Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Zepp started all three games this weekend. I expect him to replace Stolarz for Tuesday's game.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Gostisbehere is 21, Morin is 19.

Oh, and Gostisbehere, a 5-foot-11, 170-pounder, looks up at Morin, who checks in at 6-7, 225.

By hockey standards, they're both kids ... kids that are the foundation of Flyers GM Ron Hextall's vision for building a perennial Stanley Cup contender by relying on a lot of homegrown talent.

Their possible time together as Flyers could begin as early as next season.

Gostisbehere, who is in the final stages of recovering from November ACL surgery, is determined to win an NHL job next season.

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2015/02/flyers_prospect_shayne_gostisbehere_cant_wait_to_t.html

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Weekly Prospect Update
AHL
Nick Cousins - 50GP 16G 27A 43PTS +2
Taylor Leier - 47GP 13G 13A 26PTS -3
Petr Straka - 45GP 11G 7A 18PTS -10
Robert Hagg - 44GP 3G 15A 18PTS -6
Scott Laughton - 14GP 6G 6A 12PTS -3
Brandon Alderson - 33GP 3G 4A 7PTS -10
Shayne Gostisbehere - 5GP 0G 5A 5PTS -1
Mark Alt - 21GP 1G 3A 4PTS -5
Jesper Pettersson - 31GP 1G 2A 3PTS -5
Anthony Stolarz - 22GP 7-10-1 3.04GAA .911SV% 2SO

CHL (OHL, QMJHL, & WHL)
Nicolas Aube-Kubel - 48GP 28G 36A 64PTS +10
Travis Sanheim - 51GP 11G 39A 50PTS +19
Radel Fazleev - 55GP 16G 24A 40PTS +14
Tyrell Goulbourne - 49GP 17G 19A 36PTS +17
Samuel Morin - 24GP 4G 19A 23PTS +12

KHL
Valeri Vasiliev - 33GP 1G 3A 4PTS +9

NCAA
Michael Parks - 29GP 11G 18A 29PTS
Mark Friedman - 30GP 2G 14A 16PTS
David Drake - 27GP 1G 4A 5PTS
Reece Willcox - 21GP 1G 3A 4PTS
Terrance Amorosa - 11GP 1G 1A 1PTS
Merrick Madsen - 1GP 0-0-0 2.77GAA .846SV% 0SO

SHL
Oskar Lindblom - 29GP 5G 5A 10PTS +2

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Cousins probably deserves a shot before the end of the season. .86 PPG in the AHL while being chippy? Really come a long way from last year in the A.

We desperately need to start churning out effective, cheap 3rd/th line forwards. That's where you make your cap savings relative to what you spend on your top 6 forwards and top 4 D.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Aube-Kubel has really, really ramped it up recently.

He is now:

20th in Q scoring.
18th in Q PPG

5th in Q scoring amongst drafted prospects.
5th in Q PPG amongst drafted prospects.

4th from his draft year in Q scoring.
3rd from his draft year in Q PPG.

12th in CHL points amongst drafted prospects.
21st in CHL PPG amongst drafted prospects.

8th from his draft year in CHL scoring.
15th from his draft year in CHL PPG.

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014

He is now:

20th in Q scoring.
18th in Q PPG

Here's to hoping that production translates to the bigs when/ if he gets there. That draft is looking like it could be exceptionally solid.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

He is now:

20th in Q scoring.
18th in Q PPG

Yup...he has been playing great lately.

14 points in his last 6 games.

43 points in his last 23 games.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Well, his team plays football while the rest of the league plays hockey. Final score of the game yesterday was 8-7.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For those who didn't see it in the prospect section, here was a Avs fan's take on NAK who has seen him multiple times:

Originally Posted by Bender

I like Aubé-Kubel's game. He's a great skater who plays a solid 2-way game. I think he flies under a lot of people's radar because he's not particularly amazing in any one area but really good in all areas of the game. He doesn't shy away from physical contact and uses his teammates well. He'll battle for pucks in dirty areas and is hard worker by giving a consistent effort...every time I've seen him play anyhow.

What I like most about him is that even if his offensive game doesn't necessarily translate to the pros, (it might, it might not) he still has a great shot at becoming a pretty good 3rd or 4th line player due to the kind of game he plays.

(Avs fan btw)

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Cousins probably deserves a shot before the end of the season. .86 PPG in the AHL while being chippy? Really come a long way from last year in the A.

We desperately need to start churning out effective, cheap 3rd/th line forwards. That's where you make your cap savings relative to what you spend on your top 6 forwards and top 4 D.

Nice bounce-back season for him so far. He looks improved in many areas.

Have to take it with a grain of salt though. Second year as a Pro, plus last year's Phantoms were a pretty bad team talent-wise. This year Cousins is at least surrounded by some decent talent, which certainly helps.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Nice bounce-back season for him so far. He looks improved in many areas.

Have to take it with a grain of salt though. Second year as a Pro, plus last year's Phantoms were a pretty bad team talent-wise. This year Cousins is at least surrounded by some decent talent, which certainly helps.
Stortini is carrying him. :sarcasm:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's a real shame the AHL doesn't track ice time. It would make following a prospect's development a lot more interesting, particularly defensemen.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The Phantoms lineup is really starting to come together.

Only 4 points out of the playoffs now with a game in hand, and Ghost coming back soon and then Lindblom likely coming over for the last 15 games.

The Laughton-Cousins 1-2 punch is up there amongst the best in the AHL, and with Alt back now and Ghost back soon the top 4 will be up there with any team not called Hershey or Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on paper.

They could really cause some waves if they make the playoffs...

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
The Phantoms lineup is really starting to come together.

Only 4 points out of the playoffs now with a game in hand, and Ghost coming back soon and then Lindblom likely coming over for the last 15 games.

The Laughton-Cousins 1-2 punch is up there amongst the best in the AHL, and with Alt back now and Ghost back soon the top 4 will be up there with any team not called Hershey or Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on paper.

They could really cause some waves if they make the playoffs...

Getting into the playoffs would be huge. Maybe morin and Sanheim could get a couple of games on a tryout contract as could any undrafted players they sign.

I wonder if Willcox will leave after his junior year at Cornell.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Getting into the playoffs would be huge. Maybe morin and Sanheim could get a couple of games on a tryout contract as could any undrafted players they sign.

I wonder if Willcox will leave after his junior year at Cornell.

Morin very likely won't be available. Rimouski is a legit contender for the Q championship & Memorial Cup berth. Sanheim could be depending on how far the Phantoms go but Calgary's good enough to win a round or two.

I doubt the Flyers push to sign him & he's a year away from graduating at an ivy league school.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Morin very likely won't be available. Rimouski is a legit contender for the Q championship & Memorial Cup berth. Sanheim could be depending on how far the Phantoms go but Calgary's good enough to win a round or two.

I doubt the Flyers push to sign him & he's a year away from graduating at an ivy league school.

exactly. let him play and develop 4 years and then evaluate.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's not good enough to sign after his junior year.

Wonder how Hexy will go about the college ufa and chl overager route. Holmgren was always a big player though part of that was to fill out the system with the lack of draft picks/duds.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Terry Murray talks about nine different prospects. I just picked a couple.

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2015/02/phantoms_coach_terry_murray_gives_scouting_reports.html

CENTER NICK COUSINS
On whether he's becoming a complete player:
"He's getting there. He's starting to move his feet all the time now. I go back to the first year that he came (to the AHL) when I was in Glens Falls. He played about 10 games at the end of the junior season and that was the one thing that was very noticeable ... He wasn't moving his feet all the time. He was gliding. So that's improved big time. And he has a knack. The one thing that he has is an ability to find people in difficult traffic situations. He can make a play that is under a lot of pressure with a lot of people coming at him. I think he's going to be an NHL player. The growth spurt that we've seen this year has been very big and I think that there's still some area to grow."

DEFENSEMAN MARK ALT
On Alt being an NHL prospect in an organization that has four younger defensemen prospects who get most of the media attention (Sam Morin, Travis Sanheim, Hagg and Gostisbehere).
"Yeah, (Alt) deserves to be in the conversation. At the start of the year I was asked that question and I said he's on track (to be an NHL player). Everything's going fine, (then) he's had a big setback here a couple of times this year (with injuries). He's an interesting player. He's big and he can really skate. He's got very nice speed. I like Mark Alt. He's a very intense, hard-working guy. He really cares. He's very passionate about playing the game the right way. I think he has to be put into that conversation because he's a high-character guy."

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
At some point, you need to give these guys an NHL shot. I know we want to go all in on the Red Wings model, but in our situation, that could create a back log where players aren't getting the looks they need to get in order to truly evaluate what you actually have. You're not going to have Morin, Gostisbehere, Sanheim, Hagg, and Alt debuting at the same time. Let the guys who are close get their feet wet and stagger the entries to the NHL so we can actually give each guy the type of ice time young players should be getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad