OT: 2014 Ottawa concerts & festivals thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evil Crow

Jul 18, 2010
As crazy as it seems (as they don't appear to be touring) the YYY's make sense.

Adventure Club makes sense, but not as much and they just headlined the EDM stage last year.

I'm loving the rumours so far. Fairly diverse, more than a few internationally relevant acts.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So let's summarize the quasi-announced line-up so far, based on consensus of clues:

Lady Antebellum
Queens of the Stone Age
Zedd
The Killers
Sly and the Family Stone
Foreigner (probably with Styx)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs and/or Adventure Club
Collective Soul
Drive-By Truckers
Violent Femmes

I'm still hoping for some current alt-rock acts to come through this year, but that's not a terrible line-up so far.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
So let's summarize the quasi-announced line-up so far, based on consensus of clues:

Lady Antebellum
Queens of the Stone Age
Zedd
The Killers
Sly and the Family Stone
Collective Soul
Drive-By Truckers
Violent Femmes

I'm still hoping for some current alt-rock acts to come through this year, but that's not a terrible line-up so far.

How did you figure out Zedd? I sure hope you're right

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
How did you figure out Zedd? I sure hope you're right

That would be the green car with the number 26 plastered all over it. "Z" or "Zed" is the 26th letter of the alphabet.

Once we saw more of the clues, it was clear that these weren't exactly cryptic. Going with the simplest answer seems like the way to go.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
That would be the green car with the number 26 plastered all over it. "Z" or "Zed" is the 26th letter of the alphabet.

Once we saw more of the clues, it was clear that these weren't exactly cryptic. Going with the simplest answer seems like the way to go.

Ahhh that makes sense! Hope you're right.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Lady Antebellum
Queens of the Stone Age
Zedd
The Killers
Sly and the Family Stone
Collective Soul
Drive-By Truckers
Violent Femmes

Foreigner with Styx may be worth checking out. But is it Styx with Lawrence Gowen or without? hmmm.....

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

Lady Antebellum
Queens of the Stone Age
Zedd
The Killers
Sly and the Family Stone
Collective Soul
Drive-By Truckers
Violent Femmes

As per usual, that's pretty all over the place and disappointing. His strategy for the last few years of the festival has been all over the place. When you consider it gets gifted 350k in tax dollars, it's fairly disappointing.

That being said, based on some of the tour schedules out there, looks like some of the undercards could be decent.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Foreigner with Styx may be worth checking out. But is it Styx with Lawrence Gowen or without? hmmm.....

It's Foreigner without Lou Gramm and Styx without Dennis DeYoung. Both guys left forever ago. I saw Lou Gramm at the Navan Fair last year and it was basically a Foreigner show and quite good.

I'm pretty sure Gowan is full time with Styx these days. I bet they add a couple of Canadian contemporaries with those two on that day. One of any of these -> Loverboy, Honeymoon Suite, Glass Tiger, Haywire, Platinum Blonde, Lee Aaron, etc...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's Foreigner without Lou Gramm and Styx without Dennis DeYoung. Both guys left forever ago. I saw Lou Gramm at the Navan Fair last year and it was basically a Foreigner show and quite good.

I'm pretty sure Gowan is full time with Styx these days. I bet they add a couple of Canadian contemporaries with those two on that day. One of any of these -> Loverboy, Honeymoon Suite, Glass Tiger, Haywire, Platinum Blonde, Lee Aaron, etc...

Good to know. Thanks for the info. (Man, I am so out of touch with the music scene these days.)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Violent Femmes!!! I them missed the one time they had a free concert at Lansdowne 10-15 years ago. Just made it for the last couple of songs, and I thought I'd never see them again.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Looks like this might be the first year I don't go to a single show. The only band I'm even remotely interested in seeing would be the violent femmes and moreso if it was 15 years ago

That is truly awful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad