Proposal: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, and Potential Buyouts | Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A bigger part of the core is Karlsson. I'm not suggesting at all that he will be the next captain. I have no idea what either player is like in the room or how they are respected by their teammates. I'm simply pointing out that 65 isn't too young, and that if spezza doesn't have the leadership ability, then I could easily see 65 being the next guy in line.

I don't see how Karlsson is any bigger part of the core than Spezza is.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Nacho chips - Corn based - Gluten free
Nacho Cheese - Oil based - Gluten free
Sour Cream - Milk based - Gluten free
Salsa - Tomato based - Gluten free

Yup. We are safe.

Also, would prefer someone younger than Leopold.

At first glance, I totally thought this was an attempted roster of nachos and nacho-related products. I was gonna ask what the D pairing was and why you have this "Free" character quadruple-shifting.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I'll never believe the source mumbo jumbo until someone explicitly makes a prediction that comes true. Even just one of those wouldn't be enough, it can always be a coincidence or something that was highly likely in the first place. E.g. Trading Ryan.

Thats how you get confirmed as a source, making spot on 'predictions'. Called several signings for pretty exact terms a few times, as well as a few other things (including the fact that Karlsson would be back before playoffs, about 3-4 weeks before he did). But if you dont want to believe it thats fine, there is much up in the air anyways and I can see why anyone would be doubtful.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Thats how you get confirmed as a source, making spot on 'predictions'. Called several signings for pretty exact terms a few times, as well as a few other things (including the fact that Karlsson would be back before playoffs, about 3-4 weeks before he did). But if you dont want to believe it thats fine, there is much up in the air anyways and I can see why anyone would be doubtful.

OK then "insider" can you confirm that Alfresson's nachos were gluten free ?:D

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Colorado pick Nathan MacKennon, does that mean that O'Reilly could be up for grabs? At 22 yrs old he would be worth pursuing as insurance should Spezza continue to have back problems or as a backup for when Spezza retires or both.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
If Colorado pick Nathan MacKennon, does that mean that O'Reilly could be up for grabs? At 22 yrs old he would be worth pursuing as insurance should Spezza continue to have back problems or as a backup for when Spezza retires or both.

I really think they're just trying to make Florida or Tampa pay the price to move up to 1st overall by saying they're going to take a forward. I still think in my heart of hearts that Jones is there guy.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
If Colorado pick Nathan MacKennon, does that mean that O'Reilly could be up for grabs? At 22 yrs old he would be worth pursuing as insurance should Spezza continue to have back problems or as a backup for when Spezza retires or both.[/Q

Let me guess for Conacher !!

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Not available for trade until Feb 28th

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

Stastny. Expiring contract, production has dropped off for 3seasons now and cap hit is huge.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
At first glance, I totally thought this was an attempted roster of nachos and nacho-related products. I was gonna ask what the D pairing was and why you have this "Free" character quadruple-shifting.

I realized that after I posted it too lol.

Also, Glutten free is being way over played being on every line.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Doubt Spezza will still produce like a 1st liner past 35. Ideally he'd be traded right before his decline to maximize his value, and ideally the Sens would have someone who could immediately step in and fill the void at that time (Monahan).

To me Monahan won't be a top 6 forward for another 3-4 years and 1st liner for 5-6 years. Fits perfectly along the lines of Spezza's decline.

This line of thinking is infuriating. If you know he is declining so you trade him to maximize his value in x amount of years before he declines , well then I am pretty sure every GM scout agm ect.. also knows he is about to decline. Players value do not fluctuate that frequently.

I would love to be able to fool every gm and win every trade but it is not even close to realistic.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
then I am pretty sure every GM scout agm ect.. also knows he is about to decline.
Shhhhh, don't be too loud or other gms may see the real Spezza. In his defense, his trades are probably fair in value and prefers lesser but younger players over an older but better player, I prefer the older player because I see Spezza being able to keep up his play for a long time.

Personally Spezza and his NTC means we have no absolute control over him and we should just be lucky that he's an elite #1 that wants to play here.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
This line of thinking is infuriating. If you know he is declining so you trade him to maximize his value in x amount of years before he declines , well then I am pretty sure every GM scout agm ect.. also knows he is about to decline. Players value do not fluctuate that frequently.

I would love to be able to fool every gm and win every trade but it is not even close to realistic.

Agreed, but I get frustrated with the "player x may decline, trade him now!" line of thought for an entire different reason. If trading away experienced players when their point production drops is a good idea, then the biggest mistake the Sens have made over the past decade is not giving up Alfie for a 1st and a 2nd when his PPG started to dip. This is total nonsense of course. Players have value beyond their point production, and Spezza is getting set to be the next captain after Alfie retires.

Just think of where we would have been this past year if we decided to dump Alfie, Neil, and Phillips for younger players a few seasons back when their value supposedly was at its peak.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spezza has been over a ppg almost his entire career, and in the playoffs. He has since developed his faceoffs to be one of the better top faceoff men in the league as well as becoming responsible defensively. Why you would ever want to trade one of the best players, let alone centres, in the league in his prime I will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad