Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I just don't see it with Hicketts. I just don't see the talent to compensate for his lack of size. I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles in the AHL when he leaves juniors.
From the blurb...
He's a very good skater, with above-average skill and shooting abilities, and despite his size, he was the only Canadian defenseman to be used regularly on both the power play and penalty kill at the WJC.

Small defensemen can play and play well in the NHL if they have a dynamic skill set. Hicketts certainly fits that description.

So..which is it?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I like how many people think Morin is some terrible defender because he did not receive big playing time at the WJC.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I like how many people think Morin is some terrible defender because he did not receive big playing time at the WJC.
That's the only time people have seen him play. The prospect board = glutton for punishment.

Leafs fans have had a roller coaster ride today though. Seeing Nylander ranked #1 on one list and then #16 on a separate list must have taken some of the air out of the balloon.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The thing I find weird is how Pronman has Kapanen rated highly still since it looks like the WJC's was a big factor in player movement. Kapanen just got done bombing in his second international tournament in a row.

I don't get if he has a pattern or not. Hell he probably doesn't either. :laugh:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
The thing I find weird is how Pronman has Kapanen rated highly still since it looks like the WJC's was a big factor in player movement. Kapanen just got done bombing in his second international tournament in a row.

I don't get if he has a pattern or not. Hell he probably doesn't either. :laugh:

It must be all those Finnish league games he personally watches all the time (yeah right :rolleyes:).

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I just don't see it with Hicketts. I just don't see the talent to compensate for his lack of size. I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles in the AHL when he leaves juniors.

It's because he made the WJC team and Detroit signed him, two things that are vastly overrated by most prospect rankers.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Pronman always had a love for Kapanen. He rated him as a top 10 player and if I am not mistaken did once say how he thought he could become one of the drafts best players.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Phantoms game just started and they have their new orange and black third jerseys.

Also, they REALLY need Ghost to come back.

Last edited:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I'm going to the game tomorrow night. Unfortunately, my work schedule hasn't allowed me to watch as many games as I would have liked.

Going to catch the 3rd period of this game though. Phantoms up 1-0 in 2nd intermission.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
no...

He has in the past. He's better on the left.

At one point in the game the other night he had 4 different partners on 4 different shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad