2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Get tallinder the **** outta here. We need to give our prospects a chance, they're not going to be prospects forever. How are we going to know if they can handle the NHL or not if we don't give them the chance to prove themselves. Do people not remember how Fayne came out of nowhere and made a name for himself? He'd barely even played in the AHL before being called up. Urbom has 3 AHL seasons behind him after this season, Gelinas 2. Tallinder is just playing 3rd pair min atm, I think we can trust Urbom/Gelinas with that responsibility and let them grow and evolve their game at the NHL level. If not just use Harrold instead. Saving cap space and getting rid of Tallinder's salary is just an added bonus which we can use for other signings.

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
Get tallinder the **** outta here. We need to give our prospects a chance, they're not going to be prospects forever. How are we going to know if they can handle the NHL or not if we don't give them the chance to prove themselves. Do people not remember how Fayne came out of nowhere and made a name for himself? He'd barely even played in the AHL before being called up. Urbom has 3 AHL seasons behind him after this season, Gelinas 2. Tallinder is just playing 3rd pair min atm, I think we can trust Urbom/Gelinas with that responsibility and let them grow and evolve their game at the NHL level. If not just use Harrold instead.

If the franchise had any reservations of bringing up any prospects then they would not have gone into the season with eight defensemen in the first place. The sad part is they are going to have to wait one more year. Tallinder was a great player before he was hurt. We need to stop having knee jerk reactions and try to keep a level head. Yes it is hard to stand back when THREE veteran defensemen are struggling (especially the one who has the C, he needs to step up and fast) and it sucks to watch Fayne get scratched but patience my friend

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Luckily lou won't bring in a rookie and pencil him into a starting spot without giving him a test drive first. I don't want a situation like Minny where they just put Granlund in as a top 2C and had it go bad, Lou doesn't usually do that either. Good on him.

They basically did the same thing with Larsson last year. Most other rookies aren't going to be any higher than third pairing on this team in all likelihood.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
They basically did the same thing with Larsson last year. Most other rookies aren't going to be any higher than third pairing on this team in all likelihood.

And Pete has openly stated he regrets giving him as much to do as he did last year.

Point being that you have to demonstrate that you belong in order to belong. Larsson was very borderline but his breakouts were sorely needed and his puck presence was utilized every game until we got Zidlicky which helped diminish the need for Larsson.

If we have dmen who we have been watching play for 2-3 years and they haven't had a chance, then I suspect that they will need 3-4 before the callup.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

They did that with Larsson cause the rest of our blueliners were real poor at the one thing DeBoer likes do with his system... counter attack and have a solid transition game.

Larsson was and still is our best d-men when it comes to moving from defence to offense.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
With the lack of a training camp, there's not much for the D in Albany to look forward to. We don't even have room for the guys already on our roster.

My guess is that Gelinas will take Zidlicky's spot next year. He's having another strong pro season so far.

Urbom/Burlon are both turning 23 this year and deserve a shot or trade soon. I thought Urbom looked pretty good a couple of years ago.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gelinas will only take Zidlicky's spot if Tallinder is gone. If he's not then we already have 6 NHL caliber defensemen. Unless we do this **** again, and don't re sign Harrold and just let someone else who's full time become the number 7.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
While hockey in Central Park would be pretty amazing, I can't imagine what kind of security risk that would pose. Having thousands and thousands of people roaming around the park at once sounds impossible to maintain compared to enclosed area like an stadium.

I'm sure they can make it work. Concerts are held there all the time. Likely not quite the crowd numbers of what this game would have, but I'm sure there have been other significant social/political/entertainment events within the last 10 years that have probably approached similar numbers, right?

lucscaps

Jun 20, 2005
guelph, ont
I'm not opposed to moving him for help at forward, as I said in my post. But I completely disagree with the notion that an entry-level defenseman can replace what Tallinder brings, that's just not true. You can't get rid of a roster defenseman just because a prospect has the potential to replace that player.

Think back to when Lou traded odelien for quint to open a spot for a rc dman named colin white.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
If the franchise had any reservations of bringing up any prospects then they would not have gone into the season with eight defensemen in the first place. The sad part is they are going to have to wait one more year. Tallinder was a great player before he was hurt. We need to stop having knee jerk reactions and try to keep a level head. Yes it is hard to stand back when THREE veteran defensemen are struggling (especially the one who has the C, he needs to step up and fast) and it sucks to watch Fayne get scratched but patience my friend

Hey, whoa, rational and levelheaded thinking isn't allowed here.

apice3*

I wasn't even impressed with Tallinder before the bloodclot. He has only been productive under Lemaire.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Think back to when Lou traded odelien for quint to open a spot for a rc dman named colin white.

The idea of that trade was to have Quint playing. Lou had no idea the guy would come into a workout hung over and get himself thrown off the team.

Ds88

Jun 21, 2009
As much as I want to see Volch or Tallinder traded we probably won't see that trade until it gets closer to the deadline. Teams are still evaluating what they have and what they will need. Most teams are still in the playoff hunt. When you start to see the top 16 solidify I think that'll be when the transactions start to happen.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Tallinder must go....NOW

It worked once, so it better work again.

We can have a trade centralized to blasting Tallinder for his awful play.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
maybe if we put him out on the curb like an old couch someone will drive by and take him

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well Minnesota got a #2 and a #3 for Zidlicky, who wasn't playing for them...but Tallinder isn't a PMD unfortnately.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Best thread this season so far. Let's see feed me a stray cat, and CORSI worshippers defending him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad