2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well I'll just do it for fun:

Verbeek/Muller (?) -Holik-Shanahan
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
Crash Line (?)
Lemieux (?) -Dowd- Guerin/Rolston

Daneyko-Stevens
Niedermayer-Driver
Albelin-Fetisov (?) Rafalski (?)

Terreri
Burke (?)

Omitted MacLean because he's coaching with Carolina. I figured if the Devils do it, they'd probably allow Stevens to play. I think we all know who the coach will be :laugh: He would've coached all of these players I think too.

Well you have Holik twice since he's part of the crash line lol. I think Burke is a goaltending coach somewhere so I'm not sure he'd be able to play (if we're playing hypothetical Winter Classic lineup in two years). If it was a Devils-Rangers alumni game maybe Shanny would play half the game for both teams :sarcasm:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate Burke. He didn't exactly leave under the best circumstances either. He *****ed and complained about losing the starting job to Terreri who was clearly better by this time. Then he sat out a year before we traded him to Hartford for Holik, and the 2nd rounder that became Jay Pandolfo.

He's now the goalie coach in Phoenix.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think Lindy Ruff was with the Sabres for too long, I'm sure he'll get an opportunity elsewhere though I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to take a little break from the game first. (but with coaching, you probably don't have that luxury)

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
I would love to see a Devils-Flyers Winter Classic at High Point Solutions Stadium or a Devils-Rangers one at Metlife Stadium. Both would have a "neutral ground" feel that the NHL would love for a game this big.

Next year is going to be a make-up for DET-TOR so even at the absolute earliest Brodeur will be retired so I think he'd be eligible for the alumni game. Stevens would be allowed since he is a Devils coach (just like Terreri). Nieds and MacLean would probably have a more difficult time to get free, though I could see Anaheim let Nieds if he really wanted to do it.

Rolston-Arnott-Sykora
Muller-Holik-Shanahan
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
Lemieux-Dowd-???

Daneyko-Stevens
Nieds (if he can come)-Driver
Abelin-White

Brodeur
Terreri

DevilChuk*

I would love to see a Devils-Flyers Winter Classic at High Point Solutions Stadium or a Devils-Rangers one at Metlife Stadium. Both would have a "neutral ground" feel that the NHL would love for a game this big.

Next year is going to be a make-up for DET-TOR so even at the absolute earliest Brodeur will be retired so I think he'd be eligible for the alumni game. Stevens would be allowed since he is a Devils coach (just like Terreri). Nieds and MacLean would probably have a more difficult time to get free, though I could see Anaheim let Nieds if he really wanted to do it.

Rolston-Arnott-Sykora
Muller-Holik-Shanahan
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
Lemieux-Dowd-???

Daneyko-Stevens
Abelin-White

Brodeur
Terreri

Winter Classic will never be at High Point Solutions Stadium. That thing is beyond small.

DevilChuk*

Both the Jets and the Giants have made the playoffs the same number of times (seven) since 1998...just saying.

Wild Card weekend is usually around New Year's...what happens if either team is at home then (never mind both)?

You have to go pretty far back to make the Jets equal to the Giants in that regard.. I wonder why. Besides, the Giants have had 3 SB appearances and 2 wins in that span..

Wild card weekend is not that weekend. Week 17 is usually around New Year's. Last year, week 17 was New Year's day so the WC was on Jan 2.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You have to go pretty far back to make the Jets equal to the Giants in that regard.. I wonder why. Besides, the Giants have had 3 SB appearances and 2 wins in that span..

Wild card weekend is not that weekend. Week 17 is usually around New Year's. Last year, week 17 was New Year's day so the WC was on Jan 2.

Not really...actually it was my intent to go as far back as possible. If you want to use a smaller size sample the Jets have more playoff appearances in the last four years.

Everyone knows the Giants' success (being a boom or bust team), but you were laughing at the mere notion of the Jets in the playoffs. The Jets really haven't been a 'bad' team for more than a year or two at a time since the mid '90's, although you wouldn't know it judging by the people who treat us like we're the Browns or Raiders.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
How come Martin Brodeur is Still So Good?

24brodeur1-articleLarge.jpg

The best hockey player in the New York area right now is also one of the greatest hockey players ever, and he’s a Methuselah, a 40-year-old in a sport where pro careers typically last five or six years. Martin Brodeur, now in his 20th season with the New Jersey Devils, has played so well for so long that even hockey people have tended to take him a little for granted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/m...in-brodeur-is-still-so-good.html?ref=magazine

Haven't read the article yet, but probably going to stop by BN to see if they have a copy of the magazine.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The NHL would always love Yankee Stadium but can't because of the contract with the Pinstripe Bowl there. There's always Citi Field, but if the NHL would go for that, I can't see it being for a matchup with the Devils (even if the Rangers were the host team). The Devils real best bet at making one would probably be as the road team because I can't see MetLife working out. But then what rivalry would they really have unless it was against the Rangers?

If for whatever reason the Devils and Rangers had another huge playoff series this season or next though, I could see them considering that for a Winter Classic if the league is really crazy about the venue they can land.

Well if the Isles ever got their **** together you could do Devils vs Isles at Citi Field.

OMG that Marty pic needs to be saved because it will prove to be so very very useful.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Where is why Pattyshurgs.gif when needed? :laugh:

Like this quote from the times article "He also trusts Lamoriello, a formal and sometimes forbidding character who in his wardrobe and demeanor seems less a hockey executive than an undertaker. Lamoriello is a famously tough, tight-pursed negotiator who has created for the Devils a strict, defense-based system that prizes the team over the individual and is not reluctant to dump players who don’t accept the team philosophy."

Jesus Lou is the undertaker now!!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Rolston-Arnott-Sykora
Muller-Holik-Shanahan
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
Lemieux-Dowd-???

Daneyko-Stevens
Abelin-White

Brodeur
Terreri

I'd be surprised if Brodeur is not playing in 2014-2015,

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Winter Classic will never be at High Point Solutions Stadium. That thing is beyond small.

Holds 55K now, and expansion probably in order in the next decade. But with Metlife and Yankee's stadium in the area. U R right, High point will never get that game.

Well if the Isles ever got their **** together you could do Devils vs Isles at Citi Field.

Whenever NY/NJ get's a game, Rangers will be playing in it.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
nic cage, you've been replaced :laugh:

first zack braff, now miley..devils hats in style now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad