2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For the billionth time I posted this in the wrong thread.

Oh well **** Tallinder.

DevilsAnimal*

Its not Tallinder's fault when we only have one goal (now two)

thats like saying we need goaltending because we lost 1-0

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's not his fault the Devils couldn't get an even strength goal the first 2 periods. However Marty made a save on that PP goal the first one. Marty is in no position to cover that rebound. Tallinder, and whoever was opposite him need to clear that.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils winning and not scoring in the first couple periods doesn't change the fact that Tallinder was ****ing awful tonight.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can honestly see us either having to trade Tallinder for a late round pick, or using an amnesty buyout on him cause he's terrible. Not even kidding. 2 of the last 3 games have been a joke. I don't think it's rust, I think he just SUCKS!

He's been a shell of the defenseman he was in Buffalo his entire time in Jersey. Other than the half season with Lemaire. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS expect Tallinder to lose his man.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
It was a good portion Greene's fault on that PP goal. Tally had to come across and he got juked out a bit. Greene was still stuck up ice from the rush and Tally had to cover an extra guy.

Just saying.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd trade Tallinder for Foster right now.

Ew, no...unless you just want to shed salary and send Foster to Albany.

I think the 'experiment' is over after tonight, he only got two minutes in the third period.

apice3*

Ew, no...unless you just want to shed salary and send Foster to Albany.

I think the 'experiment' is over after tonight, he only got two minutes in the third period.

We were also on the PP for nearly 10 minutes, so I'm hesitant to say for sure he's done, but really hope Fayne gets in.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We were also on the PP for nearly 10 minutes, so I'm hesitant to say for sure he's done, but really hope Fayne gets in.

It was actually like 7:15 in the third period. It seemed like more because of the 5-on-3's but it wasn't, there was still plenty of time to have him get a regular shift.

If he isn't scratched/gone on Saturday I think half this board including me will be making a visit to the funny farm.

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
I'm willing to give him some more time to snap out of this. He was a very solid d-man before his injury, and has played how many games since? Not many... You guys are being too hard on him, IMO.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Twitter? Who the **** do you guys follow on Twitter that's bashing Fayne?

Of course the staff themselves don't seem too high on him now...

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not me. I think he's been pure trash since we got him. An awful half season like the rest of the team. A great second half like the rest of the team. Nothing impressive in 11/12. Same old **** as now. Also caused a bunch of shorties during that period we were giving them up every other game. Looked like he belonged on the side of the Turnpike during construction last year too before he got injured.

Now he's just playing Foster bad, but he's just **** now. I honestly think if Lou can't get **** for him there's at least one of our amnesty buyouts. He's a shell of who he was in Buffalo. A crushed broken pistachio shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad