2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part One - Hockey's Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Oilers showing again that they're a paper tiger. I'm sick of hearing "this team is going to be scary good" every year. It's time to show what all those first round draft picks mean.
Apparently by the time they get good, their first round picks are going to be UFAs. Good luck getting any of them to sign long-term....

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Oilers showing again that they're a paper tiger. I'm sick of hearing "this team is going to be scary good" every year. It's time to show what all those first round draft picks mean.

This will be the year, guys.:sarcasm:

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't think you can build a team full of rookies and other young players. Most rookies benefit the most from playing with older guys and veterans in my opinion. It's just really sad that a team picks first overall three years in a row.

By the time they do all mature they'll either lock them all up long term and have a team full of scrubs on the other lines, or they'll lose them to free agency.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I don't think you can build a team full of rookies and other young players. Most rookies benefit the most from playing with older guys and veterans in my opinion. It's just really sad that a team picks first overall three years in a row.

By the time they do all mature they'll either lock them all up long term and have a team full of scrubs on the other lines, or they'll lose them to free agency.
Without a doubt. Look at Florida and the way Florida has gone from being a tank team to a playoff-caliber team. They did it, basically, in a single offseason. There's no reason Edmonton could not do the same. They should be dealing some of that youth for a veteran presence, instead of building for a future that just keeps looking like it's farther away.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009

They could also become Pittsburgh, situations are a little different but definitely similar

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL Saw Yann Danis on the scoresheet. He came in for relief of Dubnyk in Edmonton, and didn't give up any goals!

What happened to the crumbling bulin wall? Did Ronald Reagan tell Tambellini to tear it down once and for all?

apice3*

They could also become Pittsburgh, situations are a little different but definitely similar

HUGE differene between Hall + RNH and Crosby + Malkin.

Oilers draft picks were all solid choices. Penguins draft picks were future elite, can't miss choices.

apice3*

Am I the only one who thinks the Oilers have the worst home jerseys in the NHL?

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
tumblr_m9nbfaf7KZ1rzxv36o1_500.jpg

Apparently yes. I don`t know man, the shoulder area looks as bad as on the Sharks uniform, but otherwise...

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105

I like the Oilers home jersey more than the Islanders home jersey, although the Islanders have a better logo. A shame they got rid of the stripes.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There are some moments where you just have to sit back and be thankful for what Marty has been able to do for this team over the past 20 years....

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-7&id=195059&cmpid=embed-share-video

(I know, he's had his screw ups... )

LOL Nice assist Backstrom!:laugh:

I caught the end of that game, but had no idea that happened. Still the Marty critics will remember the few gaffes he made last year like the one against the Panthers, Flyers, and Rangers. He had one in every series aside from the SCF. Though those gaffes were insignificant for how much that puck handling came into play. Without Marty we don't get that far in the playoffs just for his puck playing alone.

We've all seen what Moose does with the puck!:laugh:

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK

He was beastly tonight, but it still wasn`t enough.

Who would of thought that Philly and Detroit will start the season with 0-3 record?

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ

They need to convince some top Veteran UFA's to sign there to mix in with their young guys

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha it was Parise! I love how the Wild have scored 2 goals in their last 2 games, and both have been from Parise. Not gonna win many games scoring only one goal.

DevilChuk*

Haha it was Parise! I love how the Wild have scored 2 goals in their last 2 games, and both have been from Parise. Not gonna win many games scoring only one goal.

Justice for Devils fans :laugh:

That's what you get for signing with a team that has an atrocious offense. Yea, you'll comprise a larger percentage of their offense but you sure as hell won't be as successful.

Enjoy leading the Wild in goals by a large margin for the next decade!

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Justice for Devils fans :laugh:

That's what you get for signing with a team that has an atrocious offense. Yea, you'll comprise a larger percentage of their offense but you sure as hell won't be as successful.

Enjoy leading the Wild in goals by a large margin for the next decade!

They were doing well, and in 1st place a lot during the first half of last season mostly cause of Backstrom. Winning by 1 goal much of the time. I see it coming around again.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Say what? They added Fistric, that's a playoff D now.

:laugh: I love how they still tell us that none of our defencemen would make their team except as the seventh defenceman. Looks very amusing when we're leading the league in GA and they appear to be tanking again.

Nothing, until they fix that defence and get some veterans who can actually lead the team. They have a bunch of flashy kids on offence, and basically nothing else. Dubnyk isn't leading them to a Cup, neither is anyone on their defence.

.... that's a terrible rule. In no universe should that be a penalty.

(Over the glass rule.)

I've been railing against this for almost 8 years now. It's part of the game now, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad