2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
terreri, albelin, brylin, dowd, daneyko and holik would all play im sure. Maybe rafalski too. Not sure who else. Hard to know who still skates and what not.

Well I'll just do it for fun:

Verbeek/Muller (?) -Holik-Shanahan
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
Crash Line (?)
Lemieux (?) -Dowd- Guerin/Rolston

Daneyko-Stevens
Niedermayer-Driver
Albelin-Fetisov (?) Rafalski (?)

Terreri
Burke (?)

Omitted MacLean because he's coaching with Carolina. I figured if the Devils do it, they'd probably allow Stevens to play. I think we all know who the coach will be :laugh: He would've coached all of these players I think too.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if Chico would be down? If Terreri plays the whole game he can just sit stay on the bench and dress as backup.

Semak

hey hey not so fast. Rookie post buys the round of drinks.

Gimme a small batch bourbon and welcome aboard.

Did you make him sing the NJD HF Boards fight song yet?

Claude has to play and Chico has to be in net mic'ed up for any WCAG.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sykora will drive alumni team bus on the way to Yankee Stadium! Cause you know that's where it'll be!:laugh:

apice3*

Well I'll just do it for fun:

Verbeek/Muller (?) -Holik-Shanahan
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
Crash Line (?)
Lemieux (?) -Dowd- Guerin/Rolston

Daneyko-Stevens
Niedermayer-Driver
Albelin-Fetisov (?) Rafalski (?)

Terreri
Burke (?)

Omitted MacLean because he's coaching with Carolina. I figured if the Devils do it, they'd probably allow Stevens to play. I think we all know who the coach will be :laugh: He would've coached all of these players I think too.

Niedermayer and Stevens are coaches and I doubt they'd play. Pandolfo is still active, I think Madden and Rolston are still holding out hope for jobs somewhere. I'm not sure if Shanahan is in a position to play either. It's too hard to speculate.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wonder if Chico would be down? If Terreri plays the whole game he can just sit stay on the bench and dress as backup.

Chico would have to be the back up. And for ***** and giggles let Marty play both the alumni and the real game. :laugh:

If they ever let us play a Winter Classic it would definitely be against the Rags, and it would be at Yankee Stadium.

And THAT is our problem this year. We are missing our bus driver!!! Sign Sykora just to drive the bus!!!

apice3*

I don't think we get a Winter Cassic until Lou retires. I don't see him letting cameras role on the team 24/7.

DevilChuk*

I don't think we get a Winter Cassic until Lou retires. I don't see him letting cameras role on the team 24/7.

While I don't think we'll be in the running for a Winter Classic anytime soon (outside shot of us vs. NYR if we meet again in the playoffs for another good series between now and then).. Lou won't be able to say no.

VBK would have authority there and there's no way in hell any franchise passes up the opportunity to play in a WC. Too much exposure and $$$.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Madden officially announced his retirement though over the Summer. He's now a scout for the Habs.

apice3*

The league picked NYR/PHI over us last time, I don't see why it would change a second time around.

In past years we've had PIT/BUF, BOS/PHI, and this year would have been DET/TOR. I don't think the NHL cares about a rivalry. People are going to watch regardlsess.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The league picked NYR/PHI over us last time, I don't see why it would change a second time around.

In past years we've had PIT/BUF, BOS/PHI, and this year would have been DET/TOR. I don't think the NHL cares about a rivalry. People are going to watch regardlsess.

Exactly.

They also wouldn't want two markets crammed into one.

The more diverse they get, the better.

DevilChuk*

Devils officially back in 1st place in the Atlantic Division due to GP tiebreaker!

Let's keep it this time..

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was so excited to say the same thing I need to be quicker on the draw also any love for Alex Mogilny?

Mogilny didn't exactly end his career on the best terms with the Devils. I don't think he'd be involved.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Grant Marshall has to be in any Devils alum lineup, he basically lives at the Rock with all the appearances he makes here :laugh:

But no I don't think we'll be getting any Winter Classics any time soon. Certainly not at home, where exactly would it be played - MetLife? That's pretty hard considering both the Jets and the Giants play there and the NFL season would just be winding down with maybe one or both teams going to the playoffs.

They'll recycle every matchup in the other team's venue (Philly playing NY at Central Park or wherever, Pens at Caps in RFK, etc) before they start branching out to 'non-marquee' markets.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
But no I don't think we'll be getting any Winter Classics any time soon. Certainly not at home, where exactly would it be played - MetLife? That's pretty hard considering both the Jets and the Giants play there and the NFL season would just be winding down with maybe one or both teams going to the playoffs.

They'll recycle every matchup in the other team's venue (Philly playing NY at Central Park or wherever, Pens at Caps in RFK, etc) before they start branching out to 'non-marquee' markets.

The NHL would always love Yankee Stadium but can't because of the contract with the Pinstripe Bowl there. There's always Citi Field, but if the NHL would go for that, I can't see it being for a matchup with the Devils (even if the Rangers were the host team). The Devils real best bet at making one would probably be as the road team because I can't see MetLife working out. But then what rivalry would they really have unless it was against the Rangers?

If for whatever reason the Devils and Rangers had another huge playoff series this season or next though, I could see them considering that for a Winter Classic if the league is really crazy about the venue they can land.

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
okay here is my attempt at making a team (if these guys could still put on skates or get away from their responsibilities for the game)

Petr Sykora - Jason Arnott - John MacClean
Randy McKay - Brendon Shanahan - Brian Rolston
Valerie Zelepukin - Bobby Holik - Claude Lemieux
Sergei Brylin - John Madden - Grant Marshall

Scott Stevens - Ken Daneyko
Scott Niedermayer - Colin White
Bruce Driver

Chico and Terreri in net

DevilChuk*

The NHL would always love Yankee Stadium but can't because of the contract with the Pinstripe Bowl there. There's always Citi Field, but if the NHL would go for that, I can't see it being for a matchup with the Devils (even if the Rangers were the host team). The Devils real best bet at making one would probably be as the road team because I can't see MetLife working out. But then what rivalry would they really have unless it was against the Rangers?

If for whatever reason the Devils and Rangers had another huge playoff series this season or next though, I could see them considering that for a Winter Classic if the league is really crazy about the venue they can land.

yea, that's what I said earlier.

It only happens if the Devils meet the Rangers for another good series in the 2nd round/ECF.

Why wouldn't it work out at Metlife though? Would be tough with the Giants/Jets so they'd have to play Week 17 on the road but can't be that hard. How long do they usually need for the rink?

DevilChuk*

Grant Marshall has to be in any Devils alum lineup, he basically lives at the Rock with all the appearances he makes here :laugh:

Jets making the playoffs :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jets making the playoffs :laugh:

Both the Jets and the Giants have made the playoffs the same number of times (seven) since 1998...just saying.

Why wouldn't it work out at Metlife though? Would be tough with the Giants/Jets so they'd have to play Week 17 on the road but can't be that hard. How long do they usually need for the rink?

Wild Card weekend is usually around New Year's...what happens if either team is at home then (never mind both)?

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maclean wouldn't do it cause he coaches another team. Though maybe this means nothing? Shanahan could maybe. Rolston seems like he wouldn't. Claude Lemieux maybe maybe not?

Colin White probably would.

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
Maclean wouldn't do it cause he coaches another team. Though maybe this means nothing? Shanahan could maybe. Rolston seems like he wouldn't. Claude Lemieux maybe maybe not?

Colin White probably would.

I feel like the alumni games is an exception to such rules and when would he ever get another chance to do it the Devils aren't playing in this thing every year like Pittsburgh was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad