Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XVII) (Released, Post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Pity for Stamkos, first omitted in 2010 becouse he had'nt won the Richard that season yet, and now this. Guy was a teenage phenom but will now possibly make his best-on-best debut at age 27. Maybe he hopes for a World Cup to arrive sooner than la... Korea.

Agreed, it's very unfortunate.

There's also a good chance the NHL doesn't even go to Korea so he may never play in the Olympics in his career, what a crime.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Whether it's St Louis or Giroux, I wont be mad, they both deserved to be there from the beginning.

For the love of god, dont pick Neal.

And the positive side is that I will finally get my jersey customized after this decision

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Whether it's St Louis or Giroux, I wont be mad, they both deserved to be there from the beginning.

For the love of god, dont pick Neal.

And the positive side is that I will finally get my jersey customized after this decision

My stance as well.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I were them, I'd flip a coin between St Louis and Giroux. Neal's got some experience with Crosby and a lot with Kunitz...

Probably can't go wrong here, but gun to my head, I probably take Marty, closely followed by Giroux.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It shouldn't be him, but I'm fully expecting Neal to be named to the team, and then they'll go with a Pittsburgh line as their top line.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Agreed, it's very unfortunate.

There's also a good chance the NHL doesn't even go to Korea so he may never play in the Olympics in his career, what a crime.

Terrible situation, especially for a guy who wants to represent his country as bad as Stamkos does.

PredragD

May 5, 2011
I'd like to see Giroux or MSL, and Giroux didn't make the reserve list. MSL therefore makes the most sense, but wouldn't be surprised if Neal got the call. I just hope it isn't Hall or Staal.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
They actually have a chance to make up for one big mistake. Should go with MSL, but at this point, yeah, sort of expect it will be Neal.

drewstar

Jan 1, 2010
6ix
In a way, this is the hockey gods' way of giving Stevie Y the middle finger when he omitted a healthy (but already very productive) Steven Stamkos in 2010. It didn't bite us on the smaller ice although it could have. Now that Stamkos is a lock he gets what may be one of the few major injuries in his career and he barely misses being cleared by doctors as it seems he's only a few weeks away from having the bone fully healed. A shame really.

Not quite Paul Kariya in Nagano 1998 but not that far off either...

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
In a way, this is the hockey gods' way of giving Stevie Y the middle finger when he omitted a healthy (but already very productive) Steven Stamkos in 2010. It didn't bite us on the smaller ice although it could have. Now that Stamkos is a lock he gets what may be one of the few major injuries in his career and he barely misses being cleared by doctors as it seems he's only a few weeks away from having the bone fully healed. A shame really.

One has to love being Canadian at times... we find ways to criticize our team management even when we win the gold medal.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Has their been any speculation as to when they will name the replacement? I've been refreshing every couple minutes thinking it could be soon

They can (and should) take their time. If I'm not mistaken, the final roster doesn't have to be submitted until 2 hours before the first game of the men's hockey tournament. So as long as the chosen player is lined up to depart along with the rest of the team, everything will work out.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
They can (and should) take their time. If I'm not mistaken, the final roster doesn't have to be submitted until 2 hours before the first game of the men's hockey tournament.

Well practically they will not wait until 2 hours before the game. Not sure when the official departure is for the team, but there has to be enough notice before then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad