Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Hayes took Stepan's spot on team A today and Yogan played for team B. I wonder if it will stay that way for tomorrow.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Let's everyone keep in mind that this is mostly an AHL roster. Nobody had any doubts that he could keep up with AHLers, but it remains to be seen if he can play against NHL competition. If he survives late into the preseason, La Duke should get into some games where 80-90% of the opponent's roster is made up of NHLers and the rest are near-ready prospects. That will be a better test for him.

I was more struck with how he played with his linemates, not necessarily how he looked against the other team. He skated quickly and made good passes on the rush and to his teammates, got open for some shots, etc. AV also picked up on that and singled Duclair's play out

Yes, we do need to see him in preseason, but he looked good with Nash and Brassard today and not like a juniors player who was lost while his linemates were executing at a higher level

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Looking at the goals again by the blue team. Haggerty played on a line with D. Moore and Tarnasky. He takes a pass from McIlrath and then sets up Dominic Moore's breakaway for the Blue team's first goal. He also makes a backhand across the ice pass to set up the Blue teams second goal by Brassard. And he scores the Blue teams final 4th goal. Until that goal I thought he'd had kind of a quiet game but a goal and two assists on the Blue teams 4 goals is a really good outing for a rookie.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Looking at the goals again by the blue team. Haggerty played on a line with D. Moore and Tarnasky. He takes a pass from McIlrath and then sets up Dominic Moore's breakaway for the Blue team's first goal. He also makes a backhand across the ice pass to set up the Blue teams second goal by Brassard. And he scores the Blue teams final 4th goal. Until that goal I thought he'd had kind of a quiet game but a goal and two assists on the Blue teams 4 goals is a really good outing for a rookie.

Scorers are quiet by design. Their job isn't to get attention every shift. It's to have the other team forget about you a little, and then you fire the puck in the net because you got extra space by being forgotten.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
Loving what we're seeing from Haggerty; would be dynamite to see him break camp with the team. Can't wait to see him on the PP. Imagine Marty feeding him a la Stamkos with that shot? :nod:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Interesting scrimmage: saw some players that looked a lot better than last year, its early, but still worth noting.

Guys that came into camp in better shape and played with more intensity and hunger:

Miller
Nash
J.Moore

Guys that looked a lot better than I expected:

Kostka
Mueller
Missaesen
Zamorsky
Guys that weren't noticeable (mostly grinders since they weren't cranking their teammates)

Malone
Yogan

Pretty intense scrimmage, looked like Miller and JMoore are really playing with some fire in their belly.

Rangers have some good young players that might be closer to the show than I thought in Haggerty and Zamorsky. Duclair looked like he was comfortable, not unexpected, but he played well, needs to get a little more comfortable in shooting and playing with some more swagger and being a little selfish.

Rangers have legitimate depth on defense with Kostka, Allen and McIlrath. The latter of whom looked very solid next to Mac Truck.

Biggest surprise for me was JMoore who played with some hunger and tenacity.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006

I don't think Haggerty scored. I think that was Hrivik. Haggerty's 39. Hrivik's 46.

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2014/9/21/6779717/new-york-rangers-scrimmage-highlights-goals-GIF

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Given what I've been reading about Glass on this board, it's amusing to hear how highly AV regards him.

Think a guy like AV might understand the things this player can bring than perhaps some of our experts on this board ;-)?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Think they'll mix the rookies with the vets?

i.e.

Kreider - Step - Kristo
Hagelin - Miller - St. Louis
Malone - Lombardi - Fast
Glass - Mueller - Yogan/Group B or C extra

Staal - Mantha
Noreau - Boyle
Hunwick - Kostka
Kampfer

Not sure how they'll work that--seems like a lot more righties than lefties.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Given what I've been reading about Glass on this board, it's amusing to hear how highly AV regards him.

Think a guy like AV might understand the things this player can bring than perhaps some of our experts on this board ;-)?

Short answer, yes he should. But at 1.45 per?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Think they'll mix the rookies with the vets?

i.e.

Kreider - Step - Kristo
Hagelin - Miller - St. Louis
Malone - Lombardi - Fast
Glass - Mueller - Yogan/Group B or C extra

Staal - Mantha
Noreau - Boyle
Hunwick - Kostka
Kampfer

Not sure how they'll work that--seems like a lot more righties than lefties.

Likely mix but I'm sure stepan rests up

SupersonicMonkey*

Hrivik scored on the penalty shot. Pretty sure Haggerty scored the last goal, deflected a hard cross ice pass from McDonagh in. GIF isn't on that site.

You are correct.

Hrivik was awarded a "penalty shot" (they were odd penalty shots, head start breakaway things) when John Moore attacked him.

Haggerty scored on a redirection.

Last edited by a moderator:

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
He's still been practicing, the training staff held him out of the scrimmage as a precaution. I don't know if they'll hold him out for a couple preseason games as well, but it really doesn't sound all that serious.

The word "contusion" doesn't sound all that great to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team is hiding a broken foot.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Forwards: Jesper Fast, Tanner Glass, JT Miller, Carl Hagelin, Chris Kreider, Danny Kristo, Matthew Lombardi, Ryan Malone, Chris Mueller, Marty St. Louis and Derek Stepan/Andrew Yogan*.

Defense: Dan Boyle, Marc Staal, Steven Kampfer, Michael Kostka, Ryan Mantha, Samuel Noreau, Petr Zamorsky, Matt Hunwick

Goalies: Henrik Lundqvist, Mackenzie Skapski/Jason Missiaen

http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...rs-playing-tomorrow-night-against-the-devils/

Zamorsky wont play according to AV.

AV also said that some Swedish dude would play in net, he didn't know the name of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad