2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part One - Hockey's Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lindback is so overrated. Lightning will crash and burn with their goaltending, that people are hyping up so much. Their top six offensively is great, their bottom six is average, and their defense is pretty solid, but Lindback is just not a starting NHL goalie right now.

Yeah I said he won't help them much. I just now turned this game on a few minutes ago cause I been out all day with my buddy, and his family who've been here for the weekend. I'm not sure if Lindback is as bad as the score looks either though. Tampa Bay's defense is Al Trautwig BRUTAL! They were brutal last year, and they are now. You can see in the last few minutes between us the other night, and them. They usually get pinned in their zone most of the game.

Roloson sucked last year, but Garon wasn't much better. Their defense is a joke, and it doesn't matter who's in net.

Speaking of brutal the Isles are breaking down a bit now.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I like their defense, but their bottom six forwards are atrocious. Worse than ours, and that's saying something.
You like their defense? Btw. Ohlund is half-dead, Aulie took his place.

And since when is our bottom six bad or close to bad as you make it sound?

apice3*

Lindback is so overrated. Lightning will crash and burn with their goaltending, that people are hyping up so much. Their top six offensively is great, their bottom six is average, and their defense is pretty solid, but Lindback is just not a starting NHL goalie right now.

Is this the first game you've ever seen Lindback? Kid is very talented. He's played well this game. His defense is what's trash, aside from Hedman.,

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
You like their defense? Btw. Ohlund is half-dead, Aulie took his place.

And since when is our bottom six bad or close to bad as you make it sound?

They have some good pieces. It's not as bad as others, but it's average.

Our bottom six of Carter-Gionta-Bernier and Matteau-Josefson-Janssen isn't very pretty.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Is this the first game you've ever seen Lindback? Kid is very talented. He's played well this game. His defense is what's trash, aside from Hedman.,

I've seen him play other games, just not confident with him as a number one goalie. In a tandem or something, they can pull it off, but he's not a number one at least now. He's got a bright future, don't get me wrong.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
They have some good pieces. It's not as bad as others, but it's average.

Our bottom six of Carter-Gionta-Bernier and Matteau-Josefson-Janssen isn't very pretty.
With healthy Henrique and Tedenby or whoever instead of Cam, it`s light years better than theirs. I seriously have no idea what you were thinking typing that previous post.

And Lindback was actually the only Bolts` player that came out to play today, up to this point. Do I think he`s overrated? Yes, but I`d call him a raw talent. They need to work with him and it might pay off.

EDIT: well, we got you wrong simply because of the way you said it. Don`t blame us.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I've seen him play other games, just not confident with him as a number one goalie. In a tandem or something, they can pull it off, but he's not a number one at least now. He's got a bright future, don't get me wrong.

He played during lockout for my team in Finland. Phe-no-me-nal. Aboslutely amazing. Great goalie. #1 starter for sure.

apice3*

I haven't seen Lindback do anything wrong this game. First goal was awful defense, second was a breakaway. Missed the third goal but the Islanders earned the 4th.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
With healthy Henrique and Tedenby or whoever instead of Cam, it`s light years better. I seriously have no idea what you were thinking typing that previous post.

And Lindback was actually the only Bolts` player that came out to play today, up to this point. Do I think he`s overrated? Yes, but I`d call him a raw talent. They need to work with him and it might pay off.

I was talking about right now. With Carter-Gionta-Bernier as technically our third line, our bottom six is not strong at all. When we get healthy, of course, I think it's a lot more solid with CBGB line as the fourth line and Butler/Tedenby-Josefson-Clarkson as the third line.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I was talking about right now. With Carter-Gionta-Bernier as technically our third line, our bottom six is not strong at all. When we get healthy, of course, I think it's a lot more solid with CBGB line as the fourth line and Butler/Tedenby-Josefson-Clarkson as the third line.
Why would anyone compare a healthy lineup vs. a not healthy one...?

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Yeah, Lindback looks like he's in for some trouble until he settles into the start role.
He'll get there eventually.

But this game is all just bad, no good, terrible, mindblowingly awful defense.
Breakdowns nearly every other play.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember when it was rumored Marty might go to play in Tampa Bay? He would have done so awful with them, he would have wanted to retire.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

Agreed. First three goals against Lindback were all breakaways or odd-man rushes. TB gave up 44 shots on goal so Lindback didn't even end up with a bad save percentage.

Also, Hedman's starting to really look like the all-around top pairing guy that everyone assumed he'd be. I really love that kid. Can't wait to see him and Larsson as an Olympic pairing. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad