Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
ACL or MCL for sure. If he's out, season is lost for sure. Hopefully it's a strain and best case scenario is he is ready opening night.

How on earth can you say what it is for sure? It's pretty hard to suffer a major injury like that just skating without contact.

Vidic15*

Reading the reactions by some people on Stepan's undisclosed injury makes me wonder how these people deal with their own lives. I'm guessing with lots of Prozac and Xanax.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
If it's a fractured fibula it should hopefully not be too bad. He could be back in a month or so.

Missing camp again is a shame, though.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
So, not to interrupt the chicken little party, but is there or is there not a rookie game today?

yes i believe the rookie game is today - at Devils? -
and then supposedly the 'group C' cuts will be made,
players returning to junior,
or reporting to hartford where players may be reporting tomorrow

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Trading for thornton would be a terrible, terrible idea. With step healthy, this team will have great, great depth. Don't blow that because of an injury. People are going to get hurt eventually, it's pro hockey.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Well, Stepan didnt show up for 2 months last season either after holding out. Someone will have to step up. Maybe a silver lining here.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
"One man's fate is another man's fortune".

He'll recover in any event. But this is an opportunity for some other folks to step up and show what they have.

It's the perfect scenario to test this teams depth.

Yeah, I understand you are the glass is always half full guy, but really ? Perfect scenario ?

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
This will either turn very good or very very bad. Worst thing that could happen was an injury with no timetable, on our 1c, on an already very thin C-depth :| A trade for Thornton could mess us up bad, but I could see the move going through because of desperation.

But on the bright side, two of Lindberg, Hayes and Miller makes it. But yeah, cup? Nah.

Championship*

This will either turn very good or very very bad. Worst thing that could happen was an injury with no timetable, on our 1c, on an already very thin C-depth :| A trade for Thornton could mess us up bad, but I could see the move going through because of desperation.

But on the bright side, two of Lindberg, Hayes and Miller makes it. But yeah, cup? Nah.

Thornton isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I wouldn't worry about that.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Our strength was never our center depth, so in one way this is really extenuating our biggest weakness.

On the other side of things, I trust our other strengths to keep us above .500. Henrik has seemed raring to go, not bogged down by contract talks, Nash looks hungry, MSL, Zucc, Kredier looks like he's about to breakout. Hagelin has been flying. And our defense should be sound too.

I think this could amount to a good opportunity for younger guys to get extended looks, experience.

This isn't a team that folds under adversity.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Reading the reactions by some people on Stepan's undisclosed injury makes me wonder how these people deal with their own lives. I'm guessing with lots of Prozac and Xanax.

Are you suggesting personal lives are more important than the Rangers? Do you even think before you write?

Stepanstones*

Fractured Fibula with surgery is 4-6 months of recovery time. He is more then likely gone for season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad