Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think Ghost needs to be a Phantom next year. He has seven AHL games under his belt plus whatever he gets of he returns this season. Wouldn't surprise me if Morin is down there too. Hextall likes the AHL route

I actually think it would be a good thing to start Gostisbehere and Morin in the AHL next season as a pair. Let them build some chemistry and come up together later in the season kind of like what Washington did with Carlson and Alzner.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any room on this d-line next year, too many bad contracts and players.

Unless Hextall does some magic at the trade deadline and offseason. All of those players get older and less productive.

Right now the only player thought to be on the move is Coburn, and he's not playing. Everybody else sucks or is untradeable.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any room on this d-line next year, too many bad contracts and players.

Unless Hextall does some magic at the trade deadline and offseason. All of those players get older and less productive.

Right now the only player thought to be on the move is Coburn, and he's not playing. Everybody else sucks or is untradeable.

Agreed. I think the most optimistic we can be for potential rookie slots is that two Dmen are moved (Coburn and Grossmann in my scenario) and one of MDZ or Schultz is retained.

Streit – MacDonald
MDZ/Schultz – XXXXX
L Schenn – XXXXX

Beyond how eye-gougingly awful the top pairing would be, this seems like the best-case transition for Dmen into the Flyers line-up. Besides Morin, Gostisbehere, Hagg, Alt, and Manning fighting for these spots, Hextall will almost certainly have some training-camp invites for the likes of Colaiacovo et alii to compete.

I would actually be okay with MDZ and Schultz – at fair contracts – forming the second pair, and Schenn mentoring the best of the rookies on the third pair.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany

If the asking price for Franson and Sekera is really a 1st and a prospect you'd think there is a possibility to ship some of our defenders out.

Schultz and Grossmann(despite his lack of speed) should be tradeable for at least a 3rd round pick. In a better system with better linemates and less minutes they will be effective.

Question is, is it worth it for anything less than a 2nd rounder?

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Some Montreal fans seem pretty keen on adding LSchenn. I'd rather lose Grossmann, but they want a physical right hander.

Agreed. I think the most optimistic we can be for potential rookie slots is that two Dmen are moved (Coburn and Grossmann in my scenario) and one of MDZ or Schultz is retained.

Streit – MacDonald
MDZ/Schultz – XXXXX
L Schenn – XXXXX

Beyond how eye-gougingly awful the top pairing would be, this seems like the best-case transition for Dmen into the Flyers line-up. Besides Morin, Gostisbehere, Hagg, Alt, and Manning fighting for these spots, Hextall will almost certainly have some training-camp invites for the likes of Colaiacovo et alii to compete.

I would actually be okay with MDZ and Schultz – at fair contracts – forming the second pair, and Schenn mentoring the best of the rookies on the third pair.

I'd rearrange it and keep both MDZ & Schultz if their contract demands are reasonable.

MDZ-Schultz
MacDonald/Morin-Streit
MacDonald/Morin-LSchenn
Colaiacovo

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I actually think it would be a good thing to start Gostisbehere and Morin in the AHL next season as a pair. Let them build some chemistry and come up together later in the season kind of like what Washington did with Carlson and Alzner.

I really like this idea too. I think both would only need half a season down in the AHL for seasoning, but it would be incredible for them to develop into that type of pairing. And as others have said, there simply might not be enough room for more than one of them to start in the NHL next season.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
If the asking price for Franson and Sekera is really a 1st and a prospect you'd think there is a possibility to ship some of our defenders out.

Schultz and Grossmann, despite his lack of speed, should be tradeable for at least a 3rd round pick. In a better system with better linemates and less minutes they will be effective.

Question is, is it worth it for anything less than a 2nd rounder?

Schultz is a mystery card, given his mediocre CV to this point in his career. I wouldn't want to give him any more than 2 years for $2.5 million each, and prefer that the Flyers turn him into a decent asset (2nd-3rd) because I fear what others have stated: he impressed this season, gets a multi-year deal, and then plays tepid hockey while taking up a spot in an already bloated D corps(e).

Grossmann shouldn't fetch any more than a late 3rd right now, given his injury history, on-ice abilities and extra year on his contract.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Schultz is a mystery card, given his mediocre CV to this point in his career. I wouldn't want to give him any more than 2 years for $2.5 million each, and prefer that the Flyers turn him into a decent asset (2nd-3rd) because I fear what others have stated: he impressed this season, gets a multi-year deal, and then plays tepid hockey while taking up a spot in an already bloated D corps(e).

Grossmann shouldn't fetch any more than a late 3rd right now, given his injury history, on-ice abilities and extra year on his contract.

I'd be totally fine with both trades. Clears up over 4.5 Mill $ in cap space and gives the "new" guys two open roster spots to fight for come next season.

Resign Del Zotto for 2 more years, trade Coburn for a late first/young winger and call it a day.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
http://www.mcall.com/sports/hockey/...y-three-in-three-02122015-20150212-story.html

The Phantoms are getting closer to putting their best lineup on the ice. No. 1 goalie Rob Zepp has fully recovered from a lower body injury that kept him from making the trip to Hershey, a game won by rookie Anthony Stolarz, who was then called up by the parent-club Philadelphia Flyers. Martin Ouellette, recalled from Reading, will back up Zepp today.

Veteran center and alternate captain Darroll Powe will play for the first time since Dec. 27, fully recovered from an upper body injury that caused him to miss the last 17 games.

"I'm looking forward to everything," the 29-year-old Powe said of his return. "I'm looking forward to giving hits and taking hits, just being in the battle. When you're out for two months or whatever it was, you're just looking for that compete-in-a-game situation, and I'm looking forward to it."

Defenseman Mark Alt, out with an upper body injury just one game less than Powe, is also very close to returning and needs to pass one more test before returning to contact. Both he and rookie defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere have been skating in non-contact jerseys with the team, but Gostisbehere has more hurdles to clear before he returns to contact from his well-documented knee surgery.

Enthusiasm has been high all week at practice, and it hasn't been lost on Murray.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
Some Montreal fans seem pretty keen on adding LSchenn. I'd rather lose Grossmann, but they want a physical right hander.

I'd rearrange it and keep both MDZ & Schultz if their contract demands are reasonable.

MDZ-Schultz
MacDonald/Morin-Streit
MacDonald/Morin-LSchenn
Colaiacovo

Same here. I really hope Ron keeps Luke here for the long haul.

bakunin

Apr 18, 2007
Can we please all take a minute and remember that, in the Draft of 2007, Holmgren selected Garrett frickin' Klotz when Nick Bonino, Jake Muzzin, Carl Hagelin Alec Martinez, Nick Palmieri and Alex Killorn all still were on the board?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can we please all take a minute and remember that, in the Draft of 2007, Holmgren selected Garrett frickin' Klotz when Nick Bonino, Jake Muzzin, Carl Hagelin Alec Martinez, Nick Palmieri and Alex Killorn all still were on the board?

jsUGtiF.jpg

Was this completely random or was there a reason for bringing this up?

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
can we please all take a minute and remember that, in the draft of 2007, holmgren selected garrett frickin' klotz when nick bonino, jake muzzin, carl hagelin alec martinez, nick palmieri and alex killorn all still were on the board?

why waste time being upset about the past? Nothing can be done about it. Move forward.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I am glad how well Aube-Kubel progresses. If we can hope for a new face on our top-6 in the coming years he pretty much is the best option right now.

On a side note, does anyone of you have any information about Julien Gauthier? Guy is a teammate of NAK and just doubled his point production this season in 9 games less played.

http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/show/id/14342

Any chance we snatch another RW from Val D'or in 2016?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I am glad how well Aube-Kubel progresses. If we can hope for a new face on our top-6 in the coming years he pretty much is the best option right now.

On a side note, does anyone of you have any information about Julien Gauthier? Guy is a teammate of NAK and just doubled his point production this season in 9 games less played.

http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/show/id/14342

Any chance we snatch another RW from Val D'or in 2016?

Denis Gauthiers nephew.

Big, strong, good skater, likes the dirty areas, hard shot and has hands.

He really is a physical freak. 6'4 and ~215lbs age 17. He is however going to be pretty much the oldest guys in his draft class. But still, if he was eligible for the draft this year he would be a top 20 pick. Next year I reckon he goes top 10 so long as he does not completely bomb.

I must admit I would love to get the guy.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Denis Gauthiers nephew.

Big, strong, good skater, likes the dirty areas, hard shot and has hands.

He really is a physical freak. 6'4 and ~215lbs age 17. He is however going to be pretty much the oldest guys in his draft class. But still, if he was eligible for the draft this year he would be a top 20 pick. Next year I reckon he goes top 10 so long as he does not completely bomb.

I must admit I would love to get the guy.

Nice. Thank you for the insight. Would love to add him to our prospect pool. Would be a nice addition to our line-up since we lack some size up front.

Guess time will tell.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Calgary Hitmen had there 9 game winning streak snapped tonight. I saw the last two periods. Sanheim looked great imo.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Calgary Hitmen had there 9 game winning streak snapped tonight. I saw the last two periods. Sanheim looked great imo.

Out of all teams they lose against the Blades ? At home? Wow. Guess, you can't win them all. Nevertheless, good to hear Sanheim played well.

Next up are the Medicine Hat Tigers. They better be ready for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad