OT: 2013 Redskins Thread - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not the best at reading the field, but he's young, and for most of his life his skill set probably made it rare that he would need to throw it away. He's gotta learn, but I'm not yet convinced he's really dense.

Last year I thought he showed some above average decision making for a QB of his type. It's there. Not sure where it is now...losing the offseason might have set him back a lot?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Last year I thought he showed some above average decision making for a QB of his type. It's there. Not sure where it is now...losing the offseason might have set him back a lot?

Losing the pre-season isn't an excuse anymore. Cooley called it a couple games ago. Defenses are mixing up coverage's on Griffin and he can't figure it out fast enough.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
The Skins defense needs more than one 1st round pick from last year. Seems pretty obvious.

Now pretend Cousins was the QB and the Skins had three extra firsts and a second.

Thinking first round draft picks are worthless, like you are doing, will be a huge problem for this team for the next several years.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Yeah good point. Surely set him back physically so why not in the mental part of the game too. But they do need to do something--both him and Shanahan-- to reduce the punishment he takes every game. It's no Good.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Losing the pre-season isn't an excuse anymore. Cooley called it a couple games ago. Defenses are mixing up coverage's on Griffin and he can't figure it out fast enough.

I suspect Moss' regression has also been major factor. This team has pretty much two receivers.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Now pretend Cousins was the QB and the Skins had three extra firsts and a second.

Thinking first round draft picks are worthless, like you are doing, will be a huge problem for this team for the next several years.

If if's and butt's were candy and nuts, oh what a world we would live in.

I don't think 1st round picks are worthless. I just know enough about football to understand that it would take about 5-6 1st round picks to make the Skins current D average.

I also know enough football to understand 18+ mil cap space this coming offseason will go a long way to upgrade the defense.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Not the best at reading the field, but he's young, and for most of his life his skill set probably made it rare that he would need to throw it away. He's gotta learn, but I'm not yet convinced he's really dense.

He knows the routes. On that particular play his first option was an out route that was not a risk of interception and he waited for the WR to get separation, took a sack and forced a punt.

Bad QB play.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
3rd and 1 and they don't give it to Morris.

Uh.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Griffin was not the problem tonight. Its the substandard defense that let Christian Ponder look like a Pro-bowl QB.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
So is thinking a traded away 1st round pick would make a difference right now on defense.

So glad Shanahan didn't trade away the 3rd he used on Reed. :laugh:

Two extra firsts on defense would be huge. More talent and for cheaper, which would leave more money to upgrade other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad