HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops - Part 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

We were asking for Habs to have someone in player development in Europe. We all had Plekanec and maybe Koivu in mind. But the fact they actually hired someone who will be based in Europe and focus on those prospects is such a great addition.

Prospects over in Europe: Koivu, Kapanen (if not on Habs), Eriksson, Rohrer, & Bergqvist.

And then you have those in Russia, who might not be in communication much: Demidov, Konyushkov, Khanin, Volokhin, Kostenko, Gordin & Sobolev.

Nevertheless, it's a real smart move to have someone dedicated to the prospects in Europe.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

So he's the NA Rockstrom.

Bobrov and Lapointe are the top.
Billy Ryan as Director of player evaluation would be next I think.
Boisvert is the international crossover guy so next on the totem pole.
Then Rockstrom and O'Connell
Then the rest.

Riendeau is a special case as he is the goalie guy, so pretty much Boisvert level but only for goalies.

Reactions: Vachon23 and bopeep

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
So he's the NA Rockstrom.

Bobrov and Lapointe are the top.
Billy Ryan as Director of player evaluation would be next I think.
Boisvert is the international crossover guy so next on the totem pole.
Then Rockstrom and O'Connell
Then the rest.

Riendeau is a special case as he is the goalie guy, so pretty much Boisvert level but only for goalies.
And Ben Shultron is the guy for the 3 CHL league

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Finally, we are getting quality scouting and development people in place

I cannot believe how badly this organization had fallen behind the rest of the league in this area, not to mention analytics too

I guess that what happens when you have an idiotic dinosaur running the org for 10 years with no one to question him and the French media and his cheerleaders defending him at every turn

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Finally, we are getting quality scouting and development people in place

I cannot believe how badly this organization had fallen behind the rest of the league in this area, not to mention analytics too

I guess that what happens when you have an idiotic dinosaur running the org for 10 years with no one to question him and the French media and his cheerleaders defending him at every turn
Now I hope they can hit a home run with the hire of the Rocket Head Coach

Reactions: bopeep

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Like I said in the other thread, it’s weird that they hired the assistant before they HC all though Jacob is really good assistant coach

If they have an assistant in place, my guess would be they aren't bringing in an AHL veteran coach like Vincent who would probably have wanted his own guys.

My hope is they want to hire someone like Favreau and Sedgwick thinks having an assistant with AHL experience like Jacob would help make the transition easier for him.

Reactions: Vachon23 and bopeep

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Here is my list of candidates for the assistant coach of MSL

David Carle

Jay Pandolfo

Jay Woodcoft

Don Granato

Jim Hulton

Greg Carvel

Greg Brown

Anthony Noreen

Matt McIlvane

Last edited:

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Don't know much about O'Connell, is he an amazing scout? I wonder if he will help trying to recruit NCAA free agents as he's apparently a great recruiter.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad