GDT: 2013 World Junior Championships

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
USA up 6-0 over the Czechs after two periods.

Looks like they will play Canada again. Should be a good game.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Do you people sleep? Glad to see the US doing well.

When is the championship game?

It's evening prime time here in Australia. :)

USA wins 7-0 in a penalty filled game. They had 5 PP goals. :amazed:

Next up is Canada.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Yakupov is either trying to do too much or has the same hockey IQ as Dion Phaneuf.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yakupov is either trying to do too much or has the same hockey IQ as Dion Phaneuf.

Ouch, one of the harshest yet potentially accurate insults here I`ve read in years;)

Although I honestly believe he`s just attempting to do waaaay too much on his own, we`ve seen this story before

Kaoz*

My assumption would be the former, but that doesn't say a lot about the latter either. The kid sounds like a woodpecker on the ice, always tapping his stick whether he's open or not. Great that he wants the puck but it is a team sport after all.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My assumption would be the former, but that doesn't say a lot about the latter either. The kid sounds like a woodpecker on the ice, always tapping his stick whether he's open or not. Great that he wants the puck but it is a team sport after all.

Agreed, we see players do this from time to time more to let their teammates know they`re there or open, but Yaks seems to do this constantly, not sure what kind of a kid he is but the impression he puts out there is that he`s nothing but a seflish player who wants to do it all on his own and gives the puck up only as the last option

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I wish they would put him with Grigorenko who is probably Russia's best playmaker, and put someone who will pass with Koko.

And when did Shea Weber join the Swiss?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Ufa Screwjob going on right now. A hip check was just called kneeing.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
With u there Crossfire and I've maintained my stance even when the team I am rooting for is the benefactor.

Team game settled by a skill competition makes no sense

Yep it's a shame that this great game is going to end in a shootout.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Haven't seen it, but hearing Koko summoned his inner Canadien/Canuck and dove in the OT?

That was what I saw.

Swiss defender made minor contact with KoKo, who acted like he had been shot. I hope he stops that sh** before he gets to BOS. Otherwise, I thought he looked very dangerous.

BS call on the RUS PP that tied it as well. Grigorenko drives the goal hard, makes contact with SUI defender and goes down, bodies plow into net, puck goes in after the net was off moorings...

Mysterious slashing call and RUS scores on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad