2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part One - Hockey's Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Going to say that alot this year

Emery/Crawford are horrid

To be fair to Emery, Seabrook is at least as much to blame on that one.That's an inexcusable giveaway right in front of your own net. Even an otherwise easy save is a lot tougher when it comes off of a turnover like that.

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ
I love it when the Rangers lose like this, keep picking them to win the cup, even more pressure on them, with this shortend season every game is twice as important, so the rags are off to a 0-4 start. So overrated the rags are.

The Nash acquisition might have added one too many stars to the roster. Their roster reminds me of the late 90's early 00's Rangers when they signed or traded for every star they could get their hands on and sucked in the process.

You can't buy chemistry

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
The Nash acquisition might have added one too many stars to the roster. Their roster reminds me of the late 90's early 00's Rangers when they signed or traded for every star they could get their hands on and sucked in the process.

You can't buy chemistry

Their 93-94 mercenary team would argue otherwise.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Jesus, that was a snipe by Sharpie. Also I know Hawks fans don't like his contract, but good to see Johnny O doing somewhat well.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
i just found out my girlfriend has the NHL Network. This has been a great day.

Mine has a 90" screen in a movie theater room complete with surround sound system and Blu-Ray player.

I openly admit that I'm just going to come over and watch hockey whenever I want and she's cool w/ it.

She better be. That room is ****ing sick. I'll post some pics of it in the thread about nothing sometime

BadFella

Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Leetch and Richter, I'll give you, were true Rangers. Definitely.

Their captain and 3 of the 4 alternates were all mercenaries who had been brought in within the past few years.

Like, 2/3 of their forwards and 1/2 of their defensemen had played in a Stanley Cup final before.

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ
Leetch and Richter, I'll give you, were true Rangers. Definitely.

Their captain and 3 of the 4 alternates were all mercenaries who had been brought in within the past few years.

Like, 2/3 of their forwards and 1/2 of their defensemen had played in a Stanley Cup final before.

I agree, But none of the guys they acquired that year were star players. (Tikkanen, Larmer, Mattaeu, Anderson, Noonan, Kypreos, McTavish) All role players

Whenever they've tried to create these All-Star teams, Historically they've stunk.

In fact, They actually traded away 3 star players in 94 (Gartner, Amonte and Weight) for role players in return.

BadFella

Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Good luck winning the cup without ol' Stephane.

Growing up with all of my friends being Rags fans, Jeff Beukeboom was a crowd favorite. Still a mercenary.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vokoun starting for the Pens? Goodnight. Freebie for the Rangers. As much as I slam Fleury he was damn good yesterday, and one of the reasons Pittsburgh won their game. Vokoun was not that good last year. Don't let the 916 save percentage fool you. If Vokoun is rusty I don't see them having much of a chance.
LOL So I guess I spoke too soon!:laugh:

I honestly think Lundqvist is the best goalie in the league, and a lot of it has to do with his mattress sized pads.
Some people don't agree with me, but the reason goalies post absurd save percentages these days are because they all wear the huge equipment. Back in the day an 875 save percentage was acceptable. The nets have stayed the same size, and the equipment has gotten bigger. I've come to terms with the fact that Lundqvist is a good goalie, and the best in the league, but they all wear huge equipment. Jonathan Quick's is just as ridiculous, Mike Smith looks like a stuffed mushroom too, and Luongo, and pretty much everybody nowadays. Even Marty upgraded his, but his upper body stuff is still pretty light. His leg pads have risen in height some, but still aren't too wide.

I don't believe the goalies are better today than they were (Some of them legit are, but not all of them) it's the equipment. They take up more net. Look at Patrick Roy. He wore some of the biggest equipment in the league his last few years, and posted 920, 930 save percentages. Years earlier he was posting 910, 907, etc.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Were a lot of Hawks playing elsewhere during the lockout?

They're one of the few teams that look real good and ready to play.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Mike Smith might be a flash in the pan. A decent goalie, but not what he was last year.

Nice shootout win for the Oilers. Hemsky beats Luu with a sick move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad