2014-15 IIHF World Junior Championship Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I don't. I can't take another game of our idiot coach mismanaged our roster. Canada is the better team IMO and we handicap ourselves with this coach.

If you can't tell I'm not a fan :laugh:

LOL yeah saw you weren't happy with him all game. Exciting hockey none the less

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Domi has been terrific all game and tournament. He's a lot easier to notice because he's flashy, but Reinhart simply does everything right. How many tap-ins has Reinhart given Domi now?

My dad was saying "Domi seems to be a name you always hear, because he always is around the puck" I said yeah cause Reinhart always gets it and passes it to him.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Good game, Canada. :) *handshakes all around* Let's do it again in a week or so for Gold!

Also, OMG REINHART <3 How long before he's this mentally dominating in the NHL??

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
Once Reinhart gets his man strength he is going to be a beast! Love this human computer of a kid!

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Good game, Canada. :) *handshakes all around* Let's do it again in a week or so for Gold!

Also, OMG REINHART <3 How long before he's this mentally dominating in the NHL??

Really hope we see you guys again in the finals. Nothing like a good CAN-USA tilt

ZeroPT*

Reinhart was the best player on the ice. Next closest was Larkin.

WE just saw Reinhart flat out dominate a game with both McEichel. Yet we absolutely need McEichel? Nah. Reinhart is a franchise player. Add another player of his caliber and we're golden.

EDIT: Doesn't mean anything though. McEichel are insane and will be better down the road. Just pointing out that McEichel aren't in another class when compared to a guy like Reinhart. Especially one who dominates huge games like he has these last two.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
If you could have one on the Sabres....would you rather have Larkin or Domi?

I actually think one of Tim Murray's tries to move up into first round in the 2014 draft was to draft Larkin or Tuch. and then eventually McCann.

I remember him saying he was selling off all his 2nds to get up to the late teens to mid 20's and offered every team the deal until his target player was taken.

Last edited:

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

WE just saw Reinhart flat out dominate a game with both McEichel. Yet we absolutely need McEichel? Nah. Reinhart is a franchise player. Add another player of his caliber and we're golden.

EDIT: Doesn't mean anything though. McEichel are insane and will be better down the road. Just pointing out that McEichel aren't in another class when compared to a guy like Reinhart. Especially one who dominates huge games like he has these last two.

I agree. You can't teach hockey IQ like this kid has. He's an elite prospect

ZeroPT*

I actually think Tim Murray's try to move up in the draft was to draft Larkin or Tuch.

If so I trust TM fully. Those two are going to be really good.
Speaking of really good. Fasching was great in the third. I'll re-watch the game later.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Domi has been terrific all game and tournament. He's a lot easier to notice because he's flashy, but Reinhart simply does everything right. How many tap-ins has Reinhart given Domi now?

Domi hit the side of a wide open net that Reinhart set up too (I think in the second period). That said, Sam's stats were a little padded at the end of the game.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Darcy Regier tried to move up to get Domi. Tim Murray tried to move up to get Larkin (we think). What does that tell you?

Kevin Devine #1 Scout Genius in the universe.

ZeroPT*

I agree. You can't teach hockey IQ like this kid has. He's an elite prospect

Basically, what I'm saying is, McEichel are nice. Really really nice. But if you settle for a player like Reinhart I'm fine with it. Especially since our kids are taking massive steps developmentally

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
For those who didn't like the Reinhart pick or are not sure what he is all about this game was pretty much the perfect definition of what kind of player he is and what he brings to the game.

Not explosive but wins face offs, is always in the right position defensively, a brilliant mind for the game offensively and a quiet leader. To top it off, the best player in the biggest games.

Also was very impressed with Fasching and like Compher's jump tonight.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007

Reinhart is older than those two. Imagine those other guys in this tourney next year. You can only imagine because those two will be good enough to stick at the NHL level next year.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Reinhart reminds me of Bergeron but with Krejci's patience with the puck, I'd kill to have him on the Bruins.

No doubt you guys have your future 1/2C Selke candidate.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Bob McKenize on TSN saying the crowd loves Domi because of the flash but he wouldn't have the same success without Sam, and Sam has been incredible. Basically what everyone here has said

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I actually think Tim Murray's try to move up into first round in the 2014 draft was to draft Larkin or Tuch.

Yeah that seems likely that Larkin or Tuch was his target. Too bad he couldn't have swung the deal. In hindsight, I wish the Islanders could have had a better season last year and finished outside of the top 10.

ZeroPT*

Reinhart is older than those two. Imagine those other guys in this tourney next year. You can only imagine because those two will be good enough to stick at the NHL level next year.

By like 11 months on Eichel and 13 on McDavid. So right around a year. Not that huge a gap tbh

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
I thought Nurse had a hell of a game too. Leading multiple rushes(one break away even), blocking shots, throwing everyone around and shutting down the eichl line to boot.

I still think Rasmus is and will be a better player but Nurse isn't far behind.

*also McKenzie and Ferraro giving Reinhart a ton of love. Good to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad