2014 Memorial Cup Location

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Percyma

Oct 30, 2011
They will lose their OAs including Aleardi, and possibly the Russian. Besides Rychel, and Vail, I dont see any other player on the team progressing. They have a core of 94s that should help with maturity and experience.

Unless Rychel brings in some key players, it is always difficult to win in the West.

You don’t see a defence corps of the likes of Koekkoek, Sieloff, Murphy, Ebert, Sanvido and Bateman being a solid foundation for next year’s Spitfire team? Graeme Brown looked solid in his handful of games on the Windsor blueline as well.

Vail and Rychel, as you suggest, will be offensive sparkplugs, or at least Windsor needs them to be.

Remy Giftopoulous alone will provide more offence than all of Windsor’s overagers last season – Aleardi included. Emerson Clark, for my money, was one of the worst overagers in Spitfires franchise history. If Warren Rychel can pick up two other dandy overagers, that will help the team significantly too.

Josh Ho-Sang should be an improved offensive weapon with one season of OHL hockey under his belt.

Two first round import players - likely forwards – should provide instant offence in their rookie campaigns.

All in all, while the Spitfires aren’t about to battle the Knights for Western Conference supremacy, next season will be an improvement over this past season in Windsor. Then again, it shouldn't be too hard to improve on last season with the Spitfires. :sarcasm:

Patrick4444

Jan 25, 2013
Barrie ON
Has anyone heard anything about how the presentations went?

Just the stuff you might expect to hear after the presentations. All 3 teams have been quoted as saying they believe there bid is the best, and David Branch said "All 3 OHL clubs did a professional, thorough presentation showcasing community, demonstrating passion for this event". I did hear that Barrie is planning on closing the streets around the BMC for a week long Mem Cup festival if they get it.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Rumors starting to trickle out about a decision. Nothing I would want to confirm other than I
Heard London didn't garauntee the most $ and may have been the lowest.
Garaunteed $ and potential $ are 2 different things thou.
Obviously ill be pumped if London gets it, but won't be bothered at all if it goes elsewhere.
Hoping for a double dose of good news thou, one tonight and one in the next 48hrs or so :)

PITTNERIE

May 7, 2013
Western Pennsylvania
I head on Junior Hockey Radio that they want a $2.5 million guarantee of profit. Of that I would only imagine that only a handful of arena's and areas can provide that for the Memorial Cup. I can only see the bigger clubs getting the bid. Such as London, Kitchener, Ottawa, and Windsor. That said it leaves out 16 teams as a part of hosting the memorial cup.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not really.
Garaunteed money is just that, a for sure. Teams often get the city, sponsors or the team to ensure a min profit. Out of their own pockets if need be. It's independent from the tic sales and tv money.
There is a min your correct, but the ceiling is as high as someone wants to make it. London got no money gaurantees from our city, its all on them, unlike last time( unles I'm mistaken) they could still hand a bigger check over to the league thou depending on ticket package pricing, event monies( tents, bigscreens ect...)
The total revenue after the tourney is calculated and the have a formula to share the wealth. But it must meet the min and I heard its set where you suggest 2.5

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Hunters/London profit millions a year though - I don't think any other franchise can make that claim.

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
Tough loss tonight. Hopefully we don't get the double backdoor tomorrow morning.

One thing's for sure, with all the injuries and suspensions, the Colts young guys proved they'll be able to compete next season. Were we really having a conversation about Koekkoek v. Ekblad a month ago?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Tough loss tonight. Hopefully we don't get the double backdoor tomorrow morning.

One thing's for sure, with all the injuries and suspensions, the Colts young guys proved they'll be able to compete next season. Were we really having a conversation about Koekkoek v. Ekblad a month ago?

Well maybe you can watch Koekkoek in the Memorial Cup next year. :)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

The "other" Colts really did step up and played a real solid game. They were solid. Ned was great also, bouncing back from a couple tough games.

Memorial Cup bid.
Well see. Wish I could say more.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This is going to Barrie now. I have no doubt about it.

#1: Knights are coming off the euphoria of a championship. They won't be too rattled if they don't get it, so this is the perfect time to announce it.
#2: Colts young guns did a good job against the Knights. Shows they might be able to compete and be a good host team.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The decision was already made. So #1 wouldn't matter as the O wouldn't have known that it wouldn't hurt London's feelings cause they won.
The committee knew Barrie's youngins were good so the fact they were so good tonight also didnt factor Into decision.

But both would justify it to OHL fans if Barrie gets it.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
This is going to Barrie now. I have no doubt about it.

#1: Knights are coming off the euphoria of a championship. They won't be too rattled if they don't get it, so this is the perfect time to announce it.
#2: Colts young guns did a good job against the Knights. Shows they might be able to compete and be a good host team.

I think you're forgetting about the other team that bid.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yes, of course I'm just joking. But I don't like their chances after the announcement was delayed for the finals.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Yes, of course I'm just joking. But I don't like their chances after the announcement was delayed for the finals.

Well in 2010 Barrie/Windsor/Mississauga all were bidding. They delayed the announcement and it went to Mississauga. The difference is Windsor swept Barrie so the announcement was pretty quick.

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
Well in 2010 Barrie/Windsor/Mississauga all were bidding. They delayed the announcement and it went to Mississauga. The difference is Windsor swept Barrie so the announcement was pretty quick.

Oh, and the snide remarks begin. There are other differences too. Mississauga didn't finish 4th from last in the league with few prospects for a better future or get sanctioned by the league for cheating less than a year prior. :nod:

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
What snide remarks?

Is it a knock on the Colts or the Knights or both? Perhaps just a statement of fact? If that's the case apologies, but I'm then I'm not sure how the statement is germane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad