2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part One - Hockey's Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Speaking of which, Hartnell is out indefinitely after taking a shot off the foot in front of Marty last night.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I would say something.....but I'd probably get booted from this forum permanently if I did. :laugh:
thaddeusstevens_img.jpg

DevilChuk*

That has to be the funniest tripping penalty I've seen taken in awhile. Wiped out and just took out the forward's legs.

Lucic just missed an open net. Long delayed penalty here.

DevilChuk*

Dougie Hamilton is real impressive.. kid's gonna be a stud it looks like.

DevilChuk*

Was Kessel worth it, Toronto?

It's arguable that Seguin alone makes the trade worth it.. Hamilton on top has the potential of making this deal even worse than the Gomez-McDonaugh trade (mostly because that was pure luck on the Rangers part rather than a calculated risk on Boston's part)

When you throw on a cup win.. :laugh:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
It's arguable that Seguin alone makes the trade worth it.. Hamilton on top has the potential of making this deal even worse than the Gomez-McDonaugh trade (mostly because that was pure luck on the Rangers part rather than a calculated risk on Boston's part)

When you throw on a cup win.. :laugh:

No, Kessel is actually playing well for the Maple Leafs, Gomez sucked for the Habs. I don't think this deal is even close to that deal.

While it weighs in Boston's favor it's not like if Seguin and Hamilton were on the Leafs they would win the cup and Kessel is PPG.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Was Kessel worth it, Toronto?

It's tough, I always felt like it was a 'decent' gamble that completely backfired. Burke probably thought that Kessel put them over the hump as a playoff team and that the picks were going to be closer to #15. They had the #7 picks in 2008 and 2009 (traded up for Luke Schenn in 2008). It was early, but there were at least some indications that scouts thought the 2011 Draft was going to be lackluster.

If the initial pick had resulted in say Gudbranson/Fowler instead of Seguin, the trade wouldn't look so bad. If Toronto had won a couple more games that season, that pick would have been #3............

......remember that game when the McAmmond/Zajac/Pandolfo scored in the last 3 minutes to beat the Leafs 4-3 in regulation? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad