Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
All I keep hearing is the kids are doing well. I expect JT to do what he's been doing.

after that Hayes, Haggerty, Kristo, Hrvik, R.Bourque, Lindberg , Fast.............gotta think one of these kids is gonna bump Malone out unless he does something moving forward.

Lombardi is fast. Works well for this team. I think he's going to make it for sure

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
He crushed it last year (until his head got crushed). To be honest I might expect a let down year for him...but I'm perhaps pessimistic. I think his main goal is getting stronger and working on details this year, I won't cry if he doesn't completely dominate the league

Good take. Can't complain about his production last year. In his interview he talked about the adjustment of playing with bigger players...so yeah. I'm sure the Rangers will have a list for him;-)

Very exciting prospect for sure. Amazing given he draft position, but maybe not as the Rangers seem to know how to get quality later in the draft.

BarbaraAlphanse

Loose take aways from today:

- Miller really looks ready to make the permanent jump from AHL to NHL.
- Duclair looks like he has the potential to be a true difference maker on this team. He works well w/ Nash.
- Crazy to think the Buchnevich is regarded as being a better prospect than Duke, even after Duke's year last year. We have a pair of really promising LW's in the wings.
- Hayes, Kristo, and Lindberg looked OK today.
- Malone did not look to have much in the tank today.
- Lombardi was flying. I think he could be a great asset for this team this year. Elephant in the bag is whether he can stay healthy. Relying on him for any type of important role would be reckless.
- Stempniak didn't make an impression on me, at all.
- McIlrath continues to improve every time I see him. I don't know if he's ready to assume a top 6 position, yet, but he's definitely getting there.
- Still like Allen more than Moore.
- Matt Bodie intrigues me.
- Loving how fast and physical Nash looked today.

BarbaraAlphanse

Ryan Bourque plays one way: 100% all out.

If I had to guess the break downs for which players are looking over their shoulders all year:

Miller @ 2/3c (starting) - Hayes (waiting in the wings if he falters)
Lombardi @ 4RW (starting) - Lindberg
Stempniak @ 3RW (starting) - Kristo
Glass @ 4LW - Malone, Bourque Bros, Mueller

J. Moore - Kostka, Allen

AHB*

All I keep hearing is the kids are doing well. I expect JT to do what he's been doing.

after that Hayes, Haggerty, Kristo, Hrvik, R.Bourque, Lindberg , Fast.............gotta think one of these kids is gonna bump Malone out unless he does something moving forward.

Lombardi is fast. Works well for this team. I think he's going to make it for sure

You usually hear this in the pre-season since the vets are expected to do what they do. They're also not going all out since they're trying to stay healthy and get into game shape. The kids are fighting for recognition and roster spots, they're mostly giving it their all. It's just different scenarios and not really surprising. R. Bourque and C. Allen might throw their bodies around a lot, but the surefire starters aren't going to do that.

Ryan Bourque plays one way: 100% all out.

He does. I really hope he earns a spot on the team. I think he's going to be a good, bottom line player and could be a fantastic replacement for DD in AV's up tempo offense.

SupersonicMonkey*

How much more of a push can he get? He has been nothing but coddled so far by the Rangers organization and the players. They come out with a blurb or an article at least once per week selling him to the fans... Then he comes out in this scrimmage, going head-to-head against his competition for a roster spot, and basically just stood there on the ice dragging Lombardi and St. Louis down for half the game until Lombardi and St. Louis found another gear to make up for it. He is awful. And the experiment needs to end.

Miller is 100% ready.

Hayes, Duclair, Lindberg, Haggerty, Fast, Kristo, and even Hrivik are pushing for that spot.

Lombardi was flying. He was good defensively and contributed offensively. Exactly what to expect from him. He can play in any situation, take faceoffs, and play well at both ends of the rink.

Haggerty was "quiet" but still scored and assisted.

Lindberg looks like he is going to push hard for a spot.

Tanner Glass can even contribute in some capacity.

Mueller was flying.

The youth is promising. Poor system my culo. Rangers have some really good young players.

Duclair looks really good.

McIlrath looked calm and positionally really good.

Allen was solid. Turned the puck over but recoverd on the same play.

John Moore was amped up and physical.

Bourque has a motor that doesn't stop.

Some combos that looked good:

Miller-Hagelin
Kreider-Hayes
Nash-Duclair

Good signs all around.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 1m

Group A playing tomorrow night for #NYR: Assume, then, that Henrik Lundqvist starts.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Missiaen played surprisingly well.

Liked how both Bodie and Zamorsky skate and move the puck. The Hayes line were really good the first two periods and kind of went quiet in the third. Still Kevin's size, skating and puck skills make for a really good package. Mueller and Glass both looked pretty decent.

Dan Boyle looks really, really smooth. John Moore--an aggressive and physical game. He looked good too. I liked how McIlrath played. Safe plays--handled and moved the puck well enough. Didn't force anything. If he can do that in the preseason he just might push someone for a job.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I thought Cerny's take on McIlrath was good. It's clear the Rangers are going to be plenty patient from what he said.

SupersonicMonkey*

You usually hear this in the pre-season since the vets are expected to do what they do. They're also not going all out since they're trying to stay healthy and get into game shape. The kids are fighting for recognition and roster spots, they're mostly giving it their all. It's just different scenarios and not really surprising. R. Bourque and C. Allen might throw their bodies around a lot, but the surefire starters aren't going to do that.

He does. I really hope he earns a spot on the team. I think he's going to be a good, bottom line player and could be a fantastic replacement for DD in AV's up tempo offense.

Nash was flying. Looks like he has a chip on his shoulder, something to prove. Good sign.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Sounds pretty good, overall.

Moore tussled with Brass, though? Pretty sure it's all in good fun, but just in case--C'mon guy, it's training camp. Don't need anyone getting hurt.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Nash was flying. Looks like he has a chip on his shoulder, something to prove. Good sign.

Love hearing this... Wish I had watched the scrimmage. hope there are some highlights

Also, is Stepan OK? Got some notification on my phone about a bruise on his foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad