Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not every guy that plays on an ATO gets inserted directly into the lineup. Especially in the the playoffs.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sanheim finally ends his goal scoring drought with a nice wrister through a maze of bodies. Should have had another. He's been creating chances all night. Goal and an assist through 2 periods.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Sanheim and Morin are the two I am most excited about. I think we found two players who people will wonder why they fell to their draft slot when all is said and done

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Sanheim finally ends his goal scoring drought with a nice wrister through a maze of bodies. Should have had another. He's been creating chances all night. Goal and an assist through 2 periods.
Hell yeah :yo:
Sanheim and Morin are the two I am most excited about. I think we found two players who people will wonder why they fell to their draft slot when all is said and done

+ Gostisbehere IMO. Got tickets to a Phantoms vs Penguins game in late March so hopefully Ghost is back in the swing of things. Really want to see him live.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He must have seen this tweet today:

:laugh:

He's money with the man advantage. Still don't know why they don't let him play with the big boys but whatever. He gets thrown out for the last 30 of the PP and puts the puck in the net. If he's out on a 4v3 or 5v3 better put a goal on the board. It's almost automatic when he's out there. Even 4v4 he's dangerous.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He must have seen this tweet today:

:laugh:

He's money with the man advantage. Still don't know why they don't let him play with the big boys but whatever. He gets thrown out for the last 30 of the PP and puts the puck in the net. If he's out on a 4v3 or 5v3 better put a goal on the board. It's almost automatic when he's out there. Even 4v4 he's dangerous.

I have no idea who that is.... should I?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Could have had 4 or 5 points last night. That's how involved he was. PG's goalie was standing on his head.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
It's kind of shocking that at this point after the draft someone could actually choose Sanheim as the most likely bust of the draft. There's been pretty much nothing but positivity surrounding his development.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
It's kind of shocking that at this point after the draft someone could actually choose Sanheim as the most likely bust of the draft. There's been pretty much nothing but positivity surrounding his development.

Pretty much this. Just get HS and watch the games yourself.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Travis Sanheim on his twitter before he was drafted by philly called Brayden Schenn a lowed skilled player haha!

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Sanheim still believes what he said and soon he'll pass the puck to Schenn so he can **** it up and Sanheim will go to the bench rolling his eyes sayin what a joke LOL.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given his age, Sanheim would be a solid prospect if he was scoring a PPG as a forward, as a defenseman, good god. Starting to look like he's not going to spend another season in junior hockey, pass jail, collect $500K and report directly to Philly.

Hopefully Ghost can get a month on ice and they make the playoffs and he gets another 20 games to prepare to fight for a job next year.

Wouldn't shock me if Morin, Sanheim, Ghost and Hagg all made the team next year. I mean could they be much worse than what they're throwing out there on defense right now?

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Given his age, Sanheim would be a solid prospect if he was scoring a PPG as a forward, as a defenseman, good god. Starting to look like he's not going to spend another season in junior hockey, pass jail, collect $500K and report directly to Philly.

Hopefully Ghost can get a month on ice and they make the playoffs and he gets another 20 games to prepare to fight for a job next year.

Wouldn't shock me if Morin, Sanheim, Ghost and Hagg all made the team next year. I mean could they be much worse than what they're throwing out there on defense right now?

They all will be an upgrade on our D, that's for sure.

Nevertheless, I'd like to see Morin, Hägg and Sanheim (if not sent back) start the season on the Phantoms. In Sanheims case, I hope he puts on some more muscle in the summer. 10-15 pounds more so he becomes 200 ish. At 6'3", listed as 183 pounds, he is kinda skinny.

I really believe Ghost will start the season on the Flyers D.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

I can almost guarantee that Hextall sends Sanheim back to the WHL next year.

1. He still have some things he needs to work on before making the jump to professional hockey. Strength is a big one, but he needs to work on his play in his own zone as well. His positioning has gotten so much better as the season has gone on, but it's still a work in progress.

2. There's just not a ton of spots available, especially if they can't find a taker for Grossmann and/or Schenn, or if they decide to re-sign Schultz and/or MDZ. Then figure that Morin, Ghost and possibly Hagg are ahead of him in the pecking order, and begins to look a lot more likely that he heads back to Calgary for 2015-2016.

Edit: Meant WHL, not AHL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad