2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
TGfireandice: The consensus among Devils is that the pre-game music in locker room has improved significantly with Zajac taking over for injured Zubrus.

TGfireandice: But, as Johan Hedberg pointed out, "With Zubie, even if it was church music people would say it was better."

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
TGfireandice: The consensus among Devils is that the pre-game music in locker room has improved significantly with Zajac taking over for injured Zubrus.

TGfireandice: But, as Johan Hedberg pointed out, "With Zubie, even if it was church music people would say it was better."

:laugh:

Lot of good stuff coming out of today's practice;

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Patrik Elias on Zubrus: "I sent him a picture of (Alexei Ponikarovsky) sitting beside me (in the dressing room). That got him to call."

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hope that means the warmup music will be better. I actually liked dj Zubie's selection last year, but the stuff they're playing this year doesn't work for me.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What's that song they played in warmups last season? The only word I can seem to remember is "Hello"

Oh I hated that song, was always embarressed during warm ups. Like THAT is what our hockey team warms up too? That is hilarious everyone is ragging on DJ Zubs. That quote from Elias is great. Good example why bringing Poni back is a good idea. He already knows everyone.

School

Jun 13, 2008
im just happy they have been playing alot tool and nin... the grudge is amazing

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
So i was just startign to watch the It's Devils Hockey show http://video.devils.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=745&id=201601&cmpid=embed-share-video and I couldn't believe the song they started with. A few years ago i was asking if anyone had heard it or had it, and voila, there it is.

Hey you devils, play you devils, show'em that they met the best....Catch fire!!
That was the WABC 770 intro song back in the early 90's with Chris Moore. Except the WABC version was much better and less cheesy.

That was actually the goal song in 1988-89. Wasn't used that much that season. Also my friend had (or has) a record, yes a record with that song on it. A 45.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey i love the early november!

*flips hood up and storms out.*

Dude they are one of my favorite bands. Ace played a show in my basement when I was still living at my dads house. Came and played an acoustic show with me and my friends.

205051_552978285435_1703388_n.jpg

In this photo I spot me and gf holding our dog, njdvsfan95's wife, and cowbell lurking.

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Dude they are one of my favorite bands. Ace played a show in my basement when I was still living at my dads house. Came and played an acoustic show with me and my friends.

205051_552978285435_1703388_n.jpg

In this photo I spot me and gf holding our dog, njdvsfan95's wife, and cowbell lurking.

That is awesome. Such a nice group of people too, so happy theyre back together.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the reason Pete wasn't considered last year was because of being the best team in the second half of 10/11 under Lemaire.

Had we continued to suck that season and followed it up with what we did last year, Pete would have ran away with it hands down.

Gentleman of Verona

Famous Ray
Apr 24, 2012
Verona, NJ
Well, it would only make sense. The usual "experts" rarely give us much of a chance in the pre-season, so when we inevitably contend the good old "their coach is a wizard!1!1" meme gets trotted out as an easy way to save face.

He would be very deserving, though.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think the reason Pete wasn't considered last year was because of being the best team in the second half of 10/11 under Lemaire.

Had we continued to suck that season and followed it up with what we did last year, Pete would have ran away with it hands down.

Lemaire himself should have gotten it lol, but I think with how good the record was in '10-11, people just wrote off the first half as a Mac-led abberation.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lemaire himself should have gotten it lol, but I think with how good the record was in '10-11, people just wrote off the first half as a Mac-led abberation.

If we had snuck into the playoffs Lemaire would have gotten it. We were in a much bigger hole when he took over than the Caps were in 07/08 when Boudreau took over. They went on to sneak into the playoffs, and bump Carolina out and won the division in the last few days. And Boudreau got it that year.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
What's that song they played in warmups last season? The only word I can seem to remember is "Hello"

Zubrus actually picked out that music?

I thought it was just music that the people played there. I didn't ****ing know that. But I really want to get a CD with all of the warm-up songs, anyone know all of them?

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

I thought it was just music that the people played there. I didn't ****ing know that. But I really want to get a CD with all of the warm-up songs, anyone know all of them?

Zubrus and Zach redid all the warmup music, one of the beat writers was talking about that last season.

Now that Zach is gone and Zubrus is injured, Zajac has taken over lockerroom music.

I guess if Zajac is gone.. Zidlicky is up next ;)

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I only remember a few songs from last years warm ups. I remember that ''Make me come alive come on, and turn me on turn me on turn me on turn me on'' and that other one ''Oh sometimes I get a good feeling that I never ever felt before I get a good feeling'' one. I don't know the names, but those ones stick out!:laugh: That last one is on a few commercials.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think I'm gonna do a best trade poll for the Devils.

I'm going to obviously include Kovalchuk trade, Kurvers/Niedermayer, Holik for Burke, Salvador for Janssen.

Any other notables I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad