2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part One - Hockey's Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Frolik - Czech league
Stalberg - Sweden
Kane - Swiss League
Oduya - Thai league
Leddy/Shaw/Kruger/Saad/Bollig - AHL

Of the Devils opening night lineup, only Kovalchuk, Josefson, Tedenby, Little Gionta and Matteau had played any meaningful hockey in the past month.

It showed.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
I think Mike Smith might be a flash in the pan. A decent goalie, but not what he was last year.

Nice shootout win for the Oilers. Hemsky beats Luu with a sick move.

He plays a less conventional style, and is also more reliant than most goalies on his team's defensive structure. I think he'll stabilize as the Yotes (and all teams) get their system play in order, and he can establish a rhythm. I'm not too concerned yet, although I will be in a few weeks if he's still not playing well. I traded Bryzgalov and a few players for Smith and a few players in my dynasty fantasy league last season, at Bryz's lowest of lows.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Nash acquisition might have added one too many stars to the roster. Their roster reminds me of the late 90's early 00's Rangers when they signed or traded for every star they could get their hands on and sucked in the process.

You can't buy chemistry

In the interest of fairness, the Rangers have played two very good teams so far. And they only have three guys you can really consider 'merc' stars...Gaborik, Richards and Nash. Lundqvist is home-grown and not a merc.

That said, I don't think it's so much adding Nash that hurts them as it is losing key role players (Dubinsky/Prust/Anisimov).

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He plays a less conventional style, and is also more reliant than most goalies on his team's defensive structure. I think he'll stabilize as the Yotes (and all teams) get their system play in order, and he can establish a rhythm. I'm not too concerned yet, although I will be in a few weeks if he's still not playing well. I traded Bryzgalov and a few players for Smith and a few players in my dynasty fantasy league last season, at Bryz's lowest of lows.

I'm not even judging him on this game. I can just see him turning out higher average to average and not elite.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Great game so far. Traded momentum. Still a little bit of lingering heat from last year's playoffs.

Not exactly helping me get to bed on time, but one of the more entertaining games today.

apice3*

Is it just me or is Hossa the best player in the world every year for the first two weeks of the season?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is one of the worst goaltended games I've seen in a while. Not because of the score, but because the goals scored have been legit bad for the goaltenders to give up.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kruger/Frolik playing well especially on PK tonight

Both are -2 though because of poor goaltending/mistakes not made by them

That is good example of why +/- is not good judge of a player

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Alright I thought Emery had something wrong with him. I didn't catch the whole thing, but they were talking about it. I knew he had some kinda disorder or something though so I can't slag him too much for giving up those bad goals. Wasn't he projected to be pretty great at one time? He was pretty good for Ottawa like that year we played them in the playoffs the last time.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Alright I thought Emery had something wrong with him. I didn't catch the whole thing, but they were talking about it. I knew he had some kinda disorder or something though so I can't slag him too much for giving up those bad goals. Wasn't he projected to be pretty great at one time? He was pretty good for Ottawa like that year we played them in the playoffs the last time.

a wizard did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad