Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XVII) (Released, Post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

M10

Dec 7, 2013

Because he doesn't want a Penguin going there over a Flyer. Philadelphia still thinks Giroux is the best player in the world because of that one good season and a half. No one else does. Crosby has no use for Giroux and his pansy dangling. Neal fits the bill over Claude.

Doesn't matter either way, it will be St. Louis.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I have a feeling st.Louis won't come close and it's Hall or Giroux
Giroux would slot 1rw if it was him and hall would take Kunitz when he does not produce Tavares will IMO get a good look to be the 1 rw like he was in Switzerland last year

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Actually, I am not sure that is a positive. Plus, I don't think he has played well with Sid in the past - posters can correct me if I am wrong.

This year they had a slow start but developed some decent chemistry in their short time together. They have not played a lot together in the past outside of power plays, though.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Giroux or MSL imo.
So when do they decide? Before Sunday i guess when all the chartered flights head over.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Right-handed scorer who can play the right side and whose skating could be a factor on the big-ice. First name that comes to mind: Seguin. He could be a nice wildcard candidate IMO.

He is actually my top choice. He posted the best number in Europe during the lockout, so you know he can play on the bigger ice. He's fast and he can play on any line. He spent 3 years on a two way line with Bergeron, so if you needed him on the fourth line, not a problem. He plays centre with Benn, so if one of the centres goes down, you could reunite that dangerous duo. He's probably the most versatile option to take. And he actually is more productive with less minutes than either Giroux or MSL. Their points per 60 minutes are among the lowest of guys being considered. I can't stress enough that minutes get pulled back rolling 3-4 awesome lines. Those two will not put up their high numbers without playing excessive minutes.

M10

Dec 7, 2013
Crosby doesn't want to play with Giroux and if you don't think what Crosby wants matters, Chris Kunitz case and point. Giroux would not compliment Crosby what so ever. Neal or St. Louis are the top choices if they are planning on playing this individual with Crosby.

Mojo19

Loyal since 1987
Dec 29, 2006
Nova Scotia
Chalk up another vote for Marty St Louis.
I'm a huge Giroux fan as well, but I think a natural winger would be a better option for the team.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Actually, I am not sure that is a positive. Plus, I don't think he has played well with Sid in the past - posters can correct me if I am wrong.

When Geno was hurt Kunitz - Sid - Neal was Pit's top line for about 5 games and Neal had like 8 goals.

If they're trying to replace Stammer with the closest player to him it has to be Neal. If they wan't do do good by a vet it'll be MSL.

M10

Dec 7, 2013
When Geno was hurt Kunitz - Sid - Neal was Pit's top line for about 5 games and Neal had like 8 goals.

If they're trying to replace Stammer with the closest player to him it has to be Neal. If they wan't do do good by a vet it'll be MSL.

Precisely.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Crosby doesn't want to play with Giroux and if you don't think what Crosby wants matters, Chris Kunitz case and point. Giroux would not compliment Crosby what so ever. Neal or St. Louis are the top choices if they are planning on playing this individual with Crosby.

:nod:

Thanks! That is good to hear.

Ironslave

May 22, 2008
I believe Jeff Carter will move up to play with Crosby to give him a goal scoring winger. I know what CBC said about Giroux not being in play, but after a terrible start, he's just 1 point out from top 10 in league scoring (1 point ahead of St. Louis in 1 more game).

Kunitz/Duchene- Crosby- Carter
Benn- Tavares- St.Louis or Giroux
Marleau- Getzlaf- Perry
Sharp- Toews- Nash
Bergeron

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's a tough loss to be sure, but having a healthy St. Louis (or Giroux or Neal) is better than forcing a hobbled Stamkos into game action before he's ready. It's not like there's a lack of firepower without him.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I want a St. Louis-Crosby-Carter line, and Kunitz in the press box.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
St. Louis is a top 5 winger in the NHL. Art Ross Trophy winner last year. Very consistent every year. Carrying a young Tampa Bay team with Stamkos out. Nothing else the guy can do. I don't see why they need another Center or more "chemistry with Crosby" if they already got Kunitz for that purpose.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

It's a tough loss to be sure, but having a healthy St. Louis (or Giroux or Neal) is better than forcing a hobbled Stamkos into game action before he's ready. It's not like there's a lack of firepower without him.

This is true. Never have we been so able to lose such an amazing player.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I want a St. Louis-Crosby-Carter line, and Kunitz in the press box.

:nod:

St. Louis is a top 5 winger in the NHL. Art Ross Trophy winner last year. Very consistent every year. Carrying a young Tampa Bay team with Stamkos out. Nothing else the guy can do. I don't see why they need another Center or more "chemistry with Crosby" if they already got Kunitz for that purpose.

I agree.

Bob McKenzie thinks Carter bumps up to the top line. Craig Button picks MSL. Bob M wouldn't commit to either MSL or Neal.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I am not sure why everyone at TSN is so obsessed with Couture. He made their poll for who the replacement should be, along with Neal and Giroux who sources say aren't even being considered.

Isn't Couture injured?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
DAMN! I was really looking forward to Stammer burying feeds from Sid :( I know I know, embarrassment of riches.

I hope MSL is the guy. I cant see him being passed on twice, and as everyone here has said, he is a winger. I would not begrudge Staal, Neal, Hall, or Giroux, or even Jumbo Joe, but I think a heart-on-the-sleeve, vocal veteran like MSL will be just what the doctor ordered. Plus he can still fly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad