2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Speed is a necessity. We have enough big bodies in the lineup.

A line of Zubrus/Antropov/Poni would be a nightmare against speedy forwards like Grabner or Hagelin.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Devils don't have enough of that speed, unfortunately.

They need to get some real speedy players on the team.

Well. It's not so much just speed. Case in point is a guy like Tedenby. They need more than just speed and fancy moves, they need guys who can carry the puck quickly and effectively and create opportunities.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Well. It's not so much just speed. Case in point is a guy like Tedenby. They need more than just speed and fancy moves, they need guys who can carry the puck quickly and effectively and create opportunities.

Like manila said above. We have the big bodied players like Poni, Zajac, Kovalchuk, Clarkson, Carter, Bernier, etc, we need the guys that will add another element to some of those lines.

Not necessarily a guy that is fast but not strong, but someone like Stalberg would be a nice fit, or Cogliano in a third line role. Just to add a different dimension to some of our lines.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Wow, I didn't realize how atrocious the Senators line up looks like. If we lose to them I'd be absolutely pissed. Their line-up:

Condra-Turris-Silvferberg
Zibanejad-Da Costa-Alfredsson
Daugavins-Smith-Neil
Dziurzynski-Grant-O'Brien

Methot-Gryba
Gonchar-Benoit
Lundin-Phillips

Wow....they are seriously missing Spezza and Karlsson

Last edited:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Wow, I didn't realize how atrocious the Senators line up looks like. If we lose to them I'd be absolutely pissed. Their line-up:

Daugavins-Smith-Neil

Methot-Gryba
Gonchar-Benoit
Lundin-Phillips

Wow....they are seriously missing Spezza and Alfredsson.
Karlsson.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And Michalek's out a couple games too.

Yeah, that'd basically be us missing Kovalchuk, Zajac and Greene.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Spezza, Karlsson, Michalek, Cowen, Latendresse & Regin

They've got no luck. That's arguably their two best forwards and two best D.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

Daugavins-Smith-Neil

Methot-Gryba
Gonchar-Benoit
Lundin-Phillips

Wow....they are seriously missing Spezza and Karlsson

I beg to differ, Marty is starting, how many of these guys dont have any career goals yet? :sarcasm:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I beg to differ, Marty is starting, how many of these guys dont have any career goals yet? :sarcasm:

Oh gee, you had to go there :laugh:

By my count Dzizurnski (sp?), Grant, Gryba and Benoit are all goal-less...the latter two are defensemen. No Marty shutout tomorrow :sarcasm:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't know where to put this, but I just looked at Jagr's elite prospects profile, and this statline jumped out at me.

In the 94-95 lockout he played for a third tier German team, Gelsenkirchener EC and in one game, put up 1g and 10a.

I couldn't help but laugh my ass off when I saw that.

kiwidevil

Playing decimated teams are barely ever a cake walk.

They are not being replaced by people off the street. Most of them are potential NHLer's who are hungrier than anyone.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We've given up 5 goals each game Fayne has sat out. I don't like that. If they feel they must use Conerik, then sit Barch and play 7 D like we did with Foster. I don't feel confident with Cone Henrik even with his typical 14-16 minutes of ice time.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We've given up 5 goals each game Fayne has sat out. I don't like that. If they feel they must use Conerik, then sit Barch and play 7 D like we did with Foster. I don't feel confident with Cone Henrik even with his typical 14-16 minutes of ice time.

Damn you are right, that is a crazy little stat. CORSI be damned, Fayne is pretty valuable to this team clearly.

Also never let Sal and Volch be a pair again. So much slow and grenade handling should not be a pair.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Damn you are right, that is a crazy little stat. CORSI be damned, Fayne is pretty valuable to this team clearly.

Also never let Sal and Volch be a pair again. So much slow and grenade handling should not be a pair.

Yeah Conerik is ****. Never liked him. Still have nightmares about him from under Maclean, and even before he got injured last year. That Calgary game last year was tough to watch despite the bad goaltending. He also played a big part in that disaster of suck.

I'm a little worried about the PK. It went from 8th in the league to 19th in a week. Although our PP went from 14th to 8th in a week.

It's funny that every time our PP was hot last year(Which wasn't a lot) our PK would falter a little bit. It was very coincidental, and it seems to be this year too.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
TG's latest blog:

Devils looking to regain their edge after three-game lull; Penalty kill searching for answers

I don't know how to describe it well, but I really just like this team's attitude.
The way they can dissect issues accordingly.

How they compose themselves after wins and losses.

I give a large amount of credit to Pete. He's become fluent Louspeak and still finds a way to be upfront and honest.

Solid, smart attitude in that locker room -- based on what we're able to see.
I always nose around other beat reporters write ups to see what's going on around the league and our guys never fail to impress.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
TG's latest blog:

Devils looking to regain their edge after three-game lull; Penalty kill searching for answers

I don't know how to describe it well, but I really just like this team's attitude.
The way they can dissect issues accordingly.

How they compose themselves after wins and losses.

I give a large amount of credit to Pete. He's become fluent Louspeak and still finds a way to be upfront and honest.

Solid, smart attitude in that locker room -- based on what we're able to see.
I always nose around other beat reporters write ups to see what's going on around the league and our guys never fail to impress.

Agreed 100%. I feel like Pete is key in this teams chemistry. He as a grip on this team.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
The more a hold on this team deebo has, and he's got it on lockdown thankfully, the more I can see weiss being acquired. And I'm ok with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad