Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't get all the John Moore negativity here. The Rangers are getting great bang for the buck out of him. Considering he'll average in the neighborhood of 12-15 minutes a night he's a bargain. He needs to improve some but he's pretty decent right now for a bottom pairing d-man. Good size, skates really well--moves the puck decently and he's still young. His contract makes the bigger contracts more affordable.

All true, but his contract is up again next summer and he'll be arbitration eligible. How much will he get and will he be worth it? If we can replace him with a cheaper option in Allen or Skjei, then Moore might become trade bait.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Really looking forward to seeing this group. More than the last, even though it had Hayes and Kreids in it. Add those two to this lineup and it'd be awesome.

McIlrath, Allen, Duclair, Haggerty, Lindberg. Stemp too.

Agreed. Definitely can't wait to see this group in action.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Duclair-Brassard-Nash
C. Bourque-Miller-Zuccarello
Tarnasky-D. Moore-Haggerty
Hrivik-Lindberg-Stempniak

McDonagh-McIlrath
J. Moore-Girardi
Allen-Klein

Lundqvist
Desjardins

Lundqvist, J. Moore, and Miller back at it.

Duclair with Nash.

McDonagh - McIlrath :amazed:

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/6653/miller-and-lundqvist-back-in-there-as-rangers-set-friday-s-lineup?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tweets&utm_content=twitter_1411666567#.VCRTTz6G2IA

Poor Haggerty, getting put on a line with Tarnasky. Tarnasky's hands definitely aren't used for passing or scoring.:laugh: Hopefully we'll get to see Haggerty's RH one timer on the PP.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The preseasons schedule sucks big time, one game then a whole lot of nothing... Nearly a week until the second game... Sucks!

And yet we get two discuss for a week who will be our defenseman in the press box who'll play only in emergency situations when it's too late to call up Allen.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
And yet we get two discuss for a week who will be our defenseman in the press box who'll play only in emergency situations when it's too late to call up Allen.

Based on one preseason game in which three frontrunners for the #7 spot played... Exciting times lol

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Potential 7th Dman cap hits for this season:

Kampfer, Steven » $550,000
Hunwick, Matt » $600,000
Hughes, Tommy » $608,333
Kostka, Mike » $650,000
McIlrath, Dylan » $703,333
Allen, Conor » $925,000

NO KOSTKA!

Love all the conclusions being drawn after one preseason game. Really fantastic stuff, here :nod:

Looks like we're not even going to make the playoffs this year. :(

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Itll be interesting to see if the rangers have $1 million in Allen in the pressbox night in and out with such a solid top 6.

I really hope Kostka had diarohea, ebola, two fractured fibulas and fever in his first game, because his play made Chris Tamer look like an All-Star... He was that bad.

**** Chris Tamer. ******* broke Richter's skull because he couldn't control his slap shot.

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
Thankfully both Philly games are on NHL network. Living up in Rochester the Rangers on MSG get blacked out because I'm in Sabres territory. Stupid. No preseason on Gamecenter.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Can't believe I have a work function tomorrow night and I am going to miss this game. Guess i'll Tivo it but I won't have the will power to not check the scores every 5 minutes.

Hoping DuClair has a good showing.

Really not sure why Hayes isn't in the lineup again. He should be playing to get more comfortable at this level faster.
edit - nvm, just noticed Miller is the only forward playing again, which he should to get his confidence up and ready for the season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
**** Chris Tamer. ******* broke Richter's skull because he couldn't control his slap shot.

You might save some of this anger for the Rangers head coach at the time Ron Low. Richter had been walloped/dazed by one of his own teammates in the pre game warmup--but Low decided to play him anyway. Then he watched Mike get dinged not just once but twice with long range slapshots--before finally pulling his very obviously concussed goaltender. Whether he was already concussed before the game even began--we'll never know but I suspect he was. I really wouldn't blame Tamer for what happened to Mike Richter.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Out of the line up for tomorrow night, I'm actually really intrigued to see how Hrivik plays. He's got a slim chance to make it, but I'm still rooting for him!

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Out of the line up for tomorrow night, I'm actually really intrigued to see how Hrivik plays. He's got a slim chance to make it, but I'm still rooting for him!

Regardless of what happens this year, unless Hrivik just collapses in Hartford, he should be offered a new two-way deal. He could be our next Dominic Moore, who didn't make the NHL until he was 25 (may have made it at 24 without a lockout, but who knows). Hrivik just turned 23 less than a month ago in late August; Moore's birthday is also in August, so if Hrivik takes another 2 years to make it, he'll be the same age.

I think he has the potential to be a good fourth liner who does everything well. Probably not this year because of the backlog, and his stats may not be great in Hartford because there's a backlog of vets there too, so ice time will be split many ways, but if he continues to work hard and improve he will play in the NHL. Hrivik is already tantalizingly close to NHL-ready, just needs to take one more step.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Regardless of what happens this year, unless Hrivik just collapses in Hartford, he should be offered a new two-way deal. He could be our next Dominic Moore, who didn't make the NHL until he was 25 (may have made it at 24 without a lockout, but who knows). Hrivik just turned 23 less than a month ago in late August; Moore's birthday is also in August, so if Hrivik takes another 2 years to make it, he'll be the same age.

I think he has the potential to be a good fourth liner who does everything well. Probably not this year because of the backlog, and his stats may not be great in Hartford because there's a backlog of vets there too, so ice time will be split many ways, but if he continues to work hard and improve he will play in the NHL. Hrivik is already tantalizingly close to NHL-ready, just needs to take one more step.

Absolutely agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad