2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part One - Hockey's Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
God, this game.

I'm pretty much expecting the puck to wind up in the back of the net everytime someone takes a shot on net.

Smith lacking a lot of control in the crease right now.

aaand.. doesn't matter. It's all over now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Alright I thought Emery had something wrong with him. I didn't catch the whole thing, but they were talking about it. I knew he had some kinda disorder or something though so I can't slag him too much for giving up those bad goals. Wasn't he projected to be pretty great at one time? He was pretty good for Ottawa like that year we played them in the playoffs the last time.

Emery has same thing Bo Jackson had (Ended his career)

Had hip surgery and will probably have a difficult time later in life when he is older with his hip

Its reason he is so slow post to post ,, Basically had his hip bone rebuilt

apice3*

Didn't Bo Jackson's career end because he destroyed his knee/hip on a contact injury?

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
He stayed in MLB for another four years after that. Bo was amazing. I wish we had another multi-sport athlete like him today.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Oh, to hear Boomer Esiason crying on the radio about the Rags now being 0-2* (more like 0-4), priceless.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Wild do look sharp, I gotta give them that. Koivu, Heatley, Parise and then grinders like Clutterbuck etc. They might be onto something.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Care to explain that?:amazed:

Mise-O-Jeu Predictions (Sports betting in Quebec). You pick the winner of 16 games over the weekend and whoever gets the most right, wins a certain amount. I was one off from splitting and I'll blame the Rags for not beating the Pens, who I had assumed would be beaten up against the Flyers. Also Nashville for losing to freaking Columbus and Vancouver to Anaheim.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
so watching NHL Tonight I see Minny is using Parise on the point on the PP. He's taking slappers and scored a one timer goal for the win last night.

So much for the goal crease and wrist shot label.

A blind squirrel will find an acorn every now and then

apice3*

so watching NHL Tonight I see Minny is using Parise on the point on the PP. He's taking slappers and scored a one timer goal for the win last night.

So much for the goal crease and wrist shot label.

I think that was a 4 on 3. He kind of rotated to the point.

On opening night, I watched the same Parise try to run the stupid stuff play that we always hated. Of course he managed to get 2 assists out of it instead of shoving the puck into the goalie's pads.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There is such a thing as the element of surprise lol, 'that' won't last although people that thought he was washed up after his knee injury are going to be in for a rude awakening the next couple years.

apice3*

His knee injury was a freak thing. I don't see that being as issue until he gets much older, and even then I don't think it's going to be a problem.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
anyone who thought parise wasn't worth his contract this year are kidding themselves.
anyone who thinks he will still be worth that contract when he's 35 is also, most likely, kidding themselves.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Alright I thought Emery had something wrong with him. I didn't catch the whole thing, but they were talking about it. I knew he had some kinda disorder or something though so I can't slag him too much for giving up those bad goals. Wasn't he projected to be pretty great at one time? He was pretty good for Ottawa like that year we played them in the playoffs the last time.

He was awesome until they played Anaheim in the finals and I don't think he ever fully recovered. And I know he had the same hip problem as Bo Jackson.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Parise doing things with the Wild that he barely, if not just didn't do, with us. Like Steckel actually playing well after he was traded. That bothers me. Then again, a lot of teams are shaking off rust and some players/teams who are better prepared than others are going to look better right out of the gate.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Parise doing things with the Wild that he barely, if not just didn't do, with us. Like Steckel actually playing well after he was traded. That bothers me. Then again, a lot of teams are shaking off rust and some players/teams who are better prepared than others are going to look better right out of the gate.

To be fair, in a 4-on-4 situation, the spot where he scored from would have been Kovalchuk/Zid territory. The two of them would have been rotating and roaming around that area.

He really never was given the space to score that way recently in NJ. So it is what it is, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad