA, I grew up in Vermont and my dad is from Arlington and played hockey for North Eastern. He raised us all Bruin Fans. Other half, from MTL... its ok here easy to find a job in my field and cheap cost of living.

Im just a big Krejci fan so I want the Czechs to take down the USA and Canada and Krejci wins the MVP of the tourney. Followed by winning the Conn Smyth in June :)

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
Lets be realistic here. there will be no huge upsets in the quarters. Top 3 seeds easily advance. Russia-Finland could be interesting if Rask is on. US - Canada in the semis, which should be the finals. Russia lucked out with how it has played out. Sweden should not be the 1 seed , probably 3 or 4.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Lets be realistic here. there will be no huge upsets in the quarters. Top 3 seeds easily advance. Russia-Finland could be interesting if Rask is on. US - Canada in the semis, which should be the finals. Russia lucked out with how it has played out. Sweden should not be the 1 seed , probably 3 or 4.

Then why bother to play?

Sure, the odds are that there won't be any upsets. But who knows?

member 96824

If everything works out, the way it should...I wonder what the odds are of me showing up to work Friday morning

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

IMO, I think Russia will meet their match with Finland.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida

that's why games aren't played on paper but played inside tv's.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
all i care about is how things effect the B's. said it before the tourney and i'm sticking to it: If you're a B's fan you're rooting for US gold, and Slovakia and Finland being knocked out asap. So far so good. Good to see our captain coming home and getting some rest. So for tomorrow....Go Gino and Ovi! US winning and sending 46 home would be a nice bonus.

Non tourney comment - a tip of the hat to any websites who have Germany in 1st place in the medal count. when the hell did 3rd place become the equivalent of 1st place?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
all i care about is how things effect the B's. said it before the tourney and i'm sticking to it: If you're a B's fan you're rooting for US gold, and Slovakia and Finland being knocked out asap. So far so good. Good to see our captain coming home and getting some rest. So for tomorrow....Go Gino and Ovi! US winning and sending 46 home would be a nice bonus.

Non tourney comment - a tip of the hat to any websites who have Germany in 1st place in the medal count. when the hell did 3rd place become the equivalent of 1st place?

I'm a Bruins fan, and I'm rooting for Olympic success for Bruins players.
You root your way, and I'll root mine.

member 96824

Tempted to put a picture of Zach Parise tomorrow on facebook, label it "OSHIE TIME!" and see if anyone picks up on it.

member 96824

ku-xlarge-2.jpg

GAME FACE! OSHIE TIME

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I'm a Bruins fan, and I'm rooting for Olympic success for Bruins players.
You root your way, and I'll root mine.

This type of anarchy is the last thing we need. You need to be actively rooting for Russia tomorrow. We all need to stick together on this, otherwise our SC hopes will be dashed.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I don't particularly like Miller, Martin, Orpik, Brown, Kane, Kesler, Pacioretty, Bylsma, and Shero... and I'm at most neutral/indifferent towards Kessel, Quick and JVR. The only guys I really like on Team USA are Backes, Parise, Oshie and maybe Suter. Glad I don't "have" to root for the "front of" that jersey. :laugh:

I don't understand when people say it was a brutal call on Mezaros. Argue the rule as much as you want (I personally hate when that it's a rule), but it's the most blatant and black-and-white call in hockey when you break a guy's stick.

You don't call two crosschecks into the boards from 3 feet by the Czechs and a clear as day interference in the first period, then you call 4 straight penalties on the Slovaks when they're trying to make a comeback, including a semi-dodgy one with a minute to go. That's what I take issue to.

member 96824

Am I the only one that thinks the back of the jersey is much better looking than the front?

469484119.jpg

Yup definitely give me the back.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
As soon as Slovenia comes 2 on 3 or 3 on 4, the Russians cheer. :laugh:

Nice 2-on-1 turned breakaway for Slovenia, some good saves by Lundqvist in the following 15 sec.

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Loui with a chance and a couple good screens in his two last shifts. That line needs to score soon to get going.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Here's a novel idea, TSN/whoever in Sochi decides what images are sent to the various broadcasts: How about not letting the commercials/replays from earlier in the game run on for 10 seconds after the puck is dropped again and a scoring chance has happened?

That probably should've been a 5-min major.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad