2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Zidlicky for hot garbage?

Wasn't a "steal" but we pulled a HF by giving away quantity over quality... wich helped us in our cup run.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Wasn't a "steal" but we pulled a HF by giving away quantity over quality... wich helped us in our cup run.

and thats where the BS from Wild fans began on how they great of a win the trade was - how the familiarity of Foster and Vellueix would be solid additions, the potential of Palmieri, and the picks

and all we got was some washed up, poor attitude defensemen :laugh:

but Fletcher is the best GM in the league brah, reeled in that deal and made two big FA signings!

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Actually.. Poni for Joe Sova + 4th was a fantastic trade and a total steal.

...there's also my own personal favorite. PL3 for a 5th. I wanted to hug that 5th, that's how much I hated him. Not too many players I've ever hated like that.

I hated Peters, and Boulton more. I like Janssen cause he's a likeable guy. On the ice though I'm not sure who I preferred. I think I hated Pelley a lot too. He was garbage.

The only thing better would have been to trade Poni for a 4th, and someone in Albany. Like that corpse Matt Corrente.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Speaking of corpse, Dany Heatley! Haha!:laugh:

Dude's getting bought out this Summer. Then they'll be at the cap ceiling, or slightly lower.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I hated Peters, and Boulton more. I like Janssen cause he's a likeable guy. On the ice though I'm not sure who I preferred. I think I hated Pelley a lot too. He was garbage.

The only thing better would have been to trade Poni for a 4th, and someone in Albany. Like that corpse Matt Corrente.

For me:
1A. Peters
1B. PL3
1.5 Boulton

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For me:
1A. Peters
1B. PL3
1.5 Boulton

For me it was

1. Boulton
2. Peters
2A. Asham
2B. PL3

Boulton was not only pointless in 51 games, but never even on the ice for a goal scored. Seemed to always be out there though when a goal against was scored. Opposing teams would love to get their top line out there with him. I mean other teams 4th lines were a challenge for him. I think Peters was on the ice for 2 goals for in a little over half the games played. PL3 had 2 points.

Asham was just awful. Man I hated that guy, and still do. Both him, and Boulton always seemed to take deflating penalties.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
For me it was

1. Boulton
2. Peters
2A. Asham
2B. PL3

Boulton was not only pointless in 51 games, but never even on the ice for a goal scored. Seemed to always be out there though when a goal against was scored. Opposing teams would love to get their top line out there with him. I mean other teams 4th lines were a challenge for him. I think Peters was on the ice for 2 goals for in a little over half the games played. PL3 had 2 points.

Asham was just awful. Man I hated that guy, and still do. Both him, and Boulton always seemed to take deflating penalties.

The growing trend is we sign an enforcer that scored a goal on us the year before.

It happened with Boulton (hat trick), how that happened is absolutely beyond me. Barch scored on us last year. Some enforcer scored on us this year that made me think that, I forget who it is.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The growing trend is we sign an enforcer that scored a goal on us the year before.

It happened with Boulton (hat trick), how that happened is absolutely beyond me. Barch scored on us last year. Some enforcer scored on us this year that made me think that, I forget who it is.

I think it was Bortuzzi or whoever he is from Pittsburgh. That was his first career goal too. Nice deflection from Josefson I think!:laugh:

Or Bortuzzo, what was his name?

Yeah Barch scored one of his 2 goals last year on Moose! And Boulton hat trick yuck. That was Maclean's last game. Or better yet second to last game. May have been the final nail is his coffin though for him.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Lots of attention on Clarkson lately. It's nice to see:

Clarkson is Competitive and Combative

“I think confidence plays a huge part in how you view your ability to contribute,†said the veteran of nearly 400 NHL regular season games. “Whether it’s a coach’s belief in what you can do, working hard in the off-season to improve every aspect of your game, you always strive to be good in every skill set.â€

Gone are the days of tentative play and second guessing.

“I’m not as worried about making a pass that I might have been in the past,†asserted David, who recently arranged a donation of 50 new sets of hockey equipment through the NHL Players’ Association’s Goals and Dreams fund. “I think the lockout, as strange as it may seem, helped me prepare for this year. I worked at getting stronger and I worked on my skating and everything else. I wanted to be counted on defensively, too.†....

“I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t having fun,†said David. “It’s been great. The team is doing well. We’re all happy with the way things have gone so far. I’m lucky to ave so much support from so many people.â€

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Kurvers to Toronto was for Torontos first twodrafts latet..the leafs back then were worse than now . Limdros was the prize going into that draft. Amazing we could get a first for tom kurvers

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Can they please get a new social media intern? They talk like a HF poster

New Jersey Devils
We got off to a quick start but Philly came roaring back with 3 goals. Simmonds, Knuble and Read scored. We had some chances as Clarkson hit the post and Henrique missed on an open net. We need to capitalize in the second. Let’s Go!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So we finished the list, I think (put a question mark on Ojanen because he left for Finland then returned. Not sure if it's the same, he never switched NHL organizations or anything).

Terreri, Albelin, Lemieux, Rolston, Holik, Shanahan, Schwab, Dowd, Mogilny, Malakhov, Sykora, Arnott, Salmela, Clemmensen, Sutton, Oliwa, Rupp, Poni, Janssen, Rheaume, Richer, Leach, and Ojanen (?).

It's getting lost in the Devils gameday thread and it's more fitting in this one.

It's about the second stint part, but the question is whether or not second stint is playing with an NHL team beforehand, changing organizations, or leaving and returning to the NHL.

I think it's complete with Ojanen but I'm not sure.

DevilChuk*

New Jersey Devils
We got off to a quick start but Philly came roaring back with 3 goals. Simmonds, Knuble and Read scored. We had some chances as Clarkson hit the post and Henrique missed on an open net. We need to capitalize in the second. Let’s Go!

Sounds like a book report. Will the final paragraph be whether you would recommend the game to your friends and why?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Actually.. Poni for Joe Sova + 4th was a fantastic trade and a total steal.

...there's also my own personal favorite. PL3 for a 5th. I wanted to hug that 5th, that's how much I hated him. Not too many players I've ever hated like that.

And the fifth turned into Graham Black, so it might actually become a solid player for us.

Ya, who says Voltron trades don't still happen?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

New Jersey Devils

That's the way every social media talks now. It makes it look like they are connected to the team and fans instead of just being robots.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Poor Teddy

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell
Wow. Kid can't catch a break RT @unchoehne2306: Tedenby took a skate to the face in Glens Falls tonight and had 133 stitches

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
According to a Phantoms beat writer is was right above the jaw.

@dianacnearhos
Tedenby got 100+ stitches on a cut just above the jawline after colliding with Munroe and Manning's skate.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jesus, the hockey gods must want him to look fugly between the gaptooth and now this.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Patty tied for 5th in the league in scoring, Clarkson and Kovy tied with others in top 10 also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad