OT: 2014 Ottawa concerts & festivals thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I like Matt Andersen and Vintage Trouble, who opened for The Who and got a standing ovation. When was the last time that happened?

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Yes, no Beck and Outkast = :pout:

Excited to see Childish Gambino. Donald Glover just seems like a really cool guy

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Haha. Makes me laugh every time. If people haven't figured out that it's a brand name by now, they never will.

Overall there's acts for everyone in this year's Bluesfest.

Don't care, I'll say it every year!

I like the blues!!

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i know more names than Osheaga.
i like what ottawas been doing. (dont know why people complain about the name. what does it change?)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
i know more names than Osheaga.
i like what ottawas been doing. (dont know why people complain about the name. what does it change?)

The Ottawa Bluesfest is in the top 15 of festivals in the world in terms of acts it attracts (last I checked which was a while back)

It's one of the cities best and most succesful events ever

I'm proud of it even though I haven't been to it since 2006 and don't plan to anytime soon

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Escapade announced the rest of their lineup tonight. Looking forward to a great weekend. Here it is:

MAIN STAGE
★ Eric Prydz ★ Kaskade ★

★ Ariyan ★ Carnage ★ Chuckie ★ DANNIC ★ Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike ★ Dzeko and Torres ★ Fedde Le Grand ★ MAKJ ★ Mister Parker ★ NERVO ★ Tommy Trash ★ Wolf pack ★

TECH FUSION TENT (Tech Stage)
★ Danny Tenaglia DJ ★

★ Etienne Ozborne/ Dj/ Producer ★ Uppercut ★ Mark Knight ★ Nicole Moudaber ★ Pleasurekraft ★ Guy J

#GOLDRUSH ARENA HOSTED BY BEN GOLD (Trance stage)
★SPECIAL GUEST★

★ Beat Service ★ Ben Gold ★ Landry ★ Mark Sixma / M6 ★ Raneem ★ Rob Naylor ★ Orjan Nilsen Official Fanpage

TEMPLE OF BASS (Bass Stage)
★ ZEDS DEAD ★

★ Alvin Risk ★ Grandtheft ★ GRiZ ★ Noisia ★ So Durand B2B Foster + Partners Thugli ★ Zomboy

THE DEEP END
★ Lee Foss ft Anabel Englund ★

★ catz n dogz ★ Justin Martin Music Page ★ TBA ★ The Martinez Brothers ★ Ryan Labelle

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
Hope Volleyball

Matthew Good
Mad Anthony
Finding Chuck
The Glorious Sons
The Cardboard Clowns
Precise Kenny With Blakdemin

Last edited:

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Hope Volleyball

Matthew Good
Mad Anthony
Finding Chucky
The Glorious Sons
The Cardboard Clowns
Precise Kenny With Blakdemin
Just a quick correction, I think the band is actually "Finding Chuck".

They're a local band from the Barrhaven area I believe. I love them. They're going to do well one day. ****, they're doing well now. I know a couple of them, and all of them are really nice guys.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
Its going to be interesting to see how much money Harper spends on Canada Day this year i hope thye increase the budget a bit and bring in some major acts.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
The Ottawa Bluesfest is in the top 15 of festivals in the world in terms of acts it attracts (last I checked which was a while back)

It's one of the cities best and most succesful events ever

I'm proud of it even though I haven't been to it since 2006 and don't plan to anytime soon

Likewise.
They should change the name really.
Not much blues to speak of.
Just money making for Mr Monihan riding the coat-tails of the "volunteers"

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
Likewise.

Its the brand name your not going to change that as for the volunteers don't forget they get lots of goodies.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
Likewise.

Bluesfest is a non-profit festival. Monahan easily makes 6-figures, but he's likely not pulling down as much as you think he is. His salary must be approved by the Board of Directors and the Bluesfest is annually assessed for federal and provincial grants.

And BF isn't a huge moneymaker, especially considering the cost of passes and day tickets.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad