Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Exactly.

....degressed?

I call his development in Boston Degressionary. I dont see what I saw before in his potential. Daigle anyone?

Seriously,you can't play well for Boston but you will go to a non playoff team and have impact? Not! Boston wants rid of him before it is too late.

BigMac*

No one would trade a top 3 pick in this draft for $5.5M dud called Seguin. He has degressed and his development has levelled off badly. Duds who are locked up at a whopping $5.5M have no real value it is all perceived or gambling. Even Nonnis talked about players making $5M but not playing upto it being liabilities you may have to buyout.

Imagine this,Florida makes that trade but Seguin has a horrible year and they miss the playoffs but Drouin becomes a 20 gaol rookie.You now have to think about buying out Seguin while Drouin goes on to be an impact player.No way Florida offers their 2nd for Seguin.They would be lucky to get Edm's 7th and I even doubt that.You think you can overlook Seguin's contract,you can't.He is way overpaid.

This risk right here is pretty much involved in every transaction. I don't understand how he's a dud. Because he had 1 bad playoff? He's a 21 year old kid for Christ sakes. Segs signed that contract after having a 67 pt season. He has also led the Bruins in scoring cobined through the last 2 years. You're judging a dud on one playoff experience. He went cold and most of that was because he was playing on the 3rd line.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
No one would trade a top 3 pick in this draft for $5.5M dud called Seguin. He has degressed and his development has levelled off badly. Duds who are locked up at a whopping $5.5M have no real value, it is all perceived or gambling. Even Nonnis talked about players making $5M+ but not playing upto it being liabilities you may have to buyout.

Imagine this,Florida makes that trade but Seguin has a horrible year and they miss the playoffs but Drouin becomes a 20 goal rookie.You now have to think about buying out Seguin while Drouin goes on to be an impact player.No way Florida offers their 2nd for Seguin.They would be lucky to get Edm's 7th and I even doubt that.You think you can overlook Seguin's contract,you can't.He is way overpaid.

Despite having a point, you're way underrating Seguin. He's far from a dud, and still has plenty of potential, and he's only 21. Plenty of time to figure it out.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Kadri is 22 years old (Oct 6, 1990) and has played 107 NHL games and scored 67 points.
Seguin is 21 years old (Jan 31, 1992) and has played 245 NHL games and scored 139 points.

At Seguin's age Kadri had played 50 games and had 19 points.

Not a lot of patience around here.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Kadri is 22 years old (Oct 6, 1990) and has played 107 NHL games and scored 67 points.
Seguin is 21 years old (Jan 31, 1992) and has played 245 NHL games and scored 139 points.

At Seguin's age Kadri had played 50 games and had 19 points.

Not a lot of patience around here.

Never has been. I'd love to get a hold of Seguin, but not for too much. Gardiner and our 1st at best.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Boston wants to sign Lecavalier but wants to trade Seguin?

I would really try to sign Lecavalier and forget about Seguin.

Pulfy14

May 11, 2004
@DarrenDreger reporting strong chance that Toronto Maple Leafs could move up into Top 5. Have had some discussion with Carolina Hurricanes.

Reported by @TSN1050radio

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
@DarrenDreger reporting strong chance that Toronto Maple Leafs could move up into Top 5. Have had some discussion with Carolina Hurricanes.

Wow.... I wonder what that would cost us?

Michael Traikos @Michael_Traikos
“@TSN1050Radio: .@DarrenDreger reporting strong chance #Leafs could move into Top 5. Have had some discussion with Hurricanes.” WTF?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Reported by @TSN1050radio

TrollenDreger

Should we list the other 20+ teams who might move up into the Top 5 ... Detroit, Columbus, Chicago, ...

I'd love it, I'd say only Kessel is off limits to make it happen.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Getting tired of all the hype about trade activity around the draft. To this point it has been a huge fizzle. Only trade has been involving Calgary shipping old guys to the Avs. Dull. Hopefully it picks up.

I do think though that this is going to be an exciting and eventful (yet unpredictable) next week in the NHL. Can't wait to see what all goes down!

welcome to the cap world. (sigh).
trade deadline day is the same way. a lot is done way before.

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
Somerhing around franson and 21 could happen too. Although I think franson was one of our best dmen last year.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Would love to get Monahan, but not at the cost of Rielly.

I'm not really worried about that.

1. Nonis has consistently said he wants to get younger, he's not trading young players

2. Carolina's motive is to get better now.

I can see them wanting roster players. We can do a combo of Franson, Kulemin etc plus the 21st. Could also be that Dion is in play

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
TrollenDreger

Should we list the other 20+ teams who might move up into the Top 5 ... Detroit, Columbus, Chicago, ...

I'd love it, I'd say only Kessel is off limits to make it happen.

It would be exciting for sure... That 5th will be a gem of a player. Doubt anything materializes though... At this point im leaning toward a minor deal for one of Clutterbuck or Clarkson's rights, and a 21st overall pick. We will then have our targets set for FA: Weiss/Lecavelier, Scuderi, and Boyd Gordon.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
@RenLavoieRDS: I've been told that the Penguins and Kristopher Letang are close to a deal. Small details to resolved and contract will be official. #RDS

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
No one would trade a top 3 pick in this draft for $5.5M dud called Seguin. He has degressed and his development has levelled off badly. Duds who are locked up at a whopping $5.5M have no real value, it is all perceived or gambling. Even Nonnis talked about players making $5M+ but not playing upto it being liabilities you may have to buyout.

Imagine this,Florida makes that trade but Seguin has a horrible year and they miss the playoffs but Drouin becomes a 20 goal rookie.You now have to think about buying out Seguin while Drouin goes on to be an impact player.No way Florida offers their 2nd for Seguin.They would be lucky to get Edm's 7th and I even doubt that.You think you can overlook Seguin's contract,you can't.He is way overpaid.

You're off your rocker. So a 21 year old player can't improve? Buying out Seguin if he performed poorly next year? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad