Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupersonicMonkey*

Hard to see details from this angle. Nash has shown some pretty good chances and moves, Hagelin and Kreider's speed is very evident, and Duclair has also stood out ot me with his speed

Brassard also standing out though he's missing some chances as well

Duclair hasn't looked out of place. He may not make it, but impressive that he doesn't look lost out there.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Duclair hasn't looked out of place. He may not make it, but impressive that he doesn't look lost out there.

Yeah his moving the puck offensively has been good and he has the speed to keep up. Hope we get a look at him in a preseason game

SupersonicMonkey*

A certain line got pinned again. Another long shift because of icing.

SupersonicMonkey*

Yeah his moving the puck offensively has been good and he has the speed to keep up. Hope we get a look at him in a preseason game

Agree. Me too, i'd love to see him play tomorrow night. Is he in that group?

SupersonicMonkey*

St. Louis, Lombardi, and Zamorky hard work to keep it in deep.

SupersonicMonkey*

Dare I say it...other than Miller, Duclair has looked the best of the rookie forwards.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Dare I say it...other than Miller, Duclair has looked the best of the rookie forwards.

Duclair is using his speed to his advantage at this level too, which is awsome to see.

However, its so hard to compare Duclair's play at the wing with Brass and Nash to what Hayes, Lindberg, Fast, Kristo and Haggerty is doing.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
After watching this I kinda hope Duclair can force his way into the lineup. I had hoped for Hayes to grab the Brass-Zucc wing spot and push Stemp to the 4th line, but Duclair is making a case for himself here. I thought he would need another year in juniors, but he looks pretty good. I know its just a scrimmage but its encouraging

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
You can never say what will happen but the Rangers generally like to bring guys along slowly. Duclair likely goes back to junior to work on some things and just crush it.

SupersonicMonkey*

After watching this I kinda hope Duclair can force his way into the lineup. I had hoped for Hayes to grab the Brass-Zucc wing spot and push Stemp to the 4th line, but Duclair is making a case for himself here. I thought he would need another year in juniors, but he looks pretty good. I know its just a scrimmage but its encouraging

At the start of the summer i was hoping for Duclair, but then got convinced by others that he wouldn't be ready...he doesn't look far off. Its just a scrimmage, but these are mostly NHL players, a lot of them just played in the Stanley Cup Final.

I hope he grabs that spot. Kid can fly and has high skill.

Hayes, Haggerty, Lindberg have looked good too.

Fast is a calm player, but, i wish he would show some more of that offensive skill.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
I'd rather Duclair go back to the Q, unless he's just too good he needs to be on the team.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Been watching Hayes and McIlrath.

McIlrath's had good positioning and he's handled the puck pretty well--hasn't forced any plays. Playing with McDonagh doesn't hurt--except when Ryan bats one into his own net.

Hayes moving the puck well to his line mates. Great size. Seems to be a good fit with Kreider.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
again I can't see ****, what number is Hayes and Lindberg?

This is what Ola reported :

I got these lines so far, could be some misstakes in there..

Blue:

Hrivik 46-Lindberg 48-Stempniak 12
Nash 61-Brass 16-Duclair 63
Bourque 71-Yogan 49-Zuke 36
Haggerty 39-Moore 28-Tarnasky 43

White
Kreider 20-Hayes 59-Kristo 29
Malone 24-Lombardi 45-MSL 26
Hagelin 61-Miller 10-R Bourque 25
Glass 15-Mueller 86-91 Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.