Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship*

Where do you guys see Walcott playing this year ? Junior or AHL ?

Personally I think Junior. He was just made captain of the Armada and the Rangers don't like to rush guys like this. Duclair will most likely be heading back to junior as well.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Hey guys....when are first cuts and how many guys are they gonna cut down? For some reason I cant remember, I wanna say after game tonight or tomorow.

My bad, first cuts will be after the rookie game. Will mostly be young prospects I suspect.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Where do you guys see Walcott playing this year ? Junior or AHL ?

I'm almost sure someone connected to the Rangers said Walcott would go back for his OA year.

That and him being named captain, I'd think he goes to juniors.

There's also a big logjam of D in Hartford.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I will say Nash looks a LOT leaner. That looks like 2003-2004 Nash, body-wise.

To me the biggest issue that will affect his production will be a willingness to go into high traffic areas. That was obviously lacking last year and really affected his production. As I and many speculated it WAS due to the concussions, he admitted as such in the Post article he was "uncomfortable" in physical situations.

Going to the net has been a huge part of Nash's past production. It was clear as day last year that he was ripping lots of crappy perimeter shots yet many were reprimanded for calling this out. "His avg shot distance hasn't changed much", "his Corsi was fine" - yet here we have Nash admitting he didn't get to the inside enough last year. I honestly like Corsi but I don't understand the dogmatic approach to all shots being created equal. Quality matters a significant amount.

Hopefully Nash is willing to drive the net and being leaner helps his endurance later in games and in the season.

Yeah, have to agree with the bolded. He definitely looks "less fat" (I always get on him for that myself)... Guy looks like he's ready to play.. that's great.

Also, according to that article, Brooks is saying that he'll be on the left side with Brass and Zucc...

That basically says MSL is going to the top line with Kreider and Stepan

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That would leave hagelin miller and prob Stempniak as the third line

Glass Moore Lombardi is my guess for the 4th line

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I hope Nash comes out and has himself a terrific, injury free season. I'd love to see him reach the potential that most of us see for him. I've been pretty tough on him for sure. The health of these players trumps everything. I wish him well.

Zuccarello Awesome*

I hope Nash comes out and has himself a terrific, injury free season. I'd love to see him reach the potential that most of us see for him. I've been pretty tough on him for sure. The health of these players trumps everything. I wish him well.

Very well said, brother.

Zuccarello Awesome*

I will say Nash looks a LOT leaner. That looks like 2003-2004 Nash, body-wise.

To me the biggest issue that will affect his production will be a willingness to go into high traffic areas. That was obviously lacking last year and really affected his production. As I and many speculated it WAS due to the concussions, he admitted as such in the Post article he was "uncomfortable" in physical situations.

Going to the net has been a huge part of Nash's past production. It was clear as day last year that he was ripping lots of crappy perimeter shots yet many were reprimanded for calling this out. "His avg shot distance hasn't changed much", "his Corsi was fine" - yet here we have Nash admitting he didn't get to the inside enough last year. I honestly like Corsi but I don't understand the dogmatic approach to all shots being created equal. Quality matters a significant amount.

Hopefully Nash is willing to drive the net and being leaner helps his endurance later in games and in the season.

Spot-on.

Outstanding post.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Right, MSL is a rarity. I hope he can push 30 goals and 70 points again for the Rangers this year, that would be huge

I also like how in his summer radio interviews (read transcripts on SNYRangersblog) he said he wants to play more years and the only place he wants to be is NY. If we can have him this year and possibly 2 more years of him playing at a 60+ point level, that would be tremendous.

Smur

Apr 4, 2013
Anyone have news regarding the team that will face Chicago on Friday?

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Anyone have news regarding the team that will face Chicago on Friday?

It'll resemble the blue team from the scrimmage I would imagine:

Rick Nash-Derick Brassard-Anthony Duclair, Chris Bourque-Andrew Yogan-Mats Zuccarello, Nick Tarnasky-Dominic Moore-Ryan Haggerty, Marek Hrivik-Oscar Lindberg-Lee Stempniak, with ever-shifting defense pairs among Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, Conor Allen, Kevin Klein Dylan McIlrath, Matt Hunwick and Tommy Hughes

I'd guess Zamorsky or Bodie will be skating instead of Hunwick since he played on Monday.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
People making our pre-season schedule can't be in connect with the people responsible for the sport side of this franchise. We have our camp diveded into 2 groups, why do we play our 1st game on monday with half the group and the 2nd game on friday with the other half?

Every year our pre-season schedule is just dumb. Either its an insane amount of games or whatever...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Unless you think AV is an idiot, I would expect him to want to get a look at Cedric Desjardins--the only goalie in the organization not named Lundqvist or Talbot who has professional (NHL even!) experience.

Skapski might play in the rookie game.
And why would taking a look at Desjardins automatically preclude him from taking a look at Skapski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad