2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Poor Teddy

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell
Wow. Kid can't catch a break RT @unchoehne2306: Tedenby took a skate to the face in Glens Falls tonight and had 133 stitches

Poor Teddy. That must have hurt something fierce.

Patty tied for 5th in the league in scoring, Clarkson and Kovy tied with others in top 10 also

But barely anybody else on the team is scoring. I won't complain though. We're winning, so it doesn't matter who is doing the heavy lifting.

DevilChuk*

New Jersey Devils
We got off to a quick start but Philly came roaring back with 3 goals. Simmonds, Knuble and Read scored. We had some chances as Clarkson hit the post and Henrique missed on an open net. We need to capitalize in the second. Let’s Go!

That's the way every social media talks now. It makes it look like they are connected to the team and fans instead of just being robots.

That sounds very robotic and monotonous. You don't start three straight sentences with "we," sorry.

"Zajac got us started early but the Flyers roared back with 3 straight goals from Simmonds, Knuble and Read! We're still 2 goals down but the offense has been close. Clarkson rang one of the post and Henrique barely missed a wide open net! Let's capitalize on our chances in the second period!! Go Devils!!"

The way they had it literally sounds like my 4th grade teacher asked me to write a summary of the first period. "We did this. We then also did that. We next will do this." Stupid.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
and thats where the BS from Wild fans began on how they great of a win the trade was - how the familiarity of Foster and Vellueix would be solid additions, the potential of Palmieri, and the picks

and all we got was some washed up, poor attitude defensemen :laugh:

but Fletcher is the best GM in the league brah, reeled in that deal and made two big FA signings!

Love when someone posts that stuff too.

zid.gif

Yeo using Zidlicky as a shutdown defence-man is the only thing you need to know about how this team is coached.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
How the hell has Clarkson figured out how to score. I mean has he been given some divine guidance to know how to take a good spot infront of the net or what? I cant figure it out. I cant believe it either. Seems so unreal. The Clarktard, who got too big of a contract a couple of years back (a bunch of people complained) has proven to be worth double the money.

Imo he is a poor mans Kovy: Scores, but it aint pretty. Is gritty and rough, wont make the highlight reel, but is the foundation of the team. Way to go.

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
Anyone notice that all of the defensemen except Zidlicky have added the punch/elbow to their game? The chip and chase plays against us end up with Greene and Larsson slamming someone in the ribs now. It's awesome.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
How the hell has Clarkson figured out how to score. I mean has he been given some divine guidance to know how to take a good spot infront of the net or what? I cant figure it out. I cant believe it either. Seems so unreal. The Clarktard, who got too big of a contract a couple of years back (a bunch of people complained) has proven to be worth double the money.

Imo he is a poor mans Kovy: Scores, but it aint pretty. Is gritty and rough, wont make the highlight reel, but is the foundation of the team. Way to go.

I'm not sure where it came from either, but I'm certainly not complaining as long as he keeps it up.

I don't know about poor man's Kovy though, many of Kovy's goals are very pretty. Clarkson's almost never are.

Anyone notice that all of the defensemen except Zidlicky have added the punch/elbow to their game? The chip and chase plays against us end up with Greene and Larsson slamming someone in the ribs now. It's awesome.

I think that might be the influence of Stevens at work. Our defence has a bit more snarl to it for sure. Larsson is definitely playing more physical and less timid than last year.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Clarkson is the most unorthodox goal scorer I have ever seen (yeah I called him a goal scorer). He's got a very odd/ugly skating style, leans of his stick like a kid tripod style, and ugly stick handing (I just don't know how he controls the puck sometimes). He falls down constantly for apparently no reason but he's so hard to knock off the puck. He seems the luckiest guy out there cause the puck just finds him somehow it's just ridiculous. I thought it was just dumb luck but it's mostly from hard work and him going to the rough areas to score. He's gotten noticeably better after he shortened up his stick. His puck deflecting/redirecting skills are very underrated.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Clarkson is the most unorthodox goal scorer I have ever seen (yeah I called him a goal scorer). He's got a very odd/ugly skating style, leans of his stick like a kid tripod style, and ugly stick handing (I just don't know how he controls the puck sometimes). He falls down constantly for apparently no reason but he's so hard to knock off the puck. He seems the luckiest guy out there cause the puck just finds him somehow it's just ridiculous. I thought it was just dumb luck but it's mostly from hard work and him going to the rough areas to score. He's gotten noticeably better after he shortened up his stick. His puck deflecting/redirecting skills are very underrated.

One of the biggest improvements to his game, besides that nice shot, is how he controls the puck. You pretty much know that if Clarky has the puck on the cycle, he's keeping it and making a play.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

So true :laugh:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
My NHL 13 2013-2014 New Jersey Devils. I started from the off-season so I could resign Poni and Parise. That lineup is pretty bad ass.

Filpulla-Skinner-Kovalchuk
Ponikarovski-Zajac-Radulov
Winnik-Henrique-Zubrus
Pouliot-Josefson/T. Smith-Bernier

Greene-Larsson
Tallinder-Regehr
Streit-Volchenkov

Brodeur

Imagine if Lou ****ing pulled that off....I traded Parise and a second for Skinner, a first, and a 4th because Parise's salary was ****ing 10 million dollars. I was like screw that and traded him for Skinner who I signed for 8 years at 5.5 million per.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Between the missing teeth and this sure to be scar Ted's will be quite the picture.

Wonder how long he's expected to be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad