Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: Derek Stepan hard to the ice during conditioning test, helped off clutching left knee/leg. Audibly and visibly in pain.”

Uh oh...

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: Prior to conditioning tests, Derek Stepan had been held off ice for a couple of days due to foot contusion. Team did not skate yesterday.”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: Stepan helped off ice after going down, clutching left leg/knee, during #NYR conditioning test. No contact, simply fell to ice...”

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
“@NYP_Brooksie: Stepan helped off ice after going down, clutching left leg/knee, during #NYR conditioning test. No contact, simply fell to ice...â€

Ah great, a non-contact injury. Those are almost always muscle or ligament strains/tears.

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
ACL or MCL for sure. If he's out, season is lost for sure. Hopefully it's a strain and best case scenario is he is ready opening night.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Someone is going to have to step up. Possibly Hayes/Lindberg? Maybe Lombardi?

Anyways I am not going to panic until we get further details. Stepan is a tough competitor. He came back with a fractured jaw in game 3 against MTL. I know the leg is a lot more serious but lets just wait.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Someone is going to have to step up. Possibly Hayes/Lindberg? Maybe Lombardi?

Anyways I am not going to panic until we get further details. Stepan is a tough competitor. He came back with a fractured jaw in game 3 against MTL. I know the leg is a lot more serious but lets just wait.

If it's short term, I'd like to see Kreider - Hayes - Nash, Hagelin-Miller- MSL, Malone-Brass-Zucc :naughty:

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
The season isn't lost because of Derek Stepan, jeez...
Not necessarily, but don't downplay it. Stepan is our first line center. It's a huge blow, especially when center depth is already questionable.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If it's a serious injury, our middling center depth just turned atrocious.

Derick Brassard #1 center. Wow.

Please just be a temporary thing. This sucks, will be the second straight training camp Stepan doesn't complete in full.

As much as some people love the kids and think this is a video game, Brassard-Miller-Hayes/Lindberg-Moore down the middle is atrocious.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The season isn't lost because of Derek Stepan, jeez...

Losing a 60 point player is a pretty big blow. It would probably mean the Rangers struggling to stay in the hunt instead of aiming for the division lead, while hoping Stepan can come back at the end of the year and give them a boost in time for the playoffs

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
"One man's fate is another man's fortune".

He'll recover in any event. But this is an opportunity for some other folks to step up and show what they have.

It's the perfect scenario to test this teams depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad