GDT: 2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KingKopitar11*

I hate staples center so much, its always booked. We shouldn't be playing hockey in such a densely used arena. This sucks.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Sounds like Lubo is going to be forced to report to the Islanders. The guy really needs to bite his tongue around reporters.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I hate staples center so much, its always booked. We shouldn't be playing hockey in such a densely used arena. This sucks.

AEG owns Staples - do you really expect them to turn down tenants?

I guarantee you Staples is the envy of every other arena owner in the world.

KingKopitar11*

AEG owns Staples - do you really expect them to turn down tenants?

I guarantee you Staples is the envy of every other arena owner in the world.

I know that, it just sucks to me that we have to share it with such a vast majority.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
:facepalm: Tim Thomas saying he isn't coming back for his contract year with Boston. What a loon he turned out to be... Seems like he is officially retired.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Wish all of this was done back in October, but I'm glad it's done. I hope the first home game is still Jan 31, it's my birthday and I have tickets to that game. I'm sure it'll change though.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, after the penalty language for teams not properly reporting HRR was mysteriously missing from the owner's offer 10 days ago, both sides said the packages had to be signed, sealed, and delivered before it can all be declared a done deal.

So I would assume we would have to wait for training camp to start. But with these two morons, nothing is a given.

Yup, two morons who have degrees in law and I'm willing to bet are smarter than anyone else who's posted in this thread. As fans we hate it, but it's the business side of the game, in the end all sports leagues are businesses, they may look like idiots and the lockout went longer than it should of, but in the end they both work in the interest on their constituents and that's exactly what they did.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Seriously, who cares? He went out a champ and is spending time with his family. But let's call him a loon and say good riddance. *shakes head*

I said good riddance because he's a 1st class toolbag, not because he retired.

bobafettish*

i understand locking players out and not letting them use the teams facilities. but not letting them getting looked at by team doctors is stupid. woudln't it be wise to make sure your players, especially the ones that are signed long term are healthy...

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
i understand locking them out using the teams facilities. but not letting them getting looked at by team doctors is stupid. woudln't it be wise to make sure your players, especially the ones that are signed long term are healthy...
Players who were injured before the lockout had access to all team resources (e.g., Quick).

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Seriously, who cares? He went out a champ and is spending time with his family. But let's call him a loon and say good riddance. *shakes head*

What if Mitchell just up and decided he wasn't playing hockey anymore and we were still on the hook for his $3.5 against the cap for another two years?

It is a big deal to walk out on a hockey team, especially when your contract continues to hurt them while you kick up your feet in Colorado. Leaving your club to launch into a mini season with $1.3 million in cap space, the least in the entire NHL...

The man had time off during the lockout. He signed for four years, and just because he got what he wanted he is going to hamstring his team from trying to go for it again? All he would have to do is sit on a bench for 80% of the season and during the possible playoffs.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
is anybody else a little worried about this news that Quick is just now being cleared to play? As I recall, before the lockout he was expected to maybe miss camp but be ready for the season. Now he's just cleared to play 3 months later? Considering it's a back injury and he's a goalie, that's pretty scary to me. Hopefully, it's just a matter of the team wanting to keep him in house and under team medical supervision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad