Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
I haven't heard of that even being a possibility from anyone yet. Sounds like 2 months is about the worst case scenario barring any very serious complications.

No, the only thing we know is "no timetable" which could mean anything from 2 months to entire season. Hence my original question.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Fractured Fibula with surgery is 4-6 months of recovery time. He is more then likely gone for season.

"More than likely "is a huge overreaction. How common is a surgery after a broken fibula? I don't think that's needed very often, as the fibula isn't the "main" bone.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Fractured Fibula with surgery is 4-6 months of recovery time. He is more then likely gone for season.

There are multiple examples of players missing a few weeks with this same exact injury.

Is there even one example of a player missing an entire NHL season with this?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
No, the only thing we know is "no timetable" which could mean anything from 2 months to entire season. Hence my original question.

It's not as if nobody has ever had this injury before. Look at the usual timetable. It's not the entire season, or even close to it.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
It's not as if nobody has ever had this injury before. Look at the usual timetable. It's not the entire season, or even close to it.

It could be. Unfortunately. Hopefully and probably not, but it still could be. It definitely can take ways longer than some of the people in here are thinking.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Unless his fibula is sticking out of his skin I highly doubt he will be out any more than 2 months.

Bones heal in 6-8 weeks. I bet we see Step a little after Thanksgiving. Far from the end of the world.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

If he indeed needs surgery, then yes, he is more than likely gone for the season. However, no one has yet suggested that surgery is needed, so your statement isn't really correct.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It could be. Unfortunately. Hopefully and probably not, but it still could be. It definitely can take ways longer than some of the people in here are thinking.

Hank could have an AC unit fall on him while he's walking down the street.

Anything could happen. In terms of what is realistic, there is about a 0% chance that Step misses the season.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Hank could have an AC unit fall on him while he's walking down the street.

Anything could happen. In terms of what is realistic, there is about a 0% chance that Step misses the season.

Bad comparison. If Hank would've had an AC actually fall on him and we're waiting on the prognosis, then it's better.

0%? I love your optimism, but I don't share it.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
As if Hayes wasn't getting a good enough look before...A lot of pressure here for the kid, but now is his chance to show he's ready to make the big club.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
As if Hayes wasn't getting a good enough look before...A lot of pressure here for the kid, but now is his chance to show he's ready to make the big club.

I'd be really, really, really uncomfortable with Hayes at C right now. I think he could slot in as a winger, but he needs more pro development if he's going to be effective at center.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I'd be really, really, really uncomfortable with Hayes at C right now. I think he could slot in as a winger, but he needs more pro development if he's going to be effective at center.

I agree. I can definitely see Hayes playing 3rd C with Miller on 1st, keeping Brass at 2nd C. I hate putting all my eggs in Miller's basket, but he's played well, and this could be his chance to prove something.

Hayes has the tools, no doubt, but if not for this injury he's probably playing in the minors.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Anybody know anything more about the rookie game today? What time it's supposed to be happening? If there's a stream anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad