2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part three - Hockey's Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Biron really doesn't know how to shut that gate. Best one was the goal Kovy scored on him 5 hole where it bounced back out of the net still through his legs. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And they didn't fix their biggest problem. They're still trying to win with four and a half defencemen.

Lather, rinse, and repeat. In a couple years Sather will spin his magic and he will be traded to some sucker team with a sucker GM for an absurdly good return, and the Rangers will throw the big money at some big name UFA again.

And then waste the good return by either ruining them or trading them away in big dumb trades. Lather, rinse repeat indeed. Sather may fleece teams with some of his trades, but he then goes and blows it by over spending on flashy toys.

Rags fans are delusional though, they can't look past the true fact as has been stated that they have less forward depth this year then last, and still have no defensive depth. Miller and Kreider are not carrying this team through the playoffs, and neither is Pyatt, Powe, Assham, not to mention Nash's cherry picking will bite them in the playoffs. You can't pull that crap when you are getting forchecked hard. Pitt tried that all weekend and all that got was Malkin chilling on the blueline by himself while everyone else was pinned in.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Nash will be in for a rude awakening in the playoffs too. He's only seen a couple playoff games in Columbus, and he has some Olympic experience as well. Could be interesting to see how well his game translates to the higher pressure games.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just got back from the Caps/Lightning game. My buddy who's got season tickets gave me a pair for cheap for my date and I because he couldn't make it. I don't like spending much money on non Devils games, but it was good to see hockey in person live for the first time in a year.

I'm not convinced the Caps are in the clear. They blew out Florida 5-0 the other night. Florida played a terrible defensive game. It was like the game we beat the Caps 5-0 at home under Maclean. The other night they played Florida again. I'm not saying it because I dislike the guy, but Clemmer cost the team that game. He gave up 6 goals, and at least 3 were garbage. They won the game 6-5 in OT after being down 5-2 to start the 3rd. There was a Foster esque Clemmer must be demoted thread on the Panthers board started last week, and the other night after that performance it was off the hook. Remember Tampa Bay is still awful defensively, and their scoring has dried up from what it was. That's their 3 game win streak. I don't think the Caps are in the clear.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
And then waste the good return by either ruining them or trading them away in big dumb trades. Lather, rinse repeat indeed. Sather may fleece teams with some of his trades, but he then goes and blows it by over spending on flashy toys.

Rags fans are delusional though, they can't look past the true fact as has been stated that they have less forward depth this year then last, and still have no defensive depth. Miller and Kreider are not carrying this team through the playoffs, and neither is Pyatt, Powe, Assham, not to mention Nash's cherry picking will bite them in the playoffs. You can't pull that crap when you are getting forchecked hard. Pitt tried that all weekend and all that got was Malkin chilling on the blueline by himself while everyone else was pinned in.

I'm wary of being too critical of the Rangers right now.
I just have too many flashbacks to 95 of our own team coming out with a sloppy start to the season, basically tripping all over themselves but staying in contention points wise.

They did exactly what the LA Kings did this year.... get hot at the right time and gunned it once the playoffs started.

The talent was all there, so was the effort... but the coordination and the puck luck wasn't.

It's an eerily similar situation.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't disagree with the sentiment but the only major change the Devils made from '94-95 was losing Bernie Nicholls and eventually trading for Neal Broten. Navigating as much turnover as the Rangers are now is infinitely more difficult in a short season.

Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
JakeAllenSave.gif

:amazed:

Semak

I'm wary of being too critical of the Rangers right now.
I just have too many flashbacks to 95 of our own team coming out with a sloppy start to the season, basically tripping all over themselves but staying in contention points wise.

They did exactly what the LA Kings did this year.... get hot at the right time and gunned it once the playoffs started.

The talent was all there, so was the effort... but the coordination and the puck luck wasn't.

It's an eerily similar situation.

They don't have nearly the depth the '95 NJDs had.

I don't disagree with the sentiment but the only major change the Devils made from '94-95 was losing Bernie Nicholls and eventually trading for Neal Broten. Navigating as much turnover as the Rangers are now is infinitely more difficult in a short season.

Very good point, thanks.

Van/Dal has turned into Hockey Night at the Fights :amazed:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That dude is incredible, and I heard he was pretty good the other night in his first ever start. Hitch should roll with him until Halak gets healthy. After all the Brian Elliott hype last year. The guy was a one trick pony with those absurd numbers. Hitch even called him out, and said he wasn't happy with his play. And he said that's why he's going with this guy Jake Allen.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Panthers feed just put a question on the screen asking about what rivalry was the best in hockey, but they listed "Islanders vs. Rangers" and not "Devils vs. Rangers". Shows how much the folks down in Florida know about hockey.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Panthers feed just put a question on the screen asking about what rivalry was the best in hockey, but they listed "Islanders vs. Rangers" and not "Devils vs. Rangers". Shows how much the folks down in Florida know about hockey.

For whatever reason they seem to really hate the Devils. Didn't one of these toolbox pretend last year that Brodeur wasn't even a top 5 goalie of All-Time ? Constantly implying that Kovalchuk is the complete Russian cliche too.

GTFO my way, losers.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
For whatever reason they seem to really hate the Devils. Didn't one of these toolbox pretend last year that Brodeur wasn't even a top 5 goalie of All-Time ? Constantly implying that Kovalchuk is the complete Russian cliche too.

GTFO my way, losers.

Wow, I was not aware of that, but if it's true, they really don't know anything about hockey. The Panthers are near the top of my list of teams I wish would be relocated, right behind the Coyotes.

I've been watching this TB/FLA game and I don't think I've ever been so bored by a games that's 5-3 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad